Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

14 club rule

Go down 
+9
mengteck71
volts
iron eagle
Yz426
TaylorMadeKL
hurray
bomby
enwee
bigsplash
13 posters
AuthorMessage
bigsplash
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

14 club rule Empty
PostSubject: 14 club rule   14 club rule I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 11:56 pm

hello everyone

i would like to clarify the 14club rule

understand that we are allowed 14clubs but is there a limit to 14 of what clubs?

can i potentially bring 14 drivers if it works for me?

now im planning my golf gear to bring overseas and a major concern for me would be the putter to bring

as it is, i am planning to bring a blade and mallet putter for the game as im unsure of the green condition

the rest more less quite straight forward

driver, 3w, 3h, 5w, 6,7,8,9,p,52,56, 60 and 2 putters
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

14 club rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 14 club rule   14 club rule I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 12:02 am

U can bring whatever u want as long as it's works for u. Phil mickelson's was one of those who is special when it come to this rules. Years ago he brought 2 drivers to the master and he won. Last year he brought 5 wedges and no driver to the open and u get it, he won again.
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

14 club rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 14 club rule   14 club rule I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 9:07 am

My understanding of the rule is it does not matter what clubs. As long as max is 14.
Back to top Go down
hurray
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

14 club rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 14 club rule   14 club rule I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 9:43 am

Tis rule only applies to tournaments right? For leisure games, do they check your clubs?
Back to top Go down
TaylorMadeKL
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TaylorMadeKL

14 club rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 14 club rule   14 club rule I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 10:07 am

Leisure golfers not bound by this rule... Nobody checks ur bags unless u are playing in a tournament... But never really had to worry abt this rule as I usually carry max 12 clubs...
Back to top Go down
Yz426
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

14 club rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 14 club rule   14 club rule I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 12:25 pm

If it is for leisure....I suppose if you wish to carry more clubs... then i think no one would object to that... Beer
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

14 club rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 14 club rule   14 club rule I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 12:43 pm

hurray wrote:
Tis rule only applies to tournaments right?  For leisure games, do they check your clubs?

Leisure golfers bring 14 clubs plus one ball picker 15!!
nothing wrong!
Back to top Go down
volts
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

14 club rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 14 club rule   14 club rule I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 2:20 pm

as long as your playing partners don't mind, i don't think anybody else minds ..  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TaylorMadeKL
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TaylorMadeKL

14 club rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 14 club rule   14 club rule I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 6:27 pm

My my playing partner can play MBGC with one club! Drive, chip and putt with his hybrid!
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

14 club rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 14 club rule   14 club rule I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 2:33 pm

TaylorMadeKL wrote:
Leisure golfers not bound by this rule... Nobody checks ur bags unless u are playing in a tournament... But never really had to worry abt this rule as I usually carry max 12 clubs...

What if during leisure game and you have Hole in One but u have 15 or 16 clubs?
Back to top Go down
TaylorMadeKL
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TaylorMadeKL

14 club rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 14 club rule   14 club rule I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 2:36 pm

Quickly pass the pass the extra club to a buddy??? Nor really thought of that...
Back to top Go down
Mep
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Mep

14 club rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 14 club rule   14 club rule I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 2:48 pm

Nobody checks your golf bag when u report a hole in one.
Back to top Go down
golferx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golferx

14 club rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 14 club rule   14 club rule I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 11:01 am

No one will check your bag even in the event tournament in SG. Unless you are participate into National tournament, PGA tournament, then your 14 clubs rules will be applied.

Nevertheless, bring two putters into green is not really normal. You should master one putter no matter of the green condition.
Back to top Go down
Tigercrab
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Tigercrab

14 club rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 14 club rule   14 club rule I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 11:45 am

" As top golfer Phil Mickleson so eloquently put it: “The object of golf is not just to win. It is to play like a Gentleman, and win.” "
http://codeofthegentleman.com/etiquette-of-golf-a-gentlemans-game/
Back to top Go down
Tigercrab
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Tigercrab

14 club rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 14 club rule   14 club rule I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 11:55 am

Bigsplash,

yes any 14 clubs are allowed.

