Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yet another introduction...

Go down 
+5
Khorkar
Roystonnn
sunny
Technospaz
shaugn
9 posters
AuthorMessage
shaugn
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
shaugn

Yet another introduction... Empty
PostSubject: Yet another introduction...   Yet another introduction... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 11:30 pm

Hey everyone!

Great to find a local forum for golf enthusiasts. Smile

I first picked up golf a number of years ago but didnt quite get 'into it' at the time. Always enjoyed watching golf on tv, but I guess that doesnt translate well onto the golf course! silent

Anyway, my girlfriend recently started taking up golf (sponsored by her company Razz ) and i sort of tagged along. Surprising that I can still hit the ball after all these years! Beening hanging out at MBGC mostly and sometimes at the Bishan range. Still very much a beginner and range rat for now, but looking forward to hitting the courses eventually. Very Happy

Cheers!
Shaun
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Yet another introduction...   Yet another introduction... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 11:32 pm

Hi Shaugn! Welcome to GR. I practice at MBGC too so if you're keen for some kaki, gimme a shout. Oh... there are other regular MBGC folks here too Smile
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Yet another introduction...   Yet another introduction... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 11:35 pm

hello...i go mbgc quite often too
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
shaugn
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
shaugn

PostSubject: Re: Yet another introduction...   Yet another introduction... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 11:44 pm

Hey guys! Seems like there are quite a number of MBGC kakis here! Gotta love the nice breeze you get there! A world apart from the hot and stuffy range at Bishan... Razz
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Yet another introduction...   Yet another introduction... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 11:58 pm

it is good to practice wedges on the fourth level as you have no fear of hitting ceilings...
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Yet another introduction...   Yet another introduction... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:01 am

Bishan got fan leh.. hehe. Razz
But I still sweat hell lot.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Yet another introduction...   Yet another introduction... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:01 am

I think the folks going to MBGC range should start cult team in MBGC with GR headban or cap. We would expect a lot of kakis there practicing becoming pro golfer...
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Yet another introduction...   Yet another introduction... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:45 am

Welcome Shaun ! If you want to try the real golf course in JB, please watch out the JB thread as we always hit JB course very often, i am a course rat as i seldom hit the range only before big games with turtle soup at stake hehehehe
Swing

Been in this silly game for a while, still play like a beginner with 150m drive, 4 on, 4 putted.....in the bunker while trying to get out , will dig a Fox Hole with sand wedge.... scratch

Hope you will join us soon !

Beer
Back to top Go down
shaugn
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
shaugn

PostSubject: Re: Yet another introduction...   Yet another introduction... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:27 am

GR cap sounds like a good idea actually! Laughing

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. WIll keep a lookout for upcoming games and maybe join you guys at some point! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Yet another introduction...   Yet another introduction... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:48 am

Khorkar wrote:
I think the folks going to MBGC range should start cult team in MBGC with GR headban or cap. We would expect a lot of kakis there practicing becoming pro golfer...

Yah, I met 2 BFG-type people there already.

The first was last week when I saw golfjunk. I said hello because I saw that his driver was equipped with a graman shaft. The white shaft with blue fishes is a big give-away.

Yesterday, I met a BFG-regular (I think). His name is Jimmy Kok (Eric should know him). He had all the BFG club covers... you know, the fish driver headcover, the one-putt or one-shot covers etc.
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Yet another introduction...   Yet another introduction... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 2:53 pm

Yaya, those with the white shaft, I would reckon that they are members of GR!
My gear has nothing iconic from BFG.
Oni the iron cover which has worn out.

I am waiting for the colourful design iron cover..
(the one with pokka dots, bright green & etc) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Yet another introduction...   Yet another introduction... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 2:59 pm

Roystonnn wrote:
Yaya, those with the white shaft, I would reckon that they are members of GR!
My gear has nothing iconic from BFG.
Oni the iron cover which has worn out.

I am waiting for the colourful design iron cover..
(the one with pokka dots, bright green & etc) Very Happy

For the time being, I like my driver cover. The one with the big fish. It's magnetic and awesome! Smile
Back to top Go down
Elbry
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Elbry

PostSubject: Re: Yet another introduction...   Yet another introduction... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 3:04 pm

Welcome to GR Smile

Only managed to go to MBGC recently and was pleasantly surprised with the setting/environment of the driving range there. Relaxing and spacious, only drawback is that it seems to always be quite crowded, difficult to get bays that are togather if you have a big group.
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: Yet another introduction...   Yet another introduction... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 3:08 pm

MBGC is good... alot of XMM also:) Btw, memory is failing me... who is the one that always go to MBGC to pick up xmm? is it shotah?
Back to top Go down
shaugn
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
shaugn

PostSubject: Re: Yet another introduction...   Yet another introduction... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 3:46 pm

siaw8 wrote:
MBGC is good... alot of XMM also:) Btw, memory is failing me... who is the one that always go to MBGC to pick up xmm? is it shotah?

Laughing Laughing

Yeah it can get pretty crowded there especially on weekends. I mostly go at night around 9 on weekdays so its not too bad. Try the 4th floor for warm up if its all full, then move down later when it's less crowded. Surprising how many ppl who frequent the range dont realise there's a 4th floor. Breeze is excellent up there! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steffan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Yet another introduction...   Yet another introduction... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:15 pm

Welcome here, check out our regular overgame and after game feast!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yet another introduction...   Yet another introduction... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yet another introduction...
Page 1 of 1