Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :)

Go down 
+3
kleinphua
18underPar
kissthegreen
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :) Empty
PostSubject: Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :)   Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 11:49 pm

Saw them in the shop and pretty-looking irons!
Great reviews from internet, but would like to hear from someone who is using playing them. Anyone care to share their views? Cheers.
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :)   Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 3:29 am

i am not using them, but those are some pretty sweet irons. i usually have a medium ball flight but the speed pocket is the real deal, i've never seen my ball launch so high before. from our testing, the speedblades are higher, a little longer and will land a little softer than the rocketbladez. they are pretty decent irons, love the finish on them.

my only complaint is still the sound of the club at impact, much like the previous rocketbladez. it's an improvement from last year, but we still don't really like the "cracking" sound at impact. give them a hit though, they are nice clubs

http://www.eighteenunderpar.com/taylormade-speedblade-irons/

if you're looking more new irons, try looking at their Tour Preferred line of clubs, the CB's, MC's or even a combo set of the two would be great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :)   Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 9:23 am

Hey thanks for the post, 18underpar.. Not sure I can handle tour preferred clubs yet. I am still hitting in my mid to high nineties.. But I will probably try out the speedblades at a local pro shop... Currently still using mx 19s.. Trusty but will like a change.. Cheers
Back to top Go down
kleinphua
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :)   Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 9:39 am

I think you might need to pay attention to the shaft as well. Although the heads might be the same, the shaft makes quite a big diff on the feel as well. 

Normally if you buy those at various shops, your shaft options might be limited. So better try it.
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :)   Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:11 am

I m currently using graphite shafts and will like to switch back to steel shafts. Distance may suffer slightly but somehow I feel that the heavier shafts keep my swing path in check. Anyway, tHe speed blades come in stock KBS shafts and true temper shafts. Heard about the mizuno jpx 825 as well. Will check both out..
Back to top Go down
BryanSiow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :)   Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 8:02 pm

I'm using them now on the stock graphite shaft and i like it very much.
The launch is high and the ball stops fast. I have recently returned to golf and was previously ard 15hcp. It is much easier to use then my previous mx-23 pn ns pro shaft.
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :)   Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:51 pm

BryanSiow wrote:
I'm using them now on the stock graphite shaft and i like it very much.
The launch is high and the ball stops fast. I have recently returned to golf and was previously ard 15hcp. It is much easier to use then my previous mx-23 pn ns pro shaft.
Cool.. One satisfied speedblader! Quick question - why the switch to graphite shafts?
Back to top Go down
BryanSiow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :)   Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:40 am

:)getting older and also think that graphite tech these days are much better. U might want to consider in betweens like steelfiber
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :)   Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 12:06 pm

i think u can try Tour Preferred CB... looks similar
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :)   Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 2:16 pm

weesern wrote:
i think u can try Tour Preferred CB... looks similar

totally agree :)don't let the "tour preferred" name put you off! the CB's and MC's are great clubs and a lot more forgiving than you'd think Smile
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :)   Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 12:55 pm

we were just at the Vancouver Golf Show today and hit all the new TMAG irons (and more!)... just another thought on the Speedblades, they really are a lot louder than i remember from the first time we hit them!!

definitely give the Tour Preferred line of irons a try, they are very forgiving even though they dont look it :)and also give the new Callaway Apex Irons a test too, they feel great Smile
Back to top Go down
chip_munkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
chip_munkie

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :)   Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 1:05 pm

there was a taylormade event for the new shoes launch, Adizero One and I was trying out the speedblade iron and I was WOW!  Shocked 

The speedblade 7i distance was one club length gain from my mizzy (loft 30.5* on TM up from my mizzy at 32* and 0.25" longer shaft), the face is very springy n ball flight was high as well. Just that the sound of the face makes a loud crack, which I don't really fancy. But overall it's quite a big improvement I feel over the rocketbladez ones.
Back to top Go down
jetster
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :)   Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 1:16 pm

Nothing beats the sound/feel of Mizuno IMHO Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :)   Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 6:00 pm

Tried the speedblades in mbgc range And really like it. My distance suffered slightly (currently using graphite) but improved on my balls dispersion and spread. Bought the speedblades with the KBS shafts. Can't stand the look of the irons in wrappers and went straight to the range! Indeed the set is pretty forgiving though I thin it a few times.. And yea, The tungsten insert aka the cracking sound on impact take some time to get used to (but it didn't really put me off). Also changing back to steel shaft give me a more consistent swing rhythm. On the lighter side, after I paid for the irons, The pro shop guy can't help but to tease me about my old mizunos (mx 19).. "Bro, the mizunos are good but launch your ball too high la, lose distance and your swing too fast for graphite la.. Happy you change la.." We both had a good laugh and off I went to the range.. 

I was hoping that it came with a 4 iron but Asia does not offer 4 iron.. Perhaps hybrid is the replacement for long irons now.. Okie.. Would provide another update after my first game in a weeks time..
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :)   Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 6:05 pm

Planning to change my fairway woods as well.. . I am hesitating to change.. Love the aldila nv shaft combo with my old but trusty mp 001 series.. Deciding between Taylor made and callaway...
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :)   Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 1:26 pm

jetster wrote:
Nothing beats the sound/feel of Mizuno IMHO Very Happy

haha, can't argue with that!! loving this year's MP54 especially :)butterrr
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :)   Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 1:28 pm

kissthegreen wrote:
Planning to change my fairway woods as well.. . I am hesitating to change.. Love the aldila nv shaft combo with my old but trusty mp 001 series.. Deciding between Taylor made and callaway...

congrats on the Speedblade purchase!! glad to hear that you're enjoying them already, they are great clubs. show us some photos! Very Happy

in regards to the fairway woods, the SLDR woods are great. love the compact headshape and again, it's a lot more forgiving than it looks :)one of the team 18 members here got an X Hot 3 deep last year and it's a heck of a club.... definitely check out the x2 hot if you can!
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :)   Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 3:24 pm

I tried the x hot 2 five wood yesterday as well.. Pretty easy to hit and I pretty tempted.. Went on to try the x hot 2 driver (Asian specs stiff flex). Nice setup and good to hit as well, but for some reasons, I still lean towards classic pear shaped design and I seems to get the same distance as my current driver . It might be I am tentative on the test swings, or perhaps because the driver face was being taped up.. Have not tried the TM SDLR woods yet cos price is on the high side  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :)   Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 3:28 pm

And sure thing, 18underpar, I will post pics of my set in another active thread 'what's in the bag. "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :)   Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taylormade Speedblades.. Anyone using them? :)
Page 1 of 1