Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

notable clubs with guest friendly policies

Go down 
+7
ChrisD
hkhamateur
slinger
chien
sywog
Technospaz
haragolfer
11 posters
AuthorMessage
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

notable clubs with guest friendly policies Empty
PostSubject: notable clubs with guest friendly policies   notable clubs with guest friendly policies I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 9:04 am

had aa great experience yesterday at keppel club when they refunded half our green fees. ( we only finished 9 holes before rain out.  )not the silly rain checks and specified x number hours wait before rain checks can be given

keppel also famously has good food from  the cafe to the peramakan restaurant etc. 

did I mention they have very new buggies.

So I couldn't figure out the greens, the course is tricky with enough ob sticks to start a bushfire.  the people at keppel have really made a difference to an otherwise miserable rain out day of golf yesterday
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: notable clubs with guest friendly policies   notable clubs with guest friendly policies I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 9:17 am

I think Keppel is a bit aged in its look and I really hate the course (but that's cause I'm crap). Otherwise, it's not the worst place to play and the food is pretty decent.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: notable clubs with guest friendly policies   notable clubs with guest friendly policies I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 9:25 am

u are right about the course.  it is not the most forgiving of errant drives and duffed irons.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: notable clubs with guest friendly policies   notable clubs with guest friendly policies I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 9:46 am

haragolfer wrote:
u are right about the course.  it is not the most forgiving of errant drives and duffed irons.
You are right about my game. I've got heaps of errant drives and duffed irons.

Aside from Keppel, I think OCC isn't too bad either. Granted, they struggle when the crowd comes in (most dining places do) but aside from that, they're typically quite good and the food is decent, though it's not as good as it was before.
Back to top Go down
sywog
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: notable clubs with guest friendly policies   notable clubs with guest friendly policies I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 10:25 am

i like Keppel, except 11th hole, too tough for a my lousy golf.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: notable clubs with guest friendly policies   notable clubs with guest friendly policies I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 10:45 am

Thats good news.. Especially during this rainy season.. Clubs should exercise some flexibility and logic.. 

Same principles apply in TMCC..Refund of 9 holes in event course closed due to in climate weather....

santa
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: notable clubs with guest friendly policies   notable clubs with guest friendly policies I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 11:02 am

sywog wrote:
wah only hole 11 meh....

for me, every hole in keppel is TOUGH....
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: notable clubs with guest friendly policies   notable clubs with guest friendly policies I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 11:13 am

Wa...so nice of Keppel club! Very Happy
Unlike Warren, played last monday PM n delay start due to bad weather. Club managed to get everone tee off by latest 235pm, then siren here n there shortly after! No 
We managed to complete 8 holes. Crying or Very sad
Its alr 6pm n we went back to the counter askg fr a rain check...at first we were happy when they issued us a coupon but then gotta pay fr another 9 holes + buggy fees....ard S$75+Mad
My flight mates re re-considerg whether shld we go back or not?Question
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: notable clubs with guest friendly policies   notable clubs with guest friendly policies I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 11:21 am

slinger wrote:
sywog wrote:
wah only hole 11 meh....

If tough for u, then everyone will be toughest.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: notable clubs with guest friendly policies   notable clubs with guest friendly policies I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 11:23 am

hkhamateur wrote:
Unlike Warren, played last monday PM n delay start due to bad weather. its delay till 235pm, then siren here n there When started shortly! No 
Its alr 6pm n we went back to the counter askg fr a rain check...at first we were happy when they issued us a coupon but then gotta pay fr another 9 holes + buggy fees....ard S$75+Mad
To be fair to Warren, you had already completed 8 holes, it's reasonable that you should fork out for another 9 holes on your return. It is in fact standard policy, rain checks are hardly ever for a full 18 holes.

In fact, there are many clubs that don't issue rain checks at all, even if the siren to stop play went off right after you had just teed off on the 1st hole.

Your glass was half full, not half empty. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mowen

PostSubject: Re: notable clubs with guest friendly policies   notable clubs with guest friendly policies I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 11:33 am

slinger wrote:
sywog wrote:
wah only hole 11 meh....

I agree with you director.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: notable clubs with guest friendly policies   notable clubs with guest friendly policies I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 11:34 am

There are ways to get the most out of a rain check on our parts as golfers.

1) Assess the possiblity of a rainout with your flight and decide if you want to hold back on paying the green fees till the weather clears. Then there's no need for a rain check in the skies do open up.

