Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Perspectives

Go down 
AuthorMessage
punkrockpga
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

Perspectives Empty
PostSubject: Perspectives   Perspectives I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 12:55 pm

During a recent lesson I was able to help my student improve his driver shots significantly.  He went from hitting it high off of a wide open club face, sky high push slices, to sweet spot square club face bullets in a really short period of time.  My perspective was, "what a huge improvement in such a short period of time.  Exciting!"  

I was excited for him because I know how difficult it can be to hit the driver well and I was very curious when I saw that he really didn't seem to share my sense of excitement.  When I asked him how he was feeling about the change he gave a very simple unsatisfied answer.  "It could still be better." I found it interesting that we could have such different perspectives on the same shot, and it got me thinking about just how powerful perspectives can be for golfers.

If you always compare your shots on the driving range to the perfect shot, you are going to find yourself disappointed most of the time.  Golf just isn't much fun when you're constantly feeling disappointed and it's really difficult to build any confidence.  

Instead, compare the shots you hit in practice to your very worst shot, or ask yourself "if I was playing on the course would that be ok?"  It will give you a perspective that will likely make you feel good, be more fun and build confidence.  
Back to top Go down
http://www.bradfordprogolf.com

Perspectives
Page 1 of 1