Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD

Go down 
+4
pocketace
Turbo
kissthegreen
18underPar
8 posters
AuthorMessage
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD Empty
PostSubject: Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD   Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 3:16 am

Saw this great video today of Luke Donald by Mizuno Golf ahead of the BMW PGA Championship on the European Tour. Luke talks about his swing changes, the reason for it, his new coach, what he's been working on, his practice schedule and more!

Very nice video and cool to get an insight into what it's like to be on Tour.

http://www.eighteenunderpar.com/blog/2014/05/22/mizuno-masterclass-luke-donald/

Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD   Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 1:24 pm

It is reeeally interesting to note that in his bag, Mr Donald is using a TM R1 driver, as opposed to a Mizuno one.. I guess its not uncommon for a brand-sponsored staff player to use other brands of wedges and balls, but I would think that a driver is really a brand ambassodor... 
Just felt strange to see him literally pulling out a white TM R1 driver out of his Mizuno driver headcover.. Just does not seems right for the brand image and reputation...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD   Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 1:40 pm

Mizuno is only famous for its irons and wedges ...  Smile Razz

Stacy Lewis is also using a set of Mizuno irons and TM driver ...
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD   Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 1:59 pm

I watched the BMW open last night.. Just a pity that Luke's adventurous shot did not make it to the 18th green.. or else, it will be nice to see him tee off with rory.. And yes, luke's driving was terrible in the last round...
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD   Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 4:46 pm

It depends on the endorsement deal he signed with Mizuno

He may have some leeway on what woods he play as long as he put those woods under Mizuno wood covers

Btw in addition to irons and wedges, Mizuno has full compliment of equipment from driver, fw, putter, ball, apparel and shoes

But looks like Luke Donald's bag does not entail 100% mizunos

Other exceptions
Martin Kaymer a TMag staff uses Ping putter
Dustin Johnson, another TMag staff uses Scotty putter
The list goes on...
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD   Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 6:03 pm

A couple of pro players do not just have 1 single sponsor for equipment.

E.g driver and wood by callaway, irons by mizuno, wedge by fourteen and putter by taylormade
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD   Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 6:52 pm

Luke Donald had always been the player I respect.. With only a drive of 250m, which is not very far from some players here, he could achieve so much n be world #1 is a great feat....
Back to top Go down
chuangyee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD   Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 8:55 pm

kissthegreen wrote:
I watched the BMW open last night.. Just a pity that Luke's adventurous shot did not make it to the 18th green.. or else, it will be nice to see him tee off with rory.. And yes, luke's driving was terrible in the last round...
Haha. Ya. His driving is like mine! Left and right no center. Keep shouting fore left. I think he could have affected Thomas Bjorn so Rory can win.
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD   Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 1:03 am

totally agree, wish he had hit the green on 18, but he's had some very strong showings the past couple of tournaments, so the swing changes are definitely coming together.

only a matter of time before he joins the winner's circle again, hopefully at a major Smile

i thought he had switched over to the SLDR driver this year? didn't know he was still using an R1.. i know that he's been testing out a new driver for mizuno though (thought it was in play for him, but guess not!) - the Mizuno JPX 850 driver:

Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD BnJE-c5CUAEb80F

Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD BnJE-dxCUAAPD5W
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
timlim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD   Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 9:05 am

Thanks for sharing!

He seems a really likeable fella and very candid as well in his the interview about his game and what he's doing to improve... a refreshing change from the usual brand endorsement / commercial break!
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD   Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 11:38 am

asahi wrote:

E.g driver and wood by callaway, irons by mizuno, wedge by fourteen and putter by taylormade

Agreed. Its just the 'superficial' aspects which I find it personally amusing. Hiding a TM driver under a Mizuno headcover. I am not sure if TM formally sponsors Luke's woods, or else I am quite sure TM would certainly need some convincing to allow that to happen. Probably for Luke's case, it was a personal choice with an exception clause in his contract.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD   Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 7:47 pm

kissthegreen wrote:
asahi wrote:

Agreed. Its just the 'superficial' aspects which I find it personally amusing. Hiding a TM driver under a Mizuno headcover. I am not sure if TM formally sponsors Luke's woods, or else I am quite sure TM would certainly need some convincing to allow that to happen. Probably for Luke's case, it was a personal choice with an exception clause in his contract.

TM prolly let him use FOC without any endorsement fee involved ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD   Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mizuno Masterclass 2014: LUKE DONALD
Page 1 of 1