Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge

Go down 
+3
jurongtiger
JonL_TK
DGman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge Empty
PostSubject: Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge   Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:43 pm

anyone wants to caddy for 1 to 2 thai ladies pro during the HSBC Womens' Championship?

Must know Garden pretty well, or have be a low handicapper and be fit to carry a bag around for 4 days.

let me know if you are interested.

Kopi Towkay's colleague who did well at the last outing at Warren should be a pretty suitable candidate.

Will know the actual nos after the Honda Ladies Open from 18th to 21 Feb as those who made the cut can play at the HSBC Womens' Championship.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge   Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:14 pm

Can consider... How's the pay structure?
Can caddy for Michelle Wie?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge   Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:36 pm

Unless you are a professional caddy, or one that is paid by the tournament, its a volunteer job that is subjected to pre-selection. if you are not, i think you have to pay a lot of money to caddy for Michelle Wie. its a seriously assignment and please understand that we are only trying to help the players find suitable candidates at this point.

we can talk remuneration if the person can show that he or she can do better than the tournament's assigned caddies.

if you are interested, please PM your details like handicap, years of playing, home course and other relevant information.

thanks...DGman
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge   Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:42 pm

Sorry... who does the pre-selection?
Is it like a physical fitness test?
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge   Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 8:21 pm

wahh michelle wie! I wan also. I pay can?
Back to top Go down
golfer
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge   Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:08 pm

sorry for asking funny question. dont the pro players have their own caddies ? I mean cant they afford pro caddies who can help them in the game?
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge   Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:16 pm

Sometimes is more cost effective to get a local than to fly your caddy around the world.... It depends, Michelle would fly her own caddy for sure........
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge   Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:54 pm

Not all pros make hundreds of thousands let alone millions.

you can ask even the most seasoned pros, somewhere along their playing career, they could be down to their last pennies. of course TW is different, hence maybe he may view success different from the journeyman.

its tough being a pro and it takes a special breed to be a pro and have big dreams. thats why we should support pros like Justin Han who come up through the ranks and work tirelessly towards their goals.

so in whatever way we can, we will try and help the needy professionals who just need the one chance to succeed. like SS will say, all elements aligned and everything just happened on that day. Imagine if you are the caddy and your player won that day....WOW!

uncle too old and unfit, if not you think you got chance meh.

DGman

Last edited by DGman on Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge   Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:39 am

am i qualified enough to do this, master?

looking for a career change..
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge   Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:13 am

Sounds like fun but DGman is right, it's a serious assignment, after all, it's someone else's living we are helping to look after as a caddy.

From personal experience caddying for a friend in just an amateur event, you may find yourself running around like a headless chicken at first, trying to tend to a player's needs especially around and on the greens. You gotta be thinking two steps ahead and anticipating your player's needs. If you lag behind, you'll be playing catch up most of the time. I did just for one round and found it tiring.

If I may add what little I know from a friend who volunteered to caddy for a pro one year at the Barclays. First, you'lll be lugging a fully loaded staff bag for four days over uneven terrain. My friend developed blisters on his feet after day 2, and there was no backing out, still gotta soldier on. And apparently, there is a particular way to rake the bunker, the way we rake it in normal play is not up to par. Do it wrong, and there is a fine. So for the first day, the pro raked the bunkers by himself until my friend learned how to do it right. And if it rains, your player and his clubs come first in keeping dry, you are the last to keep dry, if at all.

Not meaning to discourage anyone, just sharing my thoughts, hearsay and experience to help anyone thinking of caddying make an informed decision. And if the exciting experience of caddying for a lady pro still has you going like a Mexican jumping bean, enjoy the experience from inside the ropes.

FORE!!!
On Green
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge   Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who wants to caddy in HSBC Womens' Challenge
Page 1 of 1