Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?

Go down 
+6
Duval_S
Lamts18
Technospaz
clarencekim
Uncle Lau
Khorkar
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

How much do you spent on Golf per month?
1) 0 - 250
Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_vote_lcap41%Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_vote_rcap
 41% [ 11 ]
2) 250 - 500?
Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_vote_lcap30%Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 8 ]
3) 500 - 750
Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_vote_lcap19%Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 5 ]
4) 750 - 1000
Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_vote_lcap4%Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
5) 1000 and above
Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_vote_lcap6%Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? Empty
PostSubject: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 3:04 pm

Inclusive on the following:
- Membership subscriptions
- Green fees
- Buggies
- Range
- Transportation
- Etc...
(Anything that get you to playing golf lah!!!!)

Excluding:
- Equipment Purchases

LS, LamTS - Excl TSM, TCM hor!!!!

Last edited by Khorkar on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:13 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 3:28 pm

Uncle lau breakdown on Golf average per month. Very Happy

Uncle Lau Golf expences
1) NSRCC monthly subscription ( family plan) / $45
2) Golf green fee in JB ( green fees, food and petrol ) x 2 times / $125
3) Golf green fees in home club, NSRCC x 2 times / $ 76
4) Golf 9 holes green fees with Mrs x 4 times / $24
5) Range fees / $0 ( don't go range unless game like table tennis )

Total average per month = $270

Swing
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 3:52 pm

Me can onli afford mostly subsedized or sponsored games--local & overseas as me too poor to pay much for green fees lately.

Unlike the sponsored or biz-related games some others here on the GR forum play almost every week, I play on a regulation course only once or twice a month usually.

I spend a lot of time taking out my daily frustrations at a nearby driving range as stress relief and some form of exercise.

Sometimes, sponsors will underwrite a full week's worth of games on typically five or six overseas courses, but that is not often.

Sad

CK
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 4:31 pm

I don't spend too much since I don't have too much time to play these days (before anyone asks, it's not because I'm too busy posting here). I usually spend my time at the range which I assume is part of the golf expenses KK is asking.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 6:47 pm

i dont spend too much either.... my wife pays the bills.... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 7:30 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
i dont spend too much either.... my wife pays the bills.... Embarassed

OT: But how much do you spend on your wife Wink Topic OFF Topic OFF
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 7:41 pm

I cant believe the pole, so little ppl spent more than 250. Can not be la...
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 7:41 pm

i shudder to think.... Embarassed
seriously... she managing my business and investments so i have more time to play golf.. so i have her to thank and thanks to God for His blessing...
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 7:43 pm

Khorkar wrote:
I cant believe the pole, so little ppl spent more than 250. Can not be la...

They win a lots of bets la..... so nett off, they spend little la..... like that you also cant think off meh...
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 8:13 pm

I try to save in some 'creative ways'....eg. I stop going range, stop buying magazine....

As such, I budget around 2 game per month....around 400

Membership and others are relatively insignificant in you look at it across per year for me since I am not part of any club.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 8:20 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Inclusive on the following:
- Membership subscriptions
- Green fees
- Buggies
- Range

Excluding:
- Equipment Purchases

Calculate Per Month!

How about travel expenses for overseas golf trips? if that is included, $1000 just nice.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:50 pm

Freedrop, anything goes so long as you play golf he he he.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:18 pm

Thats why bros, don't be stubborn, if you can, go join NSRCC / $2500 for 5 years and membership $30 a month. Each game $38. Got full Country Club facilities, 45 holes and free gym. On the long run it so much Cheaper !

study
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:31 pm

Great suggestion, UL, but unfortunately it's only for NSMen.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:33 pm

the other option is to consider term membership.......Seletar is offering Term membership at 1800 per year fm the what was stated on the banner...but only can golf on weekday...
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:36 pm

If I may add the cheaper option would still be in JB with Poresia. Also its not only the subscription that is alot is playing other greens which incurs additional cost.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:56 pm

Now if i am not mistaken (citaion needed) as i gaze at my crystal ball.... JB golfing rates have climb upway from ie Palm Resort from RM88 to RM99 and it still will cont. to climb upward. Other newer JB course are already, at base rate RM125 onward ( all these are only weekday rates ) Such movements means it will cont to climb as Malaysian Golf management knows Singaporean will still pay to play as compere to Singapore MGK $80 to JB RM150.

Golf in the future will reto back to early Singapore ( Loke Wan Tho's days ) where only those upper income class players to play and not for a average person as rates are bound to move up like the current office rental.

Not to pour cold water on anything, we just cross our fingers, our Blessing and cont. to play our beloved game we love so much that we call GOLF

Beer
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 11:00 pm

Don't worry lah.... Golf in Singapore will not be an elitist game... we have OCC and MBGCC and more if needed..
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 11:13 pm

Thanks bro lamst18 ! If you said so, than i will believe there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Fox Mulder said in X Files " I WANT TO BELIEVE ! "

Beer
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 11:15 pm

Actually I heard that there is likely a new course down at ponggol coney island. Likely to be managed by NTUC or NSRCC
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 11:16 pm

As long as Uncle Lau wants to play in Singapore, they will build one for you to play... swee bo? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 11:23 pm

WOW...... i am very touch bro lamst18...but still your Q number is 128 lor !

Actually there is a lots of Uncle age 55 to 73 (Uncle Ah Tee) now only can afford to play in JB course as Singapore Course are still too ex for them. A lots of them have given up and goes to CC and RC for Line Dancing. I just wish i don't end up like them hanging around missing my beloved game in CC and RC pale

Thanks for the thought bro !

Swing
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 11:28 pm

nientsu wrote:
Actually I heard that there is likely a new course down at ponggol coney island. Likely to be managed by NTUC or NSRCC

WOW Coney Island Golf Cousre by NSRCC !!!!! I better go apply another 10 years !

YOO HOOOOOO

scratch

Last edited by Uncle Lau on Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 11:28 pm

Rates at OCC and MBGCC is quite affordable.. They have made a study and price it as such where the majority of golfers can afford to play here in Singapore.. we have to understand the cost of living is higher here and much safer to say the least...
Back to top Go down
benhogan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 9:25 am

Pole?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?   Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poll: How much do you spend on Golf (Per Month)?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next