Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

lower flight profile off the tee using driver

Go down 
+9
tronos
Aloyboy
daveaha
Quest
Tituman
kopiO
andrewlee
jaketang
Ron Lee
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Ron Lee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

lower flight profile off the tee using driver Empty
PostSubject: lower flight profile off the tee using driver   lower flight profile off the tee using driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 9:37 pm

hey guys, need your expert opinion. how can i tee off with my driver (9deg, stiff yellow speeder shaft) to achieve a lower flight profile with more roll? rite now, i can achieve abt 230m carry but the ball doesnt roll at all. it lands and stops dead as if there is back spin imparted at impact.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: lower flight profile off the tee using driver   lower flight profile off the tee using driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 9:41 pm

Shocked
Back to top Go down
andrewlee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
andrewlee

PostSubject: Re: lower flight profile off the tee using driver   lower flight profile off the tee using driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 9:46 pm

230m + no roll affraid
I oni 180m + roll.... HELP
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: lower flight profile off the tee using driver   lower flight profile off the tee using driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 9:48 pm

andrewlee wrote:
230m + no roll affraid
I oni 180m + roll.... HELP

buaya alert!
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: lower flight profile off the tee using driver   lower flight profile off the tee using driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 9:52 pm

virezz wrote:
hey guys, need your expert opinion. how can i tee off with my driver (9deg, stiff yellow speeder shaft) to achieve a lower flight profile with more roll? rite now, i can achieve abt 230m carry but the ball doesnt roll at all. it lands and stops dead as if there is back spin imparted at impact.
Hi Bro, if I can achieved 230m carry, I would concentrate on getting it to land on the fairway everytime rather than still trying for further distance. If you can consistently put it on the fairway, then the distant you want will come later as you can confidently increased your swing speed steadily. JMHO. I can only put about 180m in the fairway with my driver and I am happy if I can do it consistently. Sometimes when everything synchronised together, I may then hit a 200 m drive. But it is just me.

Titu
Back to top Go down
Ron Lee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: lower flight profile off the tee using driver   lower flight profile off the tee using driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 9:59 pm

Tituman wrote:
virezz wrote:
Hi Bro, if I can achieved 230m carry, I would concentrate on getting it to land on the fairway everytime rather than still trying for further distance. If you can consistently put it on the fairway, then the distant you want will come later as you can confidently increased your swing speed steadily. JMHO. I can only put about 180m in the fairway with my driver and I am happy if I can do it consistently. Sometimes when everything synchronised together, I may then hit a 200 m drive. But it is just me.

Titu

titu,
i went thru the same as u, bro. but golf is abt constantly improving your game. rite now, i feel tat i can do more with my 2nd shot if i can keep my ball lower. it helps to fight head wind, get more distance off the tee so tat the 2nd shot can be a wedge in. just hope i dun lose my accuracy from the change in swing or other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Quest
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Quest

PostSubject: Re: lower flight profile off the tee using driver   lower flight profile off the tee using driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:05 pm

Have you tried teeing the ball lower?
Back to top Go down
Ron Lee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: lower flight profile off the tee using driver   lower flight profile off the tee using driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:21 pm

Quest wrote:
Have you tried teeing the ball lower?

i hve tee the ball low but the flight is slightly lowered only. i suspect it the shaft. i just need to know if i shd change it to a high kick or low kick shaft. rite now, according to alex from hong leong garden (cant rem the shop name), the speeder shaft i use is a mid kick shaft. he also suggested tat i tee higher so i can catch it on the up swing n generate forward spin for roll. it doesnt work Sad
Back to top Go down
Quest
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Quest

PostSubject: Re: lower flight profile off the tee using driver   lower flight profile off the tee using driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:42 pm

in that case, I'll suggest you check it out on a launch monitor.
Back to top Go down
Ron Lee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: lower flight profile off the tee using driver   lower flight profile off the tee using driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:52 pm

Quest wrote:

sounds like a fantastic idea. know where i can do tat???
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: lower flight profile off the tee using driver   lower flight profile off the tee using driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:56 pm

virezz wrote:
Quest wrote:

sounds like a fantastic idea. know where i can do tat???

Big fish golf have this equipment. Click here for their contact.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

PostSubject: Re: lower flight profile off the tee using driver   lower flight profile off the tee using driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:00 pm

with this rainy weather... i dont find it surprising if the ball dont roll .. haha
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: lower flight profile off the tee using driver   lower flight profile off the tee using driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:12 pm

read the other forums, need to check ur spin rate and launch angle. Read an article on why those skinny Jap female pros can hit further than macho male golfers, its the spin rate...they hit the ball almost perfect and produce really low spin rate.

Many in the US forums, ppl are obsessed about low spin..low spin head (9015D is popular there and cheap)....low spin shaft (Whiteboard)

There are lots of other factors, shaft being one of them. All this info easily found in the net....how to achieve them = go see fitter and pro.

but dont read too much into the threads of extra roll from a low boring flight on the US forums...many of their course have hard fairways due to really dry weather...ball will bounce and roll forever. Our local courses all have lush grass and many times soft ground (how many times we pray that it would not rain when we play golf)
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: lower flight profile off the tee using driver   lower flight profile off the tee using driver I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:55 pm

If u get a chance to try out the monitor, other than the usual rpms and launch angle tat affects ur ball flight, u will find out that land angle and shot height makes alot of difference to the way it should roll too.

