Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbie here

Go down 
+5
BryanSiow
paul@golf
golferx
nrafee
Momo333
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Momo333
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Momo333

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 8:32 am

Hi I am new in GR. Coming back to golf after more than 10 years break. Now practising swings at driving range and hoping to do the PC test in Dec. In the past, I had coaches help me with my swings. Can u tell me what will be tested for PC and where should I take it? Do I need to sign up package lessons all over again in order to take PC test? Thanks for all advice. Have a good week.

Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 11:39 am

hi Momo333, Welcome to GR.

There was a question whether one should take PC or gt a handicap straight.. see if it helps you make a decision.

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t24780-which-should-i-get-pc-or-handicap?highlight=handicap

But if you have decided to take PC, i recommend getting lesson first.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
golferx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golferx

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 9:46 am

It's advicable to take H/C straight away as it is more reasonable for long term, esp playing in SG.
Good luck !
Back to top Go down
Momo333
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Momo333

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 1:46 pm

Hi Nrafee and Golferx, thanks for the advice.  Now I am deciding between AAS Golf Network or Mygolfkaki (member of both AAS and NTUC union).  Thinking of taking package lessons with PC test.  I am serious about doing it properly and well.  I am able to swing properly (learnt before) and airborne the balls.  Will practise with different irons and woods and see how it goes.  All encouragement appreciated for my golf journey!!!
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 3:08 pm

Welcome too  cheers
Back to top Go down
BryanSiow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 9:36 pm

Make sure u surround urself w fun, crazy golf kakis:)
Back to top Go down
Momo333
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Momo333

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 9:42 pm

Hi Paul, thanks for the welcome.

Hi Bryan, okie once I am ready, I will start to jio ppl golf with me Razz  hope the zen masters won't run away from this level 1 newbie heh Smile
Back to top Go down
Momo333
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Momo333

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 1:38 pm

Anybody got a  used cheap and good golf bag and a used beginner ladies putter to sell me?  Thanks.
Back to top Go down
jackaltan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 5:48 pm

if u're finding someone to go range with u can lemme noe ^^
Back to top Go down
Momo333
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Momo333

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 11:30 am

Hi Jackaltan, okie thanks!  Where do you normally go?

I am thinking of going to Champions (Eng Neo) driving range this afternoon after some work.  Playing by ear....
Back to top Go down
markdylan
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
markdylan

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 4:48 am

Hey Momo.. Welcome to Gr..enjoy ur time in the greens..dun think too much..just enjoy the game...process is primary..result is secondary..
Back to top Go down
Momo333
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Momo333

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 4:55 am

Hey markdylan, you're still awake? I came home from the airport not too long ago and just now eating a sandwich cos I'm hungry. No, I don't think too much anymore, I just whack the ball!
Back to top Go down
Momo333
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Momo333

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 5:03 am

So blur... I just saw your location "statue of liberty".... NYC..... Ok that explains why u r still up
Back to top Go down
markdylan
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
markdylan

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 10:35 am

Haha..its ok..was watching Netherlands vs coastal rica..too bad CR lost the game..
Back to top Go down
nremda
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
nremda

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 10:44 am

Momo333 wrote:
Hi Paul, thanks for the welcome.

Hi Bryan, okie once I am ready, I will start to jio ppl golf with me Razz  hope the zen masters won't run away from this level 1 newbie heh Smile

Momo, 

I dun think one can ever be ready to play with the zen masters here... I giving myself another few more lessons before I feel I'm competent enough to not make too big a fool of myself =) 

Where do you range? If schedule permits can range together... (not that I'm much good myself =p)
Back to top Go down
Momo333
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Momo333

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi Nremda, someday you and me will get there, have faith! 

Lately, I've been going to Champions to use the driving range as I like the laid back atmosphere and it's the nearest one from my place. 

Where do you range?
Back to top Go down
jackaltan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 1:36 pm

hi momo! i usually go to NSRCC and OCC.. but occasionally will also go to punggol and MBGC.. champions? nvr been there before.. but dun mind trying some day.. haha
Back to top Go down
Momo333
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Momo333

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 1:51 pm

Okie maybe someday I'll go to mbgc but occ seems like v v far to me. But never say never!
Back to top Go down
jackaltan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 2:31 pm

Cheers Jump  let's work hard tgt!!
Back to top Go down
nremda
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
nremda

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 pm

Momo333 wrote:

Lately, I've been going to Champions to use the driving range as I like the laid back atmosphere and it's the nearest one from my place. 

Where do you range?
I'm normally at Bukit Batok... but prefer Champions golf for the free parking... =P Net cost is still cheaper than Bukit Batok cause of the $3 dollars parking on the weekends.

Its laid back... but find the balls are getting a bit old...
Back to top Go down
Momo333
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Momo333

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:27 pm

Yes champions balls are looking quite worn out.  The other day the balls dispensing machine "eat" my 15 balls..... I pressed 30 and only 15 came out.  I told the pro shop guy and he went to check the machine and he gave me more than 15 balls as goodwill.  Some of the range golfers can be quite friendly and they will say hello.  After 8 pm, driving out of champions gets pretty scary as it is very dark and there are few street lamps.  Other than the spooky road out, it is quite a new place to hang out as it is surrounded by nature.  

I will try other golf ranges for night ranging.
Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
snagy23

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:12 am

nremda wrote:
Momo333 wrote:

Where do you range?
I'm normally at Bukit Batok... but prefer Champions golf for the free parking... =P Net cost is still cheaper than Bukit Batok cause of the $3 dollars parking on the weekends.

you can redeem your parking at Cdan, take out your cash card and you can see an office beside the golf ball machines. no need pay 3 dollars la.
Back to top Go down
nremda
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
nremda

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:37 am

snagy23 wrote:
nremda wrote:
Momo333 wrote:

Where do you range?

you can redeem your parking at Cdan, take out your cash card and you can see an office beside the golf ball machines. no need pay 3 dollars la.
Hmmm... Did that previously but was still made to pay at the exit...  Will test out the system again when I am there. Thanks for the tip!
Back to top Go down
jackaltan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 11:34 am

Is champions the one that can hit it off real grass?
Back to top Go down
Momo333
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Momo333

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi jackaltan, the one you are referring to is All Star Golf Range at Turf City.  They have promo for ladies.

http://www.allstargolf.com.sg/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here   Newbie here I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie here
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next