Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club

Go down 
+6
Duval_S
asahi
skybobo
grwilliam
willytan
quinike
10 posters
AuthorMessage
quinike
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club Empty
PostSubject: Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club   Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 6:56 pm

Hi Folks!

Doing a survey to find out the interest level of golfers and how keen they would be to play at Changi Golf Club, and at what price? As you all know, its a pretty niche golf course being a 9 hole course which is played twice in a full round, albeit different tee boxes and/or different greens used on both 9s.

For example, would a flat fee of 60 dollars (inclusive of buggy & gst) be tempting enough for a weekday game? Or etc... ?

Thanks!
Quinike
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club   Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 7:15 pm

I believe if more care are given to make the course nicer, more people will definitely visit Changi Golf Club to play on the green.

The last time I visited was early this year with my wife, the fairway is still reasonable but the rough is scary; sure can't find your ball if it rolls into them.

If the price is set at $60 flat for 18holes, I find that it's pretty reasonable. Sure have a lot people go there to bask on the green.

Last edited by willytan on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
grwilliam
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club   Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 7:56 pm

Pricing the green fee at a flat $60 is reasonable as compared to their current promotion of $69.55 on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club   Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 8:25 pm

Good training ground. Cow grass fairway. Quite a bit of elevation. But frankly speaking, I would rather pay a bit more to play mbgc.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club   Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 9:12 pm

Decent course for practice; but to note it is cowgrass. Not everyone's cup of tea.

I like it as it is a tough training ground. The greens and greenside roughs are now good to play.

If it is at $60 a round, why not?

aside to willytan, you have PM.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club   Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 10:48 pm

for me, this is a great place. 60SGD for 18 hole is perfect. But I would think that its better for Changi to be known as a great golf locaton for a 9hole course.
What I do find that can be improved is the parking for cars ....I use to park at the rocky road near opp the club .... if can improved the drop bag, that will be great.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club   Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 11:07 pm

Btw, when will the revised rate start huh?

It will then be the "place" to go for your golf itch on any weekdays!!
Back to top Go down
quinike
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club   Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 12:02 am

thanks for the feedback peeps! we are working on something attractive ... its not something permanent but GR will be the first place to know when a promo is launched (soon!).
Back to top Go down
jwing
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
jwing

PostSubject: Re: Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club   Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 1:11 am

This price will definitely attract many first timer to the club which is a good thing....
Back to top Go down
quinike
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club   Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 9:38 am

well hopefully price isnt the only "lure" to play at changi. its also naturally a challenging course (due to the undulations etc like Keppel) and requires the better players so suck it up and not be too aggresive at times.

will let u guys know soon!
Back to top Go down
rapidmax
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club   Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 4:14 pm

Will there be something for those who can only play on weekends too? Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
quinike
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club   Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 5:32 pm

not likely! weekends are pretty packed at the moment, and the club usually organises monthly medals etc...
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy
DKing

PostSubject: Re: Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club   Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 3:10 am

Changi is a good training ground. 
Maintenance is pretty decent. Only thing is, the workers tend to carry on working on the green while you are teeing off, on a par 3.

I like the place.
The course holds more challenges than it seems. Par 3s are long. And holes require course management.

I am up for a game if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club   Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 9:15 am

From Changi Golf Club website.

Golf Promotions

Mondays
12 noon - 2:30 pm
Tuesdays
Wednesdays

7:30 am - 2:30 pm
18 holes $65
(with GST $69.55)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club   Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question/Survey of Changi Golf Club
Page 1 of 1