Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC

Go down 
+8
nomic76
pocketace
slyster
chien
s-killer
neutralgolfer
asahi
punkrockpga
12 posters
AuthorMessage
punkrockpga
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC Empty
PostSubject: Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC   Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 9:17 pm

You may or may not have heard about it already but the Monday Night Golf League at JCC is going to be a great thing for golf in Singapore.  

Here is the short and sweet version:

• Register a team of 8 golfers for the season long team competition (Think FedEx Cup for teams) 
  • Every week three best net scores from your team will count towards the season standings
  • Every week there will also be prizes for individuals who post the best net scores
  • Hole competitions such as long drives, closest to the pin, long putt, for great prizes every week
  • A bunch of other cool ideas and a really great time on the golf course every week

• 6:00 shotgun start every Monday night @ JCC
  • League Starts on Monday February 17th
  • $150 all in (green fee / buggy fee / lighting fee / prizes / beer and chicken wings after the round)
  • Sign up as a team of 8 if you have 8, 6 if you have 6, or if you don't have a team just sign up as an individual and we will find you a team

There are of course a lot more details and I will post the link below where you can find out more or you can PM or call me and I will get the answers to your questions or help you get your team signed up.

This league is the brain child of League Commissioner / Heartland Golf Schools coach / PGA of Canada Professional Mark Bates with the full support of JCC.  I have had some input in the planning of the league and will continue to be involved supporting Mark to help the league grow into something totally awesome for golf in Singapore.  As trained Golf Professionals we have a lot of experience in running these kinds of events and it's what we do well so I anticipate it being awesome.

Check this out for more info or get a hold of me.

http://www.heartlandgolfsg.com/MNGL.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.bradfordprogolf.com
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC   Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 11:24 pm

Nice stuff! 

Hope to hear more about the league progress in time to come....
Back to top Go down
punkrockpga
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC   Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 11:28 pm

What more do you want to hear?
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC   Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 11:41 am

How long is the league game? Until end of 2014? or ...?
Back to top Go down
s-killer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
s-killer

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC   Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 11:42 am

Feb-17 Week 1 Double Peoria System
Feb-24 Week 2 Stroke Play Gross and Net (Flighted)
Mar-03 Week 3 Net Stableford
Mar-10 Week 4 Double Peoria System
Mar-17 Week 5 Blind 9 Gross and Net (Flighted)
Mar-24 Week 6 2-Man Best Ball (NET)
Mar-31 Week 7 Net Stableford
Apr-07 Week 8 Stroke Play Gross and Net (Flighted)
Apr-14 Easter Break FAMILY TIME GENTS!
Apr-21 Week 9 "Ladies" Night Gross and Net (Flighted)
Apr-28 Week 10 Iron-Man! Gross and Net (Flighted)
May-05 Week 11 Beat the Pro
May-12 Break Vesak Day Tuesday…Take Monday OFF!!
May-19 Week 12 Net Stableford
May-26 Grand Final Stroke Play Gross and Net (Flighted)
**Weekly formats subject to change
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC   Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 11:47 am

Tks SK!
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC   Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 12:57 pm

Think this is great..  cheers   Always very keen about team league competition.. I just have few comments:

1. $150 per game for 12 games (each play at least 6 games if 4 take turns to play in team of 8) is not cheap i must say.. It would be fantastic if JCC is truly supportive n give the golfers (since its such a big tournament running for 12 weeks) a much discounted fees. If it's $100 per game I think the response would be different..

2. Instead of 12 games at JCC I would rather do 3 games at 4 different courses. 

3. There's a significant discount for JCC members naturally ($60 per game inly), just wondering if this competition would result in attracting many more JCC members than the public?

4. Drawing from the experience of Team League Golf held in RCC back last year, the winners were almost all RCC members. And though the games were heavily subsidized and the winners prize was a free trip to India Final, it somehow failed to attract as many golfers as I thought it would.. I'm keen to find out how this event would be, considering a $500 registration fee and $150 per game for 12 weeks at JCC..

Nevertheless.. Best wishes to the tournament and players..
Back to top Go down
slyster
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
slyster

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC   Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 5:15 pm

Chien,
If you are keen, join.
If you think the format or the fees don't suit you, don't join. Simple.
Nothing's perfect and I applaud Mark, Brad and the team at HGS and JCC for taking this initiative.
Peace.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC   Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:40 pm

I thought that Bro Chien's post was a constructive feedback to the organizer
He didn't just criticize but he took time to list down suggestions to the organizer for their consideration next time 
He also applaud the organizer for putting this together. I don't think it was his intend to rain on other people's parade.

We are in this forum to share info, views and opinions. If we just shoot people down with a 'my way or the highway' approach, then why open for replies? 

In this day and age, I just thought we are all mature enough 'to agree to disagree' 
Food for thought, folks.
Back to top Go down
nomic76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC   Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 9:08 pm

Well said Pocketace. 

I do not find Chien's comments negative in any way. Being able to give suggestions and examples shows the real mechanism and motive towards constructive feedback.

To each his own. 

Kudos to Chien and Pocketace as well as these Golf organisors!
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC   Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 9:09 pm

$150 per game is pretty steep esp for a league game at a single venue even thou there is free beer n chick wings (it's a Monday n the game ends ard 11pm, who can stay late for the freebies) but I have to applaud HGS for initiating this golf league to encourage more participating of this wonderful game in Singapore.

Truth always sucks n it hurts too. 

Everyone speaks but only you can choose to listen or hear the words.
Back to top Go down
punkrockpga
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC   Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 9:29 pm

Here is the League and JCC's perspective on the pricing.

Night golf any other day of the week will cost you more than $200 and it is not uncommon for the golf course to be full for night golf.  For those who are accustomed to paying that much to play, $150 is a pretty significant discount.  A beer and snacks on top of that makes it even better.  Multiple chances to win some pretty great prizes makes it even better still, and being part of a really cool competitive experience makes it even better still.  

We are completely aware that this is not for everyone but we are also confident that there are more than enough players who see the value and want to be a part of the league.  

Thanks for the feedback everyone.  Keep it coming.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC   Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 9:55 pm

pocketace wrote:
I thought that Bro Chien's post was a constructive feedback to the organizer
He didn't just criticize but he took time to list down suggestions to the organizer for their consideration next time 
He also applaud the organizer for putting this together. I don't think it was his intend to rain on other people's parade.

We are in this forum to share info, views and opinions. If we just shoot people down with a 'my way or the highway' approach, then why open for replies? 

In this day and age, I just thought we are all mature enough 'to agree to disagree' 
Food for thought, folks.
I agree with pocketace on this. If there's no feedback, how to improve? Nobody is saying the league is a bad thing, Chien is just giving his thoughts.....and certainly a very constructing one. Yes he may not want to join the league, but there is no clause that says he cannot comment.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC   Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 11:15 pm

Our team's experiences at the TLG was a reflection of what chien has mentioned.

And i think the organisers are very experienced in organising such events given that they are in the golf business

Well done for taking the initiative and i also agree that there will be no lack of participation.

Hope to see this event a success!

Good luck and all the best!!
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC   Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 8:59 am

So is GR sending in a team or two?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC   Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monday Night Mens Golf League @ JCC
Page 1 of 1