Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good Golf Coach

Go down 
+14
eladnonnac
hiryu
Terrellrist
golfool2009
Tiramisu
snagy23
mengteck71
NewBie_SS
gabong
mariateo
Glenn.Lee
golfjunk
loserjo
golfer1975
18 posters
AuthorMessage
golfer1975
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Good Golf Coach Empty
PostSubject: Good Golf Coach   Good Golf Coach I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 4:40 pm

Dear All,

Anybody got any good golf coach to recommand?

Want to break 85

Cheers
Back to top Go down
loserjo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Good Golf Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Golf Coach   Good Golf Coach I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 12:46 pm

Try Marc Kawasoe... Phil Brew...
Back to top Go down
golfjunk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
golfjunk

Good Golf Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Golf Coach   Good Golf Coach I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 1:54 pm

I am sharing my experience looking for golf coach not necessary the correct approach.

1) Have you analyze your game to find out your problem?
Many golfers here has share their experience on analyzing game. I actually read and use these method find out where are my problem area. So you may want to take sometime to go through those thread and find out the problem area. Mine is a swing issue; my iron is not able to land anywhere near the fringe of the green; except for par 3 all par 4 have to 3 on for green that are less than 150M after tee off.

2) Are you ready for a change?
Finding out the problem is the initial part, next are you ready to give up your current game to move forward? Mine was a painful one. Went through major swing overhaul now playing like a beginner and has been for 2 months. Have to swallow ego and refrain from using old swing.

3) Type of coach.
Their are various school of teaching; you have to decide base on the very first analyze of game how you want to move forward. Again love GR thread; you can check discussion of type of coach and which type you are looking for.

4) Selecting the coach
I love my hard earn $$$ so I did some research on my coach before I engage him. What are the theory he teach and for me what type of swing he is teaching. I was fortunate to be able to check out Youtube video of my coach swing.

Finally are you comfortable to work with your coach.

Hope this will help you to look for the correct coach.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Glenn.Lee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Good Golf Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Golf Coach   Good Golf Coach I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 1:59 am

Actually as long as you are comfortable with the coach's coaching and his attitude in teaching you, just go for it!
Back to top Go down
mariateo
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mariateo

Good Golf Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Golf Coach   Good Golf Coach I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:51 am

Is not only the coach, is also the amount of time you are willing to commit into reaching that goal. Eg. Time spent at the range practicing vs more rounds of golf with friends.
Back to top Go down
gabong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
gabong

Good Golf Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Golf Coach   Good Golf Coach I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 3:28 pm

mariateo wrote:
Is not only the coach, is also the amount of time you are willing to commit into reaching that goal. Eg. Time spent at the range practicing vs more rounds of golf with friends.
ture...
Back to top Go down
gabong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
gabong

Good Golf Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Golf Coach   Good Golf Coach I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 3:29 pm

The coach can help you understand the game.
And the rest is just good old practicing.
Back to top Go down
NewBie_SS
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Good Golf Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Golf Coach   Good Golf Coach I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 4:10 pm

I am extremely cautious with golf coaches these days... too many "pian jiak" money face coaches around..

Ask you swing and swing throughout the lesson without emphasising on the key issues...
Swing like mad dog...like a machine...

Pay peanuts and you get monkey...
So go for expensive coaches...there's a reason why they charge more...
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

Good Golf Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Golf Coach   Good Golf Coach I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 5:07 pm

Try talk to Coach Tendy at Turf City. He has various golf packages to break 100, 90 & 80. He will also bring you the course. Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
snagy23

Good Golf Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Golf Coach   Good Golf Coach I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:24 pm

I am too going under coaching at the moment,
Just to share that you have to be really hard working to really practice what the coach tells you to.
Otherwise next lesson, he will ask you to perform what he have teach you and if he still sees that the effort not put in, he may ask you to do the same thing again and go back to practice again.
You have to trust what he teach, sometimes, it maybe quite odd.
nevertheless, trusting your coach and really spend time in practicing what he told you to do is really a key to get improvement.
Just my take.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Tiramisu
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Tiramisu

Good Golf Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Golf Coach   Good Golf Coach I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:32 pm

+ 1 to snagy23's sharing.
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

Good Golf Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Golf Coach   Good Golf Coach I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 10:36 pm

I recently went for my first lessons with Allen Kelly aka Shorthitter.  I was initially worried abt his nick but found out that it's like the giant, muscle-bound guy called tiny or the gloomy faced woman nicknamed Sunshine.......he's no shorthitter......

