Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally!

Go down 
+2
swordwind
18underPar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally! Empty
PostSubject: Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally!   Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 3:43 am

the European Tour heads over to Turkey for the Turkish Airlines Open, the third event in the Final Series in the Race to Dubai... ahead of the tournament though, Tiger participated in a pretty outrageous publicity event.

he hit a golf ball along the Bosphorus Bridge, which actually connects the continents of Europe and Asia! pretty cool event, but notice that the right side of the bridge still has moving traffic!!! the event took about an hour and took place during a pretty busy afternoon leading up to rush hour. tiger is rumoured to be paid about $2.4 million to play in the tournament and take part in all these events leading up to it

more photos: http://www.eighteenunderpar.com/tiger-woods-bosphorus-bridge/

Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
swordwind
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally!   Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:23 am

Wow. is that really necessary? from the photos, it seem like that crowd that was present is kind of sparse. and actually i have a bigger question, where are the balls expected to land huh? on the road?? gonna bounce pretty far correct?? bounce
Back to top Go down
callsign75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally!   Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 3:33 pm

So stupid. Tiger should considering acting, shot to nowwhere, but he can really pretend, took aim first then hit the shot.........
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally!   Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 3:43 pm

callsign75 wrote:
So stupid. Tiger should considering acting, shot to nowwhere, but he can really pretend, took aim first then hit the shot.........
But he does not have the glamorous look of an Actor ... David Beckham has the looks but not the voice ...
Back to top Go down
astroboy888
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally!   Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 4:54 am

Why is everyone giving him a hard time. I am sure that it was not his idea and the organizers had everything planned including the safety aspect.

As a professional athlete there a lot of promotional events that one has to attend, it's even in the contract. No all will be to his liking but that's the way the ball rolls. Please pardon my pun.
Back to top Go down
callsign75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally!   Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 9:00 am

hahaha....i will do the same like tiger if i am paid 2.4million to play......but am still dreaming of the day that I can get paid to play golf.....
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally!   Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 9:38 am

That is why he is one of the richest sportmen in the world ...
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally!   Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 10:11 am

Turbo wrote:
callsign75 wrote:
But he does not have the glamorous look of an Actor ... David Beckham has the looks but not the voice ...
next year can consider putting or chipping across the bridge 

every year a new 1st

Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally! 072613-CD-mini-golf-11-L
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally!   Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 10:20 am

maybe can give him 15mins to read the line before he putts

Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally! 9k=Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4HVPU7vl3aeYy7xYwEd4KG0YLxM0fqqN4LeJXmaakCaN6884yGg
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally!   Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 10:32 am

Turkish organizers said Tiger's driving feat on the bridge that overlooking Asia worth every penny ...

Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally! 186961528_3030894

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dbFtl?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=golf
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally!   Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 10:35 am

swordwind wrote:
Wow. is that really necessary? from the photos, it seem like that crowd that was present is kind of sparse. and actually i have a bigger question, where are the balls expected to land huh? on the road?? gonna bounce pretty far correct?? bounce
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally!   Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 10:45 am

budden for tiger woods.. 

the ball supposed to land here

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally!   Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiger stops traffic on a bridge... literally!
Page 1 of 1