Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"

Go down 
+8
Tituman
ironfist
JohnBGLee
DGman
S70B
sunny
mUAr_cHEe
lemmein
12 posters
AuthorMessage
lemmein
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!" Empty
PostSubject: So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"   So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!" I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:34 pm

The freaking driver head on my MASSIVE SQ Sumo 2 went hurling down the driving range...got to around 80m while the ball which was quite well struck got out to around 220m or so. ANYWAYS, bottom line is the guy working the balls (pardon my french) was kind enough to retrieve the head so I now want said head re-attached to the shaft. I like this driver a lot and am pretty pissed about this. Can it just be reattached? And if so, how much would that cost? Thanks for your assistance guys.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"   So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!" I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:36 pm

Did tge shaft break?
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"   So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!" I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:36 pm

go to any club fitter and they can do it for u...

do u leave your clubs in the car all the time?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"   So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!" I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:38 pm

Small sum if you go to a clubfitter.

MC is right. Stop leaving clubs in hot places like your boot. The heat will crack and break up the epoxy.
Back to top Go down
lemmein
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"   So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!" I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:43 pm

i dont own a car Sad wish i did...lol but no, it's not been in hot places...other than this country with the humidity and heat i suppose. otherwise it's in my room, fan/aircon most of the time...and the shaft didn't exactly break but the point at which it should connect to the head may have chipped off in the incident...
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"   So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!" I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:46 pm

bring it back to where you bought it from (unless its 2nd hand) and try and get a replacement if the head is scratched or dented.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
lemmein
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"   So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!" I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:50 pm

it's second hand Sad the head is still fine actually, if i can just get it re-attached i'd be happy.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"   So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!" I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:50 pm

oh... if shaft broke.. then whatever DGMan said.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"   So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!" I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:02 pm

easy to reshaft, even if the shaft is chipped, we can grind off the tip and still use it.

worse case scenario we should have lots of used SQ shafts.

DGman
Back to top Go down
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JohnBGLee

PostSubject: Re: So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"   So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!" I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:10 pm

Every golfer should buy insurance. Not for Clubs only. Make sure you are covered.
The Club, Club head, ball may fly and hit some one.
if no insurance ... "Toa Kee" liao.

In this instance, if you are insured, Claim insurance.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
lemmein
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"   So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!" I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:31 pm

i've been playing the game 8 months now, just went through my first set of clubs, not even started working yet. believe me, when i can afford it, i plan to buy insurance. also when the clubs i have are worth insuring hehe thanks. and is BFG open sunday? might try to drop by to see if there's hope.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"   So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!" I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:38 pm

we are not open on sundays...if you are not working, we will fix it for you at no charge.

come by Bukit Merah.

DGman
Back to top Go down
lemmein
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"   So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!" I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:42 pm

ok, i'll try to swing by this saturday then, or maybe even tomorrow. thanks!!
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"   So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!" I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:01 am

haha once i saw this guy at bishan fling his entire club, shaft and all, about 50m down the middle of the range. i'm sure he could've waited for the ball collector to pick it up for him but instead i saw him running out with an umbrella in his hands! hahaha funniest thing i've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"   So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!" I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 6:42 am

lemmein wrote:
believe me, when i can afford it, i plan to buy insurance. also when the clubs i have are worth insuring

There is no 'when' when it comes to buying golf insurance.

You just buy it because you have to. it comes standard or inclusive when you own membership to clubs; i.e, mygolfkaki, country club memberships.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"   So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!" I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 7:33 am

ironfist wrote:
haha once i saw this guy at bishan fling his entire club, shaft and all, about 50m down the middle of the range. i'm sure he could've waited for the ball collector to pick it up for him but instead i saw him running out with an umbrella in his hands! hahaha funniest thing i've ever seen.

You have not read in another thread about my friend whose club went flying out of his hands at the range but came flying back like a boomerang about 20-30 ft on his left. Not kidding here. Luckily there was no golfer on his left side at that time. He was a beginner then but now he is playing single digit hcp now. affraid

Titu
Back to top Go down
lemmein
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"   So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!" I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 9:04 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
lemmein wrote:
believe me, when i can afford it, i plan to buy insurance. also when the clubs i have are worth insuring

You just buy it because you have to. it comes standard or inclusive when you own membership to clubs; i.e, mygolfkaki, country club memberships.

I have an NSRCC membership, does that mean i'm covered then?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"   So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!" I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 9:25 am

Welcome to the club Smile I'll start a list Smile
Back to top Go down
Mytube
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"   So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!" I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 9:32 am

It must be that the shaft had not been fitted properly.

My 5 iron club head flew 50 m off at a range, too.
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"   So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!" I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 3:24 pm

lemmein wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
lemmein wrote:

I have an NSRCC membership, does that mean i'm covered then?

not by default. you can just approach the golf reception to get the sign-up form.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"   So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!" I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 3:57 pm

Lemmein, with such violent swing speed... you need to get one immediately. Today your driver, never know when is the next one... you have 14 clubs there Laughing
Anyway, my pleasure to meet you and to see myself that you "really" can achieve that 260m with Driver.
Back to top Go down
lemmein
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"   So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!" I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 4:59 pm

haha yeah, i should. n thanks so much Eric for the reattachment! cant wait till i can afford to fit my clubs to my swing better and get some of those SWEEEEET shafts i tried out today. was fun guys, thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"   So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So it finally happened to me..."WATCH OUT!! DRIVER HEAD COMING AT YOU!!"
Page 1 of 1