Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

going to johor bahru for 4 days

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stevefunkt
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

going to johor bahru for 4 days Empty
PostSubject: going to johor bahru for 4 days   going to johor bahru for 4 days I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 7:20 pm

hi everyone, i am going to Johor bahru for 4 days from Sunday and would like some of your expertise!

Which courses would you recommend playing, (I am a high handicapper)? Is it Ok for a single golfer to play as unfortunately a friend had to cancel?

Would you stay at the different resorts or stay in town and travel by taxi? if so whats the taxi costs?

Are there caddies? I live in bali so i am used to caddies although its not a must.

Hope someone can help.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: going to johor bahru for 4 days   going to johor bahru for 4 days I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 8:29 pm

If you're going just for golf and not much else, then best is to stay and play at either Palm Resort or Tanjong Putri.

Both resorts have 3x18 holes each, and you need not pay for expensive taxi fares since you stay with them. For PR, the hotel is within a par-5 distance from buggy bay, or you can ask hotel to shuttle you to the golf course with a buggy.

For TP, the hotel rooms are in the same complex as golf reception. 2 of the courses are about 1-2km away, again you can ask hotel to send you over.

On weekdays, you can tee off alone, no problem. Caddies are available in PR, not sure about TP.
Back to top Go down
sp
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: going to johor bahru for 4 days   going to johor bahru for 4 days I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:34 pm

Tanjong has limited caddies and better to make reservation to counter upon check in hotel.
Night time at Tanjong is nothing as is near industrial area. But I don't think you can tee off alone during weekend, may be need to ask counter to arrange join flight during weekend.
palm Resort is near Senai Airport.
Back to top Go down
stevefunkt
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: going to johor bahru for 4 days   going to johor bahru for 4 days I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 10:50 pm

Thanks for your help, I think i will stay a night at each place and maybe a night in town, which is the best course near town?
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: going to johor bahru for 4 days   going to johor bahru for 4 days I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:44 am

I would recommend either Palm Resort (3x18) or Pulai Springs (2x18). Both are not too far from town but depending on which town you want to go! Tg Puteri is a bit too far off in my opinion and I am not sure of the hotel conditions. I have stayed in Palm Resort before and the hotel is quite nice. Course wise, Tg. Puteri has the best course conditions.
Back to top Go down
Peterinjb
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: going to johor bahru for 4 days   going to johor bahru for 4 days I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 4:17 pm

Another option is Ponderosa (1*18) which is only 10mins from town(via EDL). They have guest rooms too. Others courses with guest rooms are Legends(27h) and Austin Hill(9 or 18-check as undergoing renovation).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: going to johor bahru for 4 days   going to johor bahru for 4 days I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

going to johor bahru for 4 days
Page 1 of 1