Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A retirement plan......

Go down 
+4
vinjess
Gofnut
wolverine
Acemangill
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Acemangill
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

A retirement plan...... Empty
PostSubject: A retirement plan......   A retirement plan...... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 12:59 pm

Hi, we're a husband and wife golfing couple - mid 40s....we were just chatting...and talking about (i) getting a place in JB. as in buy a property - go over on weekends - stay over and play a round or two of golf and return back to Singapore where we would like to stay and live most of the time...

Or....

(ii) Get a membership to a club in JB not too far away and easier from Woodlands link. Club should be well maintained and managed and has its own resort, ie apartments or villas that they rent out, which we can stay when we're there as and when. Another plus would be if it allows 2 balls on weekends. We're ok with afternoon games.

Whats your take on this? And if its (ii) which clubs would you recommend. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
wolverine

PostSubject: Re: A retirement plan......   A retirement plan...... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 1:25 pm

Horizon Hill comes with a Golf Club membership, you may wish to check it out
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A retirement plan......   A retirement plan...... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 2:19 pm

I would discourage buying a property just for weekend occupation because:-
1. Security issue - Vacant place is very tempting;
2. Cleaning - Somehow, vacant property attracts more dusts, bird's nest (not the eating kind!) and dropppings. You end up doing house cleaning instead of golfing. Remember you are not going to be there EVERY weekend

Better option is to get membership with a club that can provide accommodation. Ponderosa and Tanjung Putri comes to mind. Both are not too far from Causeway. Why not give them a call?

Two balls on week-ends, particularly saturdays and sunday AM may be a challenge though.
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

PostSubject: Re: A retirement plan......   A retirement plan...... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 2:23 pm

You can try looking at Palm Resort also.
Back to top Go down
Acemangill
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A retirement plan......   A retirement plan...... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 9:55 am

Hi thanks for the response...yes indeed - getting a JB membership is something definitely more feasible.

Therefore the horizon hills suggestion may not be feasible.

So, its down to these 3, then to do more research and possibly visit and play a game there...
(i) Ponderosa
(ii) Tanjung Putri
(iii) Palm Resort

anymore to add to my shortlist?

cheers
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: A retirement plan......   A retirement plan...... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 12:55 pm

Hi bro, Palm Resort mbership on promo now as few kakis bought too, cost ard S$3k wi monthly S$70+ only. If pay by MBank card, got RM$500 rebate too. Only consideration, may be difficult for offloading in future.
Back to top Go down
jmchan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A retirement plan......   A retirement plan...... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 1:53 pm

Anyone knows of a JB golf club that have golf bag lockers/storage for their members?

Many HK golfers have membership in southern China where the club stores their golf bags for them. Consequently, they can just carry a backpack with clothes to and from golf course. Makes it so much more convenient.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: A retirement plan......   A retirement plan...... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 5:07 pm

I think most clubs have storage for members. Even lousy Poresia , of which the store really smell because of no ventilation. It gets worse when it rain and the bags get wet. And store at own risk.  Very Happy

Last edited by TDO on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A retirement plan......   A retirement plan...... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 5:52 pm

If I have to bet which golf course will last the longest , it will be Royal Johor.

I am not sure about staying as security is very subjective. I for one, feels JB is pretty safe..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A retirement plan......   A retirement plan...... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A retirement plan......
Page 1 of 1