Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat?

Go down 
+11
freedrop
simon1982
dyeosh
Vinny
simbk
coe16arg
hillgreen
poresia
Denmeister
haragolfer
snagy23
15 posters
AuthorMessage
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
snagy23

anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat? Empty
PostSubject: anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat?   anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 7:46 am

Hi wish to check if any bro going to cancel your game on sat?
I have used golf greedy to book a game at ioi palm villa.
Most likely will call them later today to check the condition.
I guess no one wants to travel all the way there to find out the course is close.
Maybe good for any bro here to share as well.
I will update this place once i talk to them, if able to get "haze check" or not.
Cheers!
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat?   anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 7:51 am

haze check. for psi 191.  I hope they do.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat?   anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:06 am

chances are very high that I will opt out of my game tomorrow.  The current situation in front of my patio (which is 3 min away from RJCC/JGCC) , is extremely bad!  I can't even see the building 500m in front of me!

the air smells smoky and even though I am indoors, I am starting to tear up (maybe due to the fact that I cannot play tomorrow)

Let's hope the conditions improve and I don't have to cancel my Sunday game.
Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
snagy23

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat?   anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:11 am

Hahaha.. not sure how it will feel wearing N95 to play golf tomorrow! ahaha..
Yah just disappointed i cant play. bet alot of bros and sistas here who are golf addicts may feel the same.
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat?   anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:37 am

for local courses, all will be closed once PSI exceeds 200. NSRCC already issued memo that they will halt all outdoor activities once PSI exceeds 200.
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat?   anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:47 am

heard jb is also pretty bad like sg.  
they already closed the schools... 
also,  several flights were delayed for more than 3 hr in afternoon.

maybe the gof course there will not declared closed due to commercial considersations  to make $.
Back to top Go down
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat?   anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:50 am

How is the situation in KL? Thinking of flying up there to escape from the haze for the weekend.

Derek, are you based in KL?
Back to top Go down
simbk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat?   anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 11:37 am

Looks like this weekend will not be playing any golf......unless there is a heavy rain fall tonight or tomorrow early morning. All courses will be suspended if psi >200. If by the standard now.....tomorrow will be in the range of 300s....

Watch golf channel or go to golf simulator!
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat?   anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:47 pm

Those who fight & run away, lives to fight another day ~ think with the brain not the golf set Superman
Back to top Go down
dyeosh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat?   anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 1:21 pm

Sat & Sunday games both cancel...... Sg, JB, batam all affected by haze.
Back to top Go down
simon1982
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
simon1982

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat?   anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 2:01 pm

I just had a game at ioi palm yesterday.
Today is definitely worst than yesterday haze.

Ah siao to play but no choice, OC's handicap test somemore.
Golf as usual ask for caddy not a single one available (claim all on leave)
But funny, we saw some other flights later in the game with caddies....

Visibility is good for shorthitter like me haha,
People who drive far may have problem spotting where their ball land.
We played the game like in the mist. Can only see the front flight glimpse.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat?   anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:05 pm

Heard govt is seeding clouds to induce rain today or tomorrow, so that golfers can play this weekend.
Back to top Go down
qqqqqq
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat?   anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:20 pm

Are the driving ranges still opened this weekend? Itching to play man....
Back to top Go down
sp
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat?   anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 5:54 pm

I have canceled my Starhill Sunday booking due to very bad condition. These 2 days Pasir Gudang area is bad at psi 3++, don't play play.
Back to top Go down
MadScientist
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat?   anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 12:02 am

sp wrote:
I have canceled my Starhill Sunday booking due to very bad condition. These 2 days Pasir Gudang area is bad at psi 3++, don't play play.

Today was at Puteri Plantation.

Had a good break all day visibly less than 200.

Only 10 flights there today... We were in flight 11.

Straits only had one flight apparently.

Will post photos of the conditions today...

It was bizarre as SG hit 400 and over there was pretty decent.
Back to top Go down
simbk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat?   anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 9:04 am

freedrop wrote:
Heard govt is seeding clouds to induce rain today or tomorrow, so that golfers can play this weekend.

Boh rain leh.....this morning wake up early hoping to have a chance to golf .....PSI 292 at 8am.....sian
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat?   anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 5:13 pm

The skies are clear in jb! 

Woohoo!  Sunday game on!
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat?   anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 5:43 pm

simbk wrote:
freedrop wrote:

Boh rain leh.....this morning wake up early hoping to have a chance to golf .....PSI 292 at 8am.....sian

No rain here but planes were used to water bomb, plus rain seeding over hot spots in Sumatra, that's why now we have blue sky :

http://www.3news.co.nz/Planes-used-to-clear-Singapores-haze/tabid/1160/articleID/302364/Default.aspx
Back to top Go down
pinhigh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
pinhigh

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat?   anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 6:00 pm

Played at Legends ystdy....haze is def around but to a lesser extent. You don't smell the burnt smell neither does yr eyes tear.......but back in SG, the burnt smell is so strong n eyes tearing is happening too. Was told ystdy the they (Legends) are hosting a Carlsberg Tournament today....... 
Guess most courses across the causeway will stay open. Now it depends on the golfers themselves, to play or not to play....... Rolling EyesVery Happy

hope this helps.....

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat?   anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anyone going to cancel their golf game in JB on Sat?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Overseas Games-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.