Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tanah Merah or Seletar membership?

Go down 
4 posters

TMCC
Tanah Merah or Seletar membership? I_vote_lcap44%Tanah Merah or Seletar membership? I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
SCC
Tanah Merah or Seletar membership? I_vote_lcap56%Tanah Merah or Seletar membership? I_vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Tanah Merah or Seletar membership? Empty
PostSubject: Tanah Merah or Seletar membership?   Tanah Merah or Seletar membership? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 2:50 pm

If you were to consider between TMCC or SCC membership at this time, which is more worth it?
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Tanah Merah or Seletar membership?   Tanah Merah or Seletar membership? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 12:44 am

To put things into perspective, SCC is about 52k after top up while TMCC including top up is about 105k. 

Club membership is in all aspects a lifestyle choice and decision to buy either club cannot be determined by absolute monetary numbers alone. The intangibles should be considered, and some of these can never be assigned a dollar value to be considered. Thus, you have to look at what you really want and appreciate more from a club membership , than the dollars and cents. 

By the way,
SCC 18 holes , TMCC 2 x 18 holes (when Tampines has completed renovation)

Happy deciding... 
Back to top Go down
equin0x
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tanah Merah or Seletar membership?   Tanah Merah or Seletar membership? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 11:32 pm

take note that seletar just concluded their AGM and if i'm not wrong all members have to top up 10k if not their membership would expire in 2021. 

Plus i heard that they are going to renovate both 9s in phases. So something like what's happening at warren now. So you must factor in all these things before you decide on which club to buy. 

But i mean if you're going to plonk down a ton of money on club membership i'd suggest you do your due diligence and not just take my word for it. Very Happy

One more thing i forgot to add. Tmcc has minimum spending every quarter for fnb but im not so sure what it is. Perhaps our friendly tmcc members can shed some light on how much it is.

Last edited by equin0x on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Noriki
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Noriki

PostSubject: Re: Tanah Merah or Seletar membership?   Tanah Merah or Seletar membership? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 10:27 am

If money not a problem then TMCC anytime but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tanah Merah or Seletar membership?   Tanah Merah or Seletar membership? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 1:53 pm

Thanks for all the feedback!

I completely agree that "worth" cannot be quantified purely on financial terms. That's the reason why I thought it may useful to check with GR-ians. Things such as availability of games, quality of facilities, quality of course/s, etc.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Tanah Merah or Seletar membership?   Tanah Merah or Seletar membership? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 4:19 pm

milkem wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback!

I completely agree that "worth" cannot be quantified purely on financial terms. That's the reason why I thought it may useful to check with GR-ians. Things such as availability of games, quality of facilities, quality of course/s, etc.

Maybe you call up the club for some kind of tour around the place to check out the facilities? But here is some snap shot.  http://www.tmcc.org.sg/sports/recreation-facilities/#
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tanah Merah or Seletar membership?   Tanah Merah or Seletar membership? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1