4-4. Maximum of Fourteen Clubs
• a. Selection and Addition of Clubs
The player must not start a stipulated round with more than fourteen clubs. He is limited to the clubs thus selected for that round, except that if he started with fewer than fourteen clubs, he may add any number, provided his total number does not exceed fourteen.
The addition of a club or clubs must not unduly delay play (Rule 6-7) and the player must not add or borrow any club selected for play by any other person playing on the course or by assembling components carried by or for the player during the stipulated round.
• b. Partners May Share Clubs
Partners may share clubs, provided that the total number of clubs carried by the partners so sharing does not exceed fourteen.

PENALTY FOR BREACH OF RULE 4-4a or b, REGARDLESS OF NUMBER OF EXCESS CLUBS CARRIED:
Match play – At the conclusion of the hole at which the breach is discovered, the state of the match is adjusted by deducting one hole for each hole at which a breach occurred; maximum deduction per round – Two holes.

Stroke play – Two strokes for each hole at which any breach occurred; maximum penalty per round – Four strokes (two strokes at each of the first two holes at which any breach occurred).
Match play or stroke play – If a breach is discovered between the play of two holes, it is deemed to have been discovered during play of the hole just completed, and the penalty for a breach of Rule 4-4a or b does not apply to the next hole.
Bogey and par competitions – See Note 1 to Rule 32-1a.
Stableford competitions – See Note 1 to Rule 32-1b.

• c. Excess Club Declared Out of Play
Any club or clubs carried or used in breach of Rule 4-3a(iii) or Rule 4-4 must be declared out of play by the player to his opponent in match play or his marker or a fellow-competitor in stroke play immediately upon discovery that a breach has occurred. The player must not use the club or clubs for the remainder of the stipulated round.

PENALTY FOR BREACH OF RULE 4-4c:
Disqualification.
Back to top Go down
bigsplash
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

14 club rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 14 club rule   14 club rule I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:39 am

Tigercrab wrote:
Bigsplash,

yes any 14 clubs are allowed.

4-4. Maximum of Fourteen Clubs
• a. Selection and Addition of Clubs
The player must not start a stipulated round with more than fourteen clubs. He is limited to the clubs thus selected for that round, except that if he started with fewer than fourteen clubs, he may add any number, provided his total number does not exceed fourteen.
The addition of a club or clubs must not unduly delay play (Rule 6-7) and the player must not add or borrow any club selected for play by any other person playing on the course or by assembling components carried by or for the player during the stipulated round.
• b. Partners May Share Clubs
Partners may share clubs, provided that the total number of clubs carried by the partners so sharing does not exceed fourteen.

PENALTY FOR BREACH OF RULE 4-4a or b, REGARDLESS OF NUMBER OF EXCESS CLUBS CARRIED:
Match play – At the conclusion of the hole at which the breach is discovered, the state of the match is adjusted by deducting one hole for each hole at which a breach occurred; maximum deduction per round – Two holes.

Stroke play – Two strokes for each hole at which any breach occurred; maximum penalty per round – Four strokes (two strokes at each of the first two holes at which any breach occurred).
Match play or stroke play – If a breach is discovered between the play of two holes, it is deemed to have been discovered during play of the hole just completed, and the penalty for a breach of Rule 4-4a or b does not apply to the next hole.
Bogey and par competitions – See Note 1 to Rule 32-1a.
Stableford competitions – See Note 1 to Rule 32-1b.

• c. Excess Club Declared Out of Play
Any club or clubs carried or used in breach of Rule 4-3a(iii) or Rule 4-4 must be declared out of play by the player to his opponent in match play or his marker or a fellow-competitor in stroke play immediately upon discovery that a breach has occurred. The player must not use the club or clubs for the remainder of the stipulated round.

PENALTY FOR BREACH OF RULE 4-4c:
Disqualification.

sweeet!!!

Thanks alot for the clarification

it really depends on the playing partner on how closely to follow the rules
i find jap players usually follow them to the T
so better check first or else its gg to be alot of $$$

cheers everyone~
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

14 club rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 14 club rule   14 club rule I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:48 pm

Best to stick to the rules and not exceed 14 clubs even in social play, particularly when betting is involved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

14 club rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 14 club rule   14 club rule I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

14 club rule
Page 1 of 1