Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Member saying hi to all

Go down 
+7
eiji
chrislzh
Technospaz
ghoonk
sunny
Tituman
actioneer
11 posters
AuthorMessage
actioneer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

New Member saying hi to all Empty
PostSubject: New Member saying hi to all   New Member saying hi to all I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:09 pm

Hi I have just joined the forum as it was mentioned in a car forum Smile

Just to say hi to all members, and am glad to have found a golfing forum for SG golfers.

I am a member of NSRCC and have just gotten my PC. Not a good player yet but training on javascript:emoticonp('bounce') .

Just checking: I can play NSRCC 9 holes (one of the 3 courses) on weekday mornings from around 730am, I wonder are there any kaki who are like me so that we can arrange to play together, or are there already such a arrangement somewhere that I can join? Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: New Member saying hi to all   New Member saying hi to all I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:32 pm

HI Welcome to our daily 'fix' hole. You can't live without it once you are in. I warn you the withdrawal symtoms are serious and you might wander about like a zombie once the forum is down for whatever reasons. You have been forewarn ! but again welcome to our paradise lol!

Titu Swing good putt I HIT IT
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: New Member saying hi to all   New Member saying hi to all I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi actioneer, welcome here. Our coming activities are on top left highlights. Please join us if you can. Next we'd we'll be at mbgc rooftop for our weekly meet up
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
actioneer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Member saying hi to all   New Member saying hi to all I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:24 pm

tks tituman (haha I like this one, titu Smile) ) and sunny for the welcome.

to titu: I really understand the "fix" part cos hmm mind keep thinking about golf swing after a bad game Smile

to sunny: will check out the event details. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: New Member saying hi to all   New Member saying hi to all I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:33 pm

Welcome welcome

GR is like a hospital -- many doctors (for your swing and equipment problems), many patients (everyone working to improve), a couple of hypochondriacs (people who keep thinking something is wrong with their swing or equipment but still shoot sub-80s anyway), and a couple of chowkeng-ers (people who keep saying that they are not 'healthy' but secretly shoot 80 anyway)

But overall, it is a fun community.

which car forum were you referred from? I used to be active in SG Evo Club and VAGSG before I moved out of country Smile
Back to top Go down
actioneer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Member saying hi to all   New Member saying hi to all I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:48 pm

to ghoonk: I m a silent reader of MCF or MyCarForum. Smile Lack the time for car forum meet ups since there is always only 1 driver in a car. But golfing is a different animal: we always need 4 players, and can even change partners and play with different people. Like you said its a fun game and a fun community. Thanks for the welcome and hope I can get handicap soon by working hard. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: New Member saying hi to all   New Member saying hi to all I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:50 pm

Hi actioneer Smile Welcome to the Golf Republic! Smile
Back to top Go down
actioneer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Member saying hi to all   New Member saying hi to all I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm

thank you Technospaz and says hi Smile
Back to top Go down
chrislzh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Member saying hi to all   New Member saying hi to all I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:54 pm

Hi actioneer... welcome to Golf republic
Back to top Go down
actioneer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Member saying hi to all   New Member saying hi to all I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:58 pm

tks chrislzh Smile Oh take the chance and wishes all who celb CNY a happy and prosperous Lunar New Year! Huat ah!
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: New Member saying hi to all   New Member saying hi to all I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:30 pm

actioneer wrote:
to ghoonk: I m a silent reader of MCF or MyCarForum. Smile Lack the time for car forum meet ups since there is always only 1 driver in a car. But golfing is a different animal: we always need 4 players, and can even change partners and play with different people. Like you said its a fun game and a fun community. Thanks for the welcome and hope I can get handicap soon by working hard. Very Happy

the golfing event held by GR never a game just for 4 players....as you get to the pple in our community more, the golfing starts before and after the game ROFL Stretcher Stretcher
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: New Member saying hi to all   New Member saying hi to all I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 5:48 pm

Hi. Welcome...
Back to top Go down
Zanny
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Member saying hi to all   New Member saying hi to all I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:07 pm

Hi actioneer

Newbie too, welcome!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
actioneer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Member saying hi to all   New Member saying hi to all I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:51 pm

to eiji,blee2007 and Zanny: tks for the welcome Smile

to eiji: wow sounds serious, that is real community bond haha. Great to hear that. Smile

to Zanny: Lets us work hard to get handicap asap while enjoying the game k. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy
crystal_tiong

PostSubject: Re: New Member saying hi to all   New Member saying hi to all I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:48 pm

welcome to GR , hope to see u soon on wed @ mgbc ....
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

PostSubject: Re: New Member saying hi to all   New Member saying hi to all I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:16 am

hey actioner... i just joined nsrcc... will be getting booking for PC test soon..

maybe we can play together some time! me also newbie =P

and welcome to this magnificent forum!
Back to top Go down
actioneer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Member saying hi to all   New Member saying hi to all I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:21 am

Hi crystal_tiong, most likely can't make it this wed due to OC permit scarcity Smile) Will try another time k. U guys are passionate and amazingly warm. Love that attitude, but its addictive, haha. Smile
Back to top Go down
actioneer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Member saying hi to all   New Member saying hi to all I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:24 am

Hi Aloyboy, all the best to yr PC test soon, rem to book for theory first as that one has a longer waiting time (2 months once or something like that). Yup we can play together if you are ok with weekday's 730am type of 9 holes Smile Just love the morning coolness and alertness. Let me know when u got yr PC n we can arrange k. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

PostSubject: Re: New Member saying hi to all   New Member saying hi to all I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:26 am

wah... 2 months??

but i can start playing while waiting for that theory rite?
Back to top Go down
actioneer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Member saying hi to all   New Member saying hi to all I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 2:04 am

hmm Par-3 sure can (even b4 pass PC, just ask the driving range to certify and give a card), for main courses you would have to check.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member saying hi to all   New Member saying hi to all I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Member saying hi to all
Page 1 of 1