Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recycle Your Belt

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Recycle Your Belt Empty
PostSubject: Recycle Your Belt   Recycle Your Belt I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 1:40 pm

Don't throw your spoiled belts. Look what I did to my broken belts. Not that I cannot afford a new one but recycling it with some creativity do have some personal satisfaction.

Recycle Your Belt RecycledBelts-201213_zps4e0c9ca6
The purple on the right was given to me by a friend is the original which I still have with me.

The purple in the center was bought and used about 1 year ago but the keeper broke. I replaced it with one from my old leather belt's buckle. I usually throw away the old belts but keep the buckle, just in case I need it in future. The future is here.

The Orange one on the left was brand new and never used until I wanted to cut it shorter to suit my waist. After cutting while trying to fit the belt back to the buckle, it broke when I was trying to snap it in position. I then left it aside until I can find a replacement part. I found the buckle at a sale in Jurong West. The new belt with the buckle costs only $2. Yes, $2, you did not read wrong. I bought 3 for replacing my 2 other coloured belts, a yellow and a blue. Was not shown in the pictures above but I have them replaced. 

So there you have it, recycle your belts. Don't throw away the buckles. You don't know when they will come in handy.  Beer
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

Recycle Your Belt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recycle Your Belt   Recycle Your Belt I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 3:26 pm

Great work for saving the earth, TDO!  cheers 
Usually I just throw away the buckle as its cant reusable, but have kept the color belts to go with my adidias strips buckles.  santa

Last edited by hkhamateur on Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Recycle Your Belt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recycle Your Belt   Recycle Your Belt I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 4:28 pm

hkhamateur wrote:
Great work for saving the earth, TDO!  cheers 
Usually I just throw away the buckle as its cant reusable, but have kept the color belts to go with my adidias trips buckles.  santa

Some fella make use of the Mercedes Benz, BMW, Audi and Alfa Romeo metal logo to make belt buckle ... Actually quite nice indeed ... I have a Superman "S" logo belt buckle encrusted with crystals ...  But I bought it actually ... Laughing

Last edited by Turbo on Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Recycle Your Belt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recycle Your Belt   Recycle Your Belt I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 7:45 pm

All we need is some creativity and you have a product that has no duplicates in the market.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tiramisu
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Tiramisu

Recycle Your Belt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recycle Your Belt   Recycle Your Belt I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 8:41 pm

cheers Wow its so creative Tdo, yes it good to recycle n also create something new!
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Recycle Your Belt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recycle Your Belt   Recycle Your Belt I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 9:48 pm

I think every human has this creative ability. Just that it has yet to be put to test.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

Recycle Your Belt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recycle Your Belt   Recycle Your Belt I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 7:58 am

Wise men thinks alike…
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Recycle Your Belt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recycle Your Belt   Recycle Your Belt I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recycle Your Belt
Page 1 of 1