2) If green fees are paid up and the possibility of a rainout is highly likely after a few holes on the course, hold back on teeing off. Then you have a higher chance of negotiating for a full 18 hole rain check.

Feel free to add on any other suggestions, since many of us will inevitably face a wet day out this time of year. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: notable clubs with guest friendly policies   notable clubs with guest friendly policies I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 12:38 pm

Thanks for the info, bro hara. This is refreshing. 

Yeah Keppel is a pretty tough course. Though not very long but the undulating terrain, blind holes and pretty tight fairways present a challenge. 

No complaints but my last game there, i had problem with the car park. The barrier cannot be raised after numerous tries. No one answered the intercomm n i finall went up after 20 mins! Hope they have solved it.

Hopefully more clubs will follow Keppel n TMCC example. cheers
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: notable clubs with guest friendly policies   notable clubs with guest friendly policies I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 1:22 pm

I only played there 3 times. Didn't have a good score. Sad . Of the 3 times, I think my best score was 95. Have not played there since 2009.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: notable clubs with guest friendly policies   notable clubs with guest friendly policies I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 1:58 pm

Birdman wrote:
hkhamateur wrote:
Unlike Warren, played last monday PM n delay start due to bad weather. its delay till 235pm, then siren here n there When started shortly! No 
It alr 6pm n we went back to the counter askg fr a rain check...at first we were happy when they issued us a coupon but then gotta pay fr another 9 holes + buggy fees....ard S$75+Mad
To be fair to Warren, you had already completed 8 holes, it's reasonable that you should fork out for another 9 holes on your return. It is in fact standard policy, rain checks are hardly ever for a full 18 holes.

In fact, there are many clubs that don't issue rain checks at all, even if the siren to stop play went off right after you had just teed off on the 1st hole.

Tx fr the highlight, birdman. Cool
Think u may hve got me wrong. Wink
I knw pretty well my flight glasses re almost half filled but i m not askg to be empty (re-scheduled another date fr a complete 18 holes!). Its only when the final n heavy poured, we didnt wan to stack at the open field n went back to the counter to check things out. Their replied was, dun knw when will it re-open but our course closed at 7pm.
My post re base on this thread title n somehow i find it similiar w bro hara situation but different clubs has different respond. Hence I m sharing my experience w fellow grians. Smile
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: notable clubs with guest friendly policies   notable clubs with guest friendly policies I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 10:28 pm

hkhamateur wrote:
Birdman wrote:
hkhamateur wrote:
It alr 6pm n we went back to the counter askg fr a rain check...at first we were happy when they issued us a coupon but then gotta pay fr another 9 holes + buggy fees....ard S$75+Mad

Tx fr the highlight, birdman. Cool
Think u may hve got me wrong. Wink
I knw pretty well my flight glasses re almost half filled but i m not askg to be empty (re-scheduled another date fr a complete 18 holes!). Its only when the final n heavy poured, we didnt wan to stack at the open field n went back to the counter to check things out. Their replied was, dun knw when will it re-open but our course closed at 7pm.
My post re base on this thread title n somehow i find it similiar w bro hara situation but different clubs has different respond. Hence I m sharing my experience w fellow grians. Smile
i got you Hong, that's why we can agree refunds are the best option, instead of rain checks.  Again kudos to keppel and TMCC.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: notable clubs with guest friendly policies   notable clubs with guest friendly policies I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 7:40 pm

My bad Hong. Embarassed 

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: notable clubs with guest friendly policies   notable clubs with guest friendly policies I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 10:36 pm

Birdman wrote:
My bad Hong. Embarassed 

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Very Happy 
Small matter n no issue mate. Wink
We re here to share n make as many friends/kakis as possi. Very Happy
@ bro Hara, yalor...u re so lucky. Smile
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: notable clubs with guest friendly policies   notable clubs with guest friendly policies I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 12:26 am

Seems some clubs are operating like some private car parks. No per second rates, no 10 minutes grace period. Once enter means you pay dearly for it, especially in town where the rates are very high and even if you use it for less than 5 minutes. You still have to pay for the full 1st hour rate. Shocked 
I wonder why don't clubs use the per minute ruling and pro-rate it according to the number of holes played in the event of rain.Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: notable clubs with guest friendly policies   notable clubs with guest friendly policies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

notable clubs with guest friendly policies
Page 1 of 1