Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recommend a set for beginner lady

Go down 
+3
Nam Flog
Alvin.Wee
htngwilliam
7 posters
AuthorMessage
htngwilliam
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Recommend a set for beginner lady Empty
PostSubject: Recommend a set for beginner lady   Recommend a set for beginner lady I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 7:59 pm

Hi Everyone

I would like to get a beginner set for my wife. I wonder whether it is better to buy the full set or 2nd hand set? There are a lot of full sets from Mizuno selling at $850. However, some of my friends advise getting Iron, Wood, Putter separately.

Please share your views
Back to top Go down
Alvin.Wee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommend a set for beginner lady   Recommend a set for beginner lady I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 11:35 pm

Hello there,

I think beginners usually start off with irons first then progressing to woods as their swing becomes more consistent. So it may be better to get a basic iron set and start off. When the ball starts to launch, woods will be the next milestone. Just avoiding the investment in a full set without knowing if the interest will take on.

Pertaining to whether a new set or 2nd hand, if you manage to find a decent 2nd hand at a reasonable price, why not?
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommend a set for beginner lady   Recommend a set for beginner lady I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 7:28 am

Hi,

I recommend getting the full set for your wife to learn. No need to get them separately. You can keep costs low by buying very entry level sets like Slazenger from GD ($200) or used from other forum members.

The ladies will probably stay more interested in the game if they get to hit their woods. Their irons are very short and they may lose steam very fast if they don't see something motivating.

Sharing from my experience.
Back to top Go down
htngwilliam
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommend a set for beginner lady   Recommend a set for beginner lady I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 1:09 pm

I am told a lot of ladies drop out 1/2 way.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Recommend a set for beginner lady   Recommend a set for beginner lady I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 3:46 pm

No Need to buy full set yet. Get a coach to get the basics right first. Then can buy whatever is needed.
Back to top Go down
htngwilliam
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommend a set for beginner lady   Recommend a set for beginner lady I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 7:19 pm

Already learning from coach. Of coach mostly coach will recommend customize. Haha
Back to top Go down
Golf noob
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Golf noob

PostSubject: Re: Recommend a set for beginner lady   Recommend a set for beginner lady I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 8:28 pm

htngwilliam wrote:
I am told a lot of ladies drop out 1/2 way.
Drop after their first visit to the course (green) if not will go find SPF100+ sunblock ... Cool
Back to top Go down
htngwilliam
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommend a set for beginner lady   Recommend a set for beginner lady I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 8:37 pm

Haha! That is quite normal
Back to top Go down
PoNkY
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
PoNkY

PostSubject: Re: Recommend a set for beginner lady   Recommend a set for beginner lady I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 2:56 am

There are 2 set of Beginner golf set for lady which i know from Golf House, Wilson Ultra for ladies and Wilson Hope for ladies. They said Hope series is more to beginner and Ultra is Beginner to intermediate. The price for Hope is 399 and for ultra is 359.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Recommend a set for beginner lady   Recommend a set for beginner lady I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 10:35 am

htngwilliam wrote:
Already learning from coach. Of coach mostly coach will recommend customize. Haha

YES. After she gets a rather consistent swing go get customised.  BFG irons on Steel Fibre is very forgiving and nice to hit. My wife love them.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Recommend a set for beginner lady   Recommend a set for beginner lady I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 3:19 pm

Drop by Golf Simply @ 2nd level of FESC, the folks there will recommend you the appropriate set based on your budget, preference, future plans, and skill level. Price is highly negotiable if you could pay by cash ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommend a set for beginner lady   Recommend a set for beginner lady I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recommend a set for beginner lady
Page 1 of 1