Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)

Go down 
+21
enwee
modthing
xredevilx
Stanix
timlim
IceShelterX
BryanSiow
hillgreen
antegg
chip_munkie
nremda
56789pgs
jonoz
chngz
willytan
aquaman
AhLEM
ahnah
EastCoastHack
snagy23
Najibapark
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Najibapark

NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) Empty
PostSubject: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:39 pm

Hi!
Please do share your reviews about this course as this coming june, i will be playing there but i have no idea how the course is. What should i expect in the course, prepare for bunkers? water? hahaha is it open for visitors?
Thank you!

Last edited by Najibapark on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
snagy23

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 11:03 pm

You need pc or handicap, if not you have to take a swing test.
I think swing test need just buy a basket of balls to warm up.
The ticket for the swing test is valid for 6 mths i think.
if you play any executive course before, this will not be the easiest.
quite a fair bit of water hazards, and you need to be pretty accurate.
Its a good training ground for approach game for your regular 18 hole course.
last week, the hole 9 to pin is about 180-190m, elevated tee box. i saw a friend bomb a 3i to the green. awesome shot.
If you are singaporean do produce your Safra card and you can get some discount.
Back to top Go down
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Najibapark

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 11:16 pm

ahh thank you!!
Back to top Go down
EastCoastHack
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
EastCoastHack

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 7:45 am

It is perhaps the best training ground in the east. Costs less than $30 for weekdays. There is a hole-by-hole review somewhere in here and I have posted the hole distances in the past. Do a search or I can post them again in this thread later.

It is a great place to play often and you can set objectives as you get better at the game, from "dont lose any balls" to "bogey or better every hole off the front tees" to "bogey or better every hole off the back tees" to "birdie 1, 6, and 8."

Highlights:
Hole 3 is the signiture hole. Water hazard.
Hole 6 "tees off" from a bunker. More like hardpan than sand though.
Hole 9 is the longest hole if you play from the back tees. Like snagy23 says its about 180 meters to the center of the green, and the green is below the tee box.

It is well maintained and they move the pins and tee areas around enough that if you play there often you will get to use every iron in your bag. Hole 1, for example, is nominally 90 meters but depending on where the setup is I've used my 48, my P, and my 9i (yes, I swing like a girl. I know, I know.)

Local rules inlcude all water hazards are lateral water hazards, all flower beds are GUR, and I think you can move your ball if it is in the edging of the green and the short grass.

A round there followed by a small bucket at the range using your woods and driver has become my favortite practice routine.

Have fun!

PS: If you forget to bring water there is a drinks machine at the entrance to Air Force which you can see from the entry gate of the Par 3.

Back to top Go down
EastCoastHack
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
EastCoastHack

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 8:02 am

Distances Front/Back tees in meters as per the scorecard. The signboards at the tee box area that show the distances are generally accurate.

1. 83/93
2. 106/115
3. 99/135
4. 118/168
5. 88/108
6. 23/40
7. 130/140
8. 93/103
9. 146/173

Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:55 am

FUll of bunker ... avoid head wind...
Back to top Go down
AhLEM
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
AhLEM

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 12:21 pm

Agree that the course is good for practising approach shot. Need to be accurate. Green is undulating, small and dotted with hazards. Value for money. Swing good putt
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 1:09 pm

AhLEM wrote:
Agree that the course is good for practising approach shot. Need to be accurate. Green is undulating, small and dotted with hazards. Value for money. Swing good putt

When ????
Back to top Go down
AhLEM
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
AhLEM

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 2:32 pm

Full day classes these 2 weeks leh. Will try to... ... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aquaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aquaman

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 8:09 pm

Anyone keen to play this Friday 730am?
Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
snagy23

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:16 pm

aquaman wrote:
Anyone keen to play this Friday 730am?

Hi hi, i am keen aquaman, lets play another game! Smile
Back to top Go down
aquaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aquaman

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 7:19 am

Bro Roy, great, will contact you by phone.

Anyone else interested, can contact via SMS 9698-7800.
Smile
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:21 pm

Yeah, NSRCC is the best place to practice (value for $_$16.05-SAFSA card-wkday) your short game. When I first started playing there, I lost almost 1 ball every hole, and 2 ball @ hole 3 (water Hazard signature) now still lose ball but lesser Liao.

Too bad now that my office shifted to the north (used to be at Changi V), otherwise I would have more time to head down the green whether I can slip off office. Best time to go there is btw 8-10am when there is little to nobody; can practice a couple more ball if no one is behind u.

If you are unsure of how each hole is like, just check the marker at every hole; at least u can have an idea how to play the shot. Enjoy every game, result is secondary.
Back to top Go down
AhLEM
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
AhLEM

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 2:46 pm

Anyone free for a game NSRCC executive tomorrow afternoon? Say, about 2.30pm?
Back to top Go down
chngz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 8:33 pm

Hi- If you don't mind a novice joining you tomorrow.. I'm Free. Msg me 96699924
Back to top Go down
AhLEM
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
AhLEM

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 9:38 pm

Hi Chngz, of course I dun mind. I am still learning as reflected in my status. Will SMS you separately.
Back to top Go down
jonoz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 5:33 pm

Hi there, just wondering if we need to book a flight for a weekend morning golf ? Do they entertain walk ins?
