Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?

Go down 
+15
fata
slinger
xredevilx
hkhamateur
poresia
lighter
Vinny
andygohwc
Mike888
asahi
Turbo
Technospaz
paul@golf
enwee
adious
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
adious
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? Empty
PostSubject: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Is Golf travel bag/cover necessary when checking in golf set at the ferry terminal?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:14 pm

No is not.
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:14 pm

hi adious, based on recent trip my kaki's standbag stand was detached and mine with 1 rubber stud (of 1 of the leg) missing upon arriving back to SIN......better to use a travel bag just in case
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:15 pm

bro enwee, ours were unlucky been mishandled probably Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:21 pm

I definitely believe that a travel bag is key when transporting the golf bag. The way the handlers chuck our bags is scary. Plus, they pile one bag on top of the other and if you happen to be at the bottom of the pile... yikes!

I also pad the clubs with a towel and I've since removed the driver head from the shaft (due to its length). It's a bit of additional security. It's not intended to guarantee that the clubs/bag will come out in one piece but judging by how the bags are handled, every little bit helps!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:29 pm

adious wrote:
Is Golf travel bag/cover necessary when checking in golf set at the ferry terminal?
I believe it is necessary especially if your cartbag or staff bag is expensive ... BTW, I used a golf bag cover even for short golf trips to Batam or Ria Bintan ... Like one of the bro above mentioned, considering the way the workers handle our golf bags, they would easily wear up a few times faster ... There goes our hard earned $$$ ... Sometimes not only our golf bags are damaged, there is a high possibility that our umbrella can be damaged too ... It is advisable to keep the umbrella inside the bag together with your clubs if you dun use a golf bag cover ...
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:43 pm

I used to (for my Zipang bag) but not anymore.
Maybe coz I use a cheaper standbag now and do not worry so much about damages.

In any case, it gives one the excuse to buy a new bag!!!!

Haha
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 6:17 pm

paul@golf wrote:
U mean raped????Very Happy

Anyway perhaps it's your fans who too it just like the last time. Someone stole my HSBC umbrella. So now if I don't put travel cover, I'll keep all the hanging stuffs inside the bag just in case.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 6:33 pm

enwee wrote:
paul@golf wrote:

Anyway perhaps it's your fans who too it just like the last time. Someone stole my HSBC umbrella. So now if I don't put travel cover, I'll keep all the hanging stuffs inside the bag just in case.
You lost your HSBC umbrella? Seriously? That's unpleasant.

I use a lock with my travel bag. I'd recommend doing the same. Yes, it's a bit more tedious getting the golf bag in and out but I've got more peace of mind.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 6:44 pm

Technospaz wrote:
enwee wrote:
paul@golf wrote:

I use a lock with my travel bag. I'd recommend doing the same. Yes, it's a bit more tedious getting the golf bag in and out but I've got more peace of mind.
Not this trip but the last trip to Ria, perhaps during transferred they drop it. Because I'm quite sure on the ferry I saw my bag and the umbrella still there, heng it's foc.

I'll used my travel bag if I take a flight.
Back to top Go down
Mike888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mike888

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 6:59 pm

if you ever see the way the crew "handle" your bag, likely you will think twice to go without travel cover to Batam and Bintan, not just Bintan.
Back to top Go down
andygohwc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 8:27 pm

I usually don't take a travel cover on trips to Batam/Bintan. But on my last trip to Batam, I saw the handler pass my bag upside down to the crew and they just rested the whole bag with the top at the bottom! For a moment I thought siao liao!! my driver/woods sure break....scolded the crew on the spot. Luckily they were unscathed but lesson learnt from tat incident.
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 7:10 am

If you're thinking of investing in a golf travel bag ~ better be a hard case (no point wasting $$ and time looking for one made from fabric).......  Wait till you see how the porters handle and toss your bags. There are instances where hard travel cases got dented in as well, so you can imagine what kind of trauma your clubs are subjected......

Hey. there's this saying ~ the old don't go, the new will never come (旧的不去,新的不来)
Back to top Go down
lighter
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
lighter

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 7:14 am

I lost my towel once without any travel cover. If really dont want to use travel cover, please keep all umbrellas, towels, whatever hanging outside well-hidden. These days i used travel cover, after seeing once how they handle the bags.
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 8:57 am

once, I saw them put golf bags on the dirty n oily floor on the ferry and since then, I always use travel bag when golfing in bintan/batam.

my friends also lost stuff like golf balls, towels, umbrellas, gloves etc on return trip. was told that they will target small stuff as mentioned.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 9:30 am

Technospaz wrote:
enwee wrote:
paul@golf wrote:

Its been many years since my last game at batam n bintam lagoon. I used travel bag w small lock always like TS does. Cool
There s one incident tat everyone bags was load onto the buggy while those female caddies waited fr us to get change n ready except mine....bcoz its locked!!Razz
Back to top Go down
adious
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 9:42 am

Thanks for all the inputs....
Back to top Go down
xredevilx
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 4:14 pm

hi guys,
thought i just bring up an old thread rather than create a new one.
I will be travelling and am looking to purchase a travel bag for my cart bag.
Does anyone have any recommendations as to the specific models i should be looking at that are available in SG?

Based on my research online, a lot of ppl supporting club glove bags, but they arent exactly easy to find in SG.

Any comments/help is greatly appreciated!!!
Or anyone whom WTS can pm me as well with your offers LOL.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 6:39 pm

xredevilx wrote:
hi guys,
Does anyone have any recommendations as to the specific models i should be looking at that are available in SG?

Based on my research online, a lot of ppl supporting club glove bags, but they arent exactly easy to find in SG.

I have a heavy duty travel bag.... big enough to put 2 stand bag in

if u come my place pick up.... I loan it to u

u dun need to buy.... just clean it when u pass back to me

swee bo??
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 7:20 pm

Nice stuff slinger!
Back to top Go down
xredevilx
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 7:30 pm

slinger wrote:
xredevilx wrote:
hi guys,

swee bo??

super swee bro LOL......
but i too pai seh to impose on you like dat heheh..

i travel around the region every quarter for my work, spending about 3-4 weeks overseas, hitting a few countries at a go,  and thats why i need a travel bag hehe. its a good excuse for me to put in some practise time when overseas :p
a bit too thick skinned for me to keep borrowing from you every quarter for a month at a time lol
but your offer is very very much appreciated....... Beer 
Gam siah man......
If you selling though, i may seriously consider LOL
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 7:38 pm

slinger wrote:
xredevilx wrote:
hi guys,

swee bo??
 +10
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 7:51 pm

sorry.... travel bag not for sale

can try Golf Direct.... think they have Perry Gear travel bag

not too expensive...
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 8:17 pm

slinger wrote:
sorry.... travel bag not for sale

can try Golf Direct.... think they have Perry Gear travel bag

not too expensive...
Perry gear is transview lah. Gd is slazenger.
Back to top Go down
xredevilx
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 8:46 pm

thanks for the advice guys, most probably do a round trip of some of the shops like golf direct, pan west, FESC, etc to take a look this weekend.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?   Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Travel Bag/Cover Necessary for Golf in Bintan?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next