Of course in Sg, if the course is wet, dun expect tour roll. U dun play fairways like they have here which are cut to #1.

That trackman is a wonderful tool. Guys here who use the machine have found out also that to hit a draw, the clubface actually has to be OPEN. Its the club path that actually makes the ball come back as opposed to traditional thinking where we try and close the clubface to hit a draw. So much more information can be found out from using technology like this where even slow speed cameras can't pick it up.

Last edited by S70B on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: lower flight profile off the tee using driver   lower flight profile off the tee using driver I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 7:59 am

Shaft change does help in achieving more roll.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: lower flight profile off the tee using driver   lower flight profile off the tee using driver I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am

virezz wrote:
Tituman wrote:
virezz wrote:

Titu

titu,
i went thru the same as u, bro. but golf is abt constantly improving your game. rite now, i feel tat i can do more with my 2nd shot if i can keep my ball lower. it helps to fight head wind, get more distance off the tee so tat the 2nd shot can be a wedge in. just hope i dun lose my accuracy from the change in swing or other stuff.

Ok bro, I wish you all the best in your never ending quest for the perfect impact for a much longer drive and not to lose your accuracy in exchange for further distance, Cheers Beer

Titu
Back to top Go down
Ron Lee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: lower flight profile off the tee using driver   lower flight profile off the tee using driver I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:18 pm

tronos wrote:
read the other forums, need to check ur spin rate and launch angle. Read an article on why those skinny Jap female pros can hit further than macho male golfers, its the spin rate...they hit the ball almost perfect and produce really low spin rate.

Many in the US forums, ppl are obsessed about low spin..low spin head (9015D is popular there and cheap)....low spin shaft (Whiteboard)

There are lots of other factors, shaft being one of them. All this info easily found in the net....how to achieve them = go see fitter and pro.

but dont read too much into the threads of extra roll from a low boring flight on the US forums...many of their course have hard fairways due to really dry weather...ball will bounce and roll forever. Our local courses all have lush grass and many times soft ground (how many times we pray that it would not rain when we play golf)

what are the whiteboard shafts available in the sg market? any pro shops i can check out on this type of shaft???
Back to top Go down
Ron Lee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: lower flight profile off the tee using driver   lower flight profile off the tee using driver I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:21 pm

S70B wrote:
If u get a chance to try out the monitor, other than the usual rpms and launch angle tat affects ur ball flight, u will find out that land angle and shot height makes alot of difference to the way it should roll too.

Of course in Sg, if the course is wet, dun expect tour roll. U dun play fairways like they have here which are cut to #1.

That trackman is a wonderful tool. Guys here who use the machine have found out also that to hit a draw, the clubface actually has to be OPEN. Its the club path that actually makes the ball come back as opposed to traditional thinking where we try and close the clubface to hit a draw. So much more information can be found out from using technology like this where even slow speed cameras can't pick it up.

wow... feels like rocket science to me!!! open clubface to promote a draw? is it because we tend to consciously close the face at impact while opening clubface at address. that promotes a draw?
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: lower flight profile off the tee using driver   lower flight profile off the tee using driver I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 5:53 pm

The best thing to do its go club fiting ,maybe to achieve the perfect ball flight i mean in using 10.5 degree nakashima .... carry 240 metter. i cary more than with 9.5 or 8.5 .Club fitting it the best because it calculate everything abt swing n angle u attack the ball at the impact .... Am I Right
Back to top Go down
sniffydog
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
sniffydog

PostSubject: Re: lower flight profile off the tee using driver   lower flight profile off the tee using driver I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 6:18 pm

virezz wrote:
S70B wrote:

wow... feels like rocket science to me!!! open clubface to promote a draw? is it because we tend to consciously close the face at impact while opening clubface at address. that promotes a draw?

Some truth to S70B's post. I believe the in to out (top view) of your swing at the split second when the ball gets compressed that can do the trick. The ball actually "sticks" to your club during the impact while it compresses before launching off, and you actually impart a counterclockwise spin (plan view) on the ball with your swing path and the eventual natural closing of the clubface.

...well at least thats how it is with table-tennis and tennis where u actually swipe/slice at the ball...wahhaha. rocket science indeed, or some good imaginary.
Back to top Go down
Ron Lee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: lower flight profile off the tee using driver   lower flight profile off the tee using driver I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:08 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:
The best thing to do its go club fiting ,maybe to achieve the perfect ball flight i mean in using 10.5 degree nakashima .... carry 240 metter. i cary more than with 9.5 or 8.5 .Club fitting it the best because it calculate everything abt swing n angle u attack the ball at the impact .... Am I Right

Cyp, your suggestion is duely noted. i think i will check out the pros at OCC for club fitting when i find time to do so. perhaps nxt wk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lower flight profile off the tee using driver   lower flight profile off the tee using driver I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lower flight profile off the tee using driver
Page 1 of 1