Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shaft related

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mleo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Shaft related Empty
PostSubject: Shaft related   Shaft related I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 11:22 am

Hi I'm currently using KBS C-Taper 95 with Cobra AMP Cell Pro Irons, where I recently found I lost distance. 

Some say lack of practice, some say too stiff shaft, though suggested to fitting again with proper shaft. 

Looking at N.S.Pro 850GH Stiff * 950GH Stiff any thought or experience to share?
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

Shaft related Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft related   Shaft related I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 12:12 pm

Previously im using NSPro950 R Flex. It seems easier to use however now my irons fitted with KBS C-Taper Tour 95 and my distance increase about 10-15m. Maybe the "steps" on NS Pro helps on easy play.
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Shaft related Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft related   Shaft related I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 12:57 pm

mleo wrote:
Hi I'm currently using KBS C-Taper 95 with Cobra AMP Cell Pro Irons, where I recently found I lost distance. 

Some say lack of practice, some say too stiff shaft, though suggested to fitting again with proper shaft. 

Looking at N.S.Pro 850GH Stiff * 950GH Stiff any thought or experience to share?

hi can you describe your ball flight with the 2 different shafts?
Back to top Go down
goh.YF.52
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
goh.YF.52

Shaft related Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft related   Shaft related I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 10:33 pm

For me, I tried S300 on MP64 and  NSP950G Stiff on S3 pro. Both 6-iron are bladed cavity-back irons. The difference in shafts are most felt in mishits. Mishits on the MP64 with S300 tends to have more sidespin making a bigger dispersion pattern but mishits on the s3pro with NSP950 Stiff is more forgiving, giving me a tighter dispersion pattern. The dispersion pattern is not only left-right misses, it includes the distance drop on mishits. It seems to defy the common thinking of heavier and stiffer shafts tighten your dispersion.

I suggest tried shafts of different specs. NSP950 or 850 seems similar to C-Taper 95, in tends of weight while kickpoint and tip stiffness may be different. The S300 and NSP950 I tried is 40g apart and S300 has a higher kickpoint and stiffer tip.
P.S. My 6 Iron carry about 160m
Back to top Go down
mleo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Shaft related Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft related   Shaft related I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 12:22 am

So far checked no misses hit and direction all under control, just missing distance. 
Thanks for some idea which I need to test out more to find missing, the new thing to me from "goh" is dispersion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shaft related Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaft related   Shaft related I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shaft related
Page 1 of 1