Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday...

Go down 
+4
slinger
Technospaz
eiji
S70B
8 posters
AuthorMessage
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... Empty
PostSubject: 1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday...   1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 1:12 pm

...and I went to have a look.

I posted some time back about PGA Superstores in this thread altho it was OT with the OP Embarassed :

http://www.golfrepublic.org/ask-the-pro-f17/us-masters-2010-invitation-t705-15.htm?highlight=masters

Anyway, Florida finally got its 1st one and we decided to go have a look. Its a 2 1/2hr drive away but I was bored so didn't mind the drive.

The outside was pretty much smaller than the ones in Georgia:

1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... PGA1

However, the interior layout was very similar. The usual stuff of golf clubs and equipment were available.

Got TSL to go try the SC Kombi for fun:

1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... PGA2

For ladies, US is really the place to shop for golfing clothes and accessories like visors, caps and hats. Note the golf shoes section in the background:

1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... PGA4

1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... PGA5

Among all the quirky training aids to try out, this one stood out for me. Its called 'The Little One' by PSP Golf:
1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... PGA9

The shaft and grip were like a golf club. The difference is that the clubhead was half the size of a normal iron. This is to train u to really hit that sweetspot Laughing :

1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... PGA6

Comparing headsize with a sleeve of Pro V1s:

1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... PGA7

I gave it a few hits and its really pretty good! Hits just the same as a normal golf club and it will force u to concentrate on your shot at hand. Totally Anti-GI iron lol!

They have a tennis section just like the ones in Georgia too but without a full size tennis court like them:

1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... PGA3

We bought some stuff. Here is the checkout counter. Pretty busy cos its the weekend just before X'mas!

1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... PGA8

And lastly, here's a candid shot of the indoor practice and try out bunker. I was testing out the Cleveland CG15 just for fun and TSL managed to capture this moment:

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: 1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday...   1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 1:19 pm

what are your thoughts about the CG15? shopping around for a 60*, and really interested between the CF15, Nike VRs and Titleist SM
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: 1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday...   1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 1:25 pm

Not too bad. Tried one with a DSG sole and another with a std grind. Also fooled ard with a 64* version. The DSG one came as a flamed version.

I haven't really been following Cleveland products so I'm not sure if this is the only option available.

Spin wise, its pretty nifty. I hit some short spinner chips ard the same green and it checks up pretty nicely. Played some mini-flops with the 64* and that thing really floats the ball high and soft.

Headshape wise, nice. Not overwhelming or designed with huge offsets. I think its quite value-for-money kind of wedge.

I'm still sticking to my Vokeys when they come back from their re-finish. Consistency-wise, I think they are the best.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: 1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday...   1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 1:31 pm

thanks S70B.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: 1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday...   1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 5:46 pm

Awesome, S70B!! How much were the CG15s going for?
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: 1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday...   1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 7:29 pm

priceless, consider that s70B just hole out with that bunker shot......
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: 1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday...   1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 8:08 pm

Guys, you all are missing the point.

S70B holed out with that wedge! WOW!!!!!

Go get it once it comes to Singapore!
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: 1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday...   1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 9:04 pm

You mean that its not in Sg yet? I tot its been ard since there was talk abt it in the forum.

Apologies as I mentioned dun really follow Cleveland products much.

Wedge prices in US are pretty standard. Current models will range between USD$99-119.99. Cheap for some brands and pricier for others.

Plus point of buying them here for eg Vokeys is that you can order it to ur specs with a DG choice of shaft at no extra cost.
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: 1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday...   1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 9:15 pm

S70B: No I haven't seen it in the shops yet.

Agree on that point of customized specs. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

PostSubject: Re: 1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday...   1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 10:16 pm

S70B wrote:
Its a 2 1/2hr drive away

Fuyoh!! U damn hardcore, man. If I hear a 2.5 hr drive, I'll Sleep

Hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: 1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday...   1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 7:51 am

S70B wrote:
You mean that its not in Sg yet? I tot its been ard since there was talk abt it in the forum.

Wedge prices in US are pretty standard. Current models will range between USD$99-119.99. Cheap for some brands and pricier for others.

Plus point of buying them here for eg Vokeys is that you can order it to ur specs with a DG choice of shaft at no extra cost.

Nope. I've been asking PW each time I visit their shop (which is pretty often). Not in yet and no word as to when that'll happen. Thanks for the price update Smile
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: 1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday...   1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 12:40 pm

Ok Folks.

Passing by Atlanta today and visited their Superstore again.

Here are pictures of the CG15 for those interested.

They are available in 3 versions: Chrome, Black Satin and Oil Drench. Similar to Vokeys.

Retail price in the US is USD$119.99 excl tax.

Chrome
1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... CIMG3402

Black Satin
1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... CIMG3403

Oil Drench
1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... CIMG3405

Here's a pretty used Oil Drench version up close. Found it at the indoor chipping green.

1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... CIMG3392

1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... CIMG3393

1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... CIMG3395

I also found another Oil Drench version in a DSG sole.

1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... CIMG3396

Address position

1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... CIMG3398

And finally, I wasn't kidding about the indoor tennis court they have in the golf store:

1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... CIMG3399
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: 1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday...   1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 1:29 pm

Man, I so want to move to the US for golf.. erm, i mean work! Smile
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: 1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday...   1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 1:44 pm

Technospaz wrote:
S70B wrote:

Nope. I've been asking PW each time I visit their shop (which is pretty often). Not in yet and no word as to when that'll happen. Thanks for the price update Smile

Expect it in the first quarter of next year guys. My guess the earliest is late Jan, latest Mar. Last I heard, even they don't know when it will be in. No press release even prepared yet.

What Cleveland say about the CG15 wedges:
- Optimal Surface Roughness brand new to maximize spin
- Longer Face durability due to the maximization of depth (face roughness lasts longer)
- Prolonged spin maximization
- Noticeable feel improvement over CG12 from a new blend of steel (C229 Soft Steel)
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: 1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday...   1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 1:47 pm

The teardrop shape with the protruding leading edge is what keeps me away from the CG wedges. They are already available off eBay and in a matter of months, I'm going to guess that there is going to be some lelong pricing on eBay.

In the meantime, enjoy: http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=CG15+wedge&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Some shop even has it on Buy It Now for USD88.82 + USD15 for shipping

My personal preference is still with the Miura black wedges, followed by the TM Z-TP and the TM Y-cutters. The new rule on grooves doesn't affect mortals like me till 2014, so no point chasing for wedges for the time being Smile
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: 1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday...   1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 1:52 pm

Well, they do have some cons to me. Thats why I love Vokeys.

I wud have posted some pics of refinished TVDs but the damn USPS screwed up my parcel and I wun have access to it till the new year when I get back.

Oh well, till the next year then.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: 1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday...   1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 1:58 pm

Hey, how much does it cost to refinish heads? I'm seriously considering getting my CG1 heads refinished, maybe in TVD or black oxide/pearl.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: 1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday...   1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Last I saw in the PGA superstore, they do it for USD $40-50 per head.

I redid my Scotty with Black Oxide Services. They might cut u a deal if u did a set but I haven't checked if they did irons.

Shoot them an email but the chances of reply is 50/50 with BOS. Better to call.

U can also actually DIY. Just strip the finish with naval jelly and get some gunblue to dip them in. I know the Rage did a pretty neat job with his Ikasu wedges.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: 1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday...   1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 2:15 pm

Rust remover and gunblue. Good idea! Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday...   1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st PGA Superstore in Florida opened in Naples Last Thursday...
Page 1 of 1