What I liked best about Allen was that he didn't try to change my odd little swing but focused on a few key things:
1. Grip
2. Alignment
3. Takeaway

If you get these basics right, the rest should fall in place....of course, it's always easier than done....in the past, i always believed that my homemade swing was good enough but going for lessons taught me that a lot of shots boil down to having the right technique......

I'm still trying to work on my problems but i think going for lessons was the best investment in golf I've ever made....better than any of the latest golf gear out there.....a cliche but true...i'll definitely be going back to Allen every now and then to work out the ongoing kinks in my swing....
Back to top Go down
NewBie_SS
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Good Golf Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Golf Coach   Good Golf Coach I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 8:03 am

May I know anyone has any experience with JCC Mark Bates or RCC Chris Marriott ? Can PM me ? 
Back to top Go down
Terrellrist
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Good Golf Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Golf Coach   Good Golf Coach I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 8:51 am

any recommendations for west area?
Back to top Go down
hiryu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Good Golf Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Golf Coach   Good Golf Coach I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 9:46 am

golfool2009 wrote:
I recently went for my first lessons with Allen Kelly aka Shorthitter.  I was initially worried abt his nick but found out that it's like the giant, muscle-bound guy called tiny or the gloomy faced woman nicknamed Sunshine.......he's no shorthitter......

What I liked best about Allen was that he didn't try to change my odd little swing but focused on a few key things:
1. Grip
2. Alignment
3. Takeaway

If you get these basics right, the rest should fall in place....of course, it's always easier than done....in the past, i always believed that my homemade swing was good enough but going for lessons taught me that a lot of shots boil down to having the right technique......

I'm still trying to work on my problems but i think going for lessons was the best investment in golf I've ever made....better than any of the latest golf gear out there.....a cliche but true...i'll definitely be going back to Allen every now and then to work out the ongoing kinks in my swing....
Going to start lessons with SH this weekend as well.
Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
eladnonnac
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Good Golf Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Golf Coach   Good Golf Coach I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:27 pm

Has anyone tried Skye Neal at Sentosa? Seems like they have a good training facility...
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Good Golf Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Golf Coach   Good Golf Coach I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Allen Kelly and Justin Han are both great coach.
I have engaged the service of both of them.
A pity Laguna is going to close and I am not willing to go far to Seletar....

Allen, where are u heading?  NSRCC?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Good Golf Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Golf Coach   Good Golf Coach I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:00 pm

skybobo wrote:

U sure Laguna is closing? I thought their lease has not expired yet? I understand that the Government will only renew their lease term if they willing to upgrade the facilities in the country club like having hotel accommodation, etc. Laguna CC of course needs their existing members to top up the membership fee in order to realize this plan. I guess this may be the excuse of the government to force them to return the land ...
Back to top Go down
kg7068
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Good Golf Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Golf Coach   Good Golf Coach I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:04 pm

golfer1975 wrote:
Dear All,

Anybody got any good golf coach to recommand?

Want to break 85

Cheers
U may try contacting Rohanis 91173451. He is a local pro.. good $$ not expensive
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

Good Golf Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Golf Coach   Good Golf Coach I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:25 pm

Turbo wrote:
skybobo wrote:

U sure Laguna is closing? I thought their lease has not expired yet? I understand that the Government will only renew their lease term if they willing to upgrade the facilities in the country club like having hotel accommodation, etc. Laguna CC of course needs their existing members to top up the membership fee in order to realize this plan. I guess this may be the excuse of the government to force them to return the land ...

Our driving range,pool,social clubhouse will shut down on the 31st of August. These facilities will be demolished to make way for the new hotel and range. Projected opening would be some time in 2016
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good Golf Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Golf Coach   Good Golf Coach I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Golf Coach
Page 1 of 1