Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from Vancouver, Canada!

Go down 
+10
Elephant789
golfer1975
Dragonz18
renode
hkhamateur
Quest
dtan
Ngn52
jurongtiger
18underPar
14 posters
AuthorMessage
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

Hello from Vancouver, Canada! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Vancouver, Canada!   Hello from Vancouver, Canada! I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:54 am

Hey everyone!

We noticed we had some referral traffic from this golf forum to our blog and didn't know that there was such a HUGE golfing community in Singapore! So we thought we'd join and say hello and learn more about the golfing communities in Singapore and Asia.

We're based in Vancouver, BC, Canada, but frequently visit Singapore as well! We hope to join this community and be active in this forum to meet some new friends! Be sure to check out our blog, especially our "Course of the Week" features!

K.T. New here
EighteenUnderPar.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver, Canada!   Hello from Vancouver, Canada! I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 12:34 pm

Bonjour! Cool! Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Ngn52
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver, Canada!   Hello from Vancouver, Canada! I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 4:16 pm

Hi 18underpar, welcome and hope to share some golf information in your area! lol!
Back to top Go down
dtan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
dtan

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver, Canada!   Hello from Vancouver, Canada! I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 4:28 pm

Welcome....welcome Canadian friends..... cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://davidtnm@yahoo.com
Quest
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Quest

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver, Canada!   Hello from Vancouver, Canada! I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 4:43 pm

Great to have you on board as well. Please share on the golf from your side, would love to learn and love the game more. Stay connected despite the distance and different time zones. This sport transcends physical boundaries. cheers
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver, Canada!   Hello from Vancouver, Canada! I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 8:40 pm

GR goin global! cyclops
Hurray! cheers
Welcome K.T. Wink
Back to top Go down
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver, Canada!   Hello from Vancouver, Canada! I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:06 pm

Hi 18underPar! Are you based solely in Vancouver or you venture to other states for golf?

I should be going to Seattle next month and may have time for a round in ChambersBay or Washington National. Was wondering if you played these 2 before?
Back to top Go down
Dragonz18
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Dragonz18

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver, Canada!   Hello from Vancouver, Canada! I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:44 pm

Hi , welcome.........
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver, Canada!   Hello from Vancouver, Canada! I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:59 pm

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

@Renode: We're mainly based in Vancouver, so the majority of courses we play are in the Greater Vancouver area. Funny you should mention Chambers Bay though, we just went down to play that course this past weekend!!! We'll be posting up photos on our blog/facebook page soon and write about our experience there, so I'll make sure to put the link here for everyone. It was about a 4 hour drive from Vancouver, but totally worth it.

We haven't played Washington National ourselves, but many of our friends have - that's where the University of Washington golf team plays! Haven't heard anything bad about it yet!

Back to top Go down
golfer1975
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver, Canada!   Hello from Vancouver, Canada! I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 2:08 am

Welcome
Back to top Go down
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver, Canada!   Hello from Vancouver, Canada! I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 7:21 am

Nice, I'm also looking forward to a game at chambers bay..
Back to top Go down
Elephant789
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Elephant789

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver, Canada!   Hello from Vancouver, Canada! I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 7:45 am

From a fellow Canadian, I welcome you to the forum. Glad to see other Canadians here as well.
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver, Canada!   Hello from Vancouver, Canada! I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:51 pm

@renode: I just spoke to some friends of mine who play in the Seattle area often, they also recommended playing at The Home Course and Gold Mountain. Not sure how long you'll be staying in Seattle, but it might be worth checking out!

And speaking of Seattle, the University of Washington Men's golf team is pursuing the NCAA National Championship (Div. 1). The PGA Tour has filmed a couple of very cool videos/episodes of the team! eighteenunderpar.com/everyday-university-of-washington-huskies-ep-1/

@Elephant789: Thanks for the welcome! Whereabouts from Canada were you from? Smile
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver, Canada!   Hello from Vancouver, Canada! I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 9:45 am

Welcome 18under.

Might be popping by Vancouver in August on a work trip. Anyone good golf course that is easily accessible from downtown if I'm not driving?
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver, Canada!   Hello from Vancouver, Canada! I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 3:24 pm

this is one of the few cities i am looking forward to retire to.....

golf in spring

trails in autumn

ski in winter
Back to top Go down
divotee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
divotee

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver, Canada!   Hello from Vancouver, Canada! I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 10:21 am

Hello KT and welcome to GR! It's cool to see a fellow vancouverite here! Was from Singapore but I live in Maple ridge and golf weekends with my army vet neighbour at Mission golf course. Best course I've ever played at is Chateu Whistler and Pemberton. Am a huge Canucks fan but too bad they didn't make it to the second round of the playoffs this season. We should arrange a trip for members in the forum here in Singapore to play there in British Columbia! Superman
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver, Canada!   Hello from Vancouver, Canada! I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 10:20 pm

@simoner: Unfortunately, from the downtown core, golf courses are not very accessible without a car. Your best bet would probably be the University Golf Course at UBC, but you would still have to take a cab there (expensive!). Other courses in Vancouver that you could look at are McCleery and Fraserview or even Northlands in North Vancouver!

@divotee: Wow! Thanks for the welcome! I thought I was the only Vancouverite on this forum! We're also huge Canucks fans, a lot of changes on the horizon for next season, what do you think of the Coach V decision? Lol, we play all around Vancouver, but unfortunately, never played up at Whistler! Have only gone as far as Furry Creek to play! Best course we've played to date is definitely Chambers Bay in Tacoma, WA Wink Haha, but I have to admit, the greens are Carnoustie in Port Coquitlam are great! The course is in great condition this year! Would love to gather forum members for a golfing trip here! Have you played in Singapore before? We've only ever played the Marina Bay Sands golf course over there!
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver, Canada!   Hello from Vancouver, Canada! I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 11:56 pm

@renode: Finally had some time to write up some of our experiences at Chambers Bay and sort through all of the photos we took on our blog! We have a full photo gallery on our facebook page as well (linked on our blog!) I'll make sure to post this in the "Courses" section of the forum as well Very Happy

eighteenunderpar.com/course-of-the-week-chambers-bay-golf-course
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver, Canada!   Hello from Vancouver, Canada! I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 9:16 am

Welcome welcome too cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver, Canada!   Hello from Vancouver, Canada! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Vancouver, Canada!
Page 1 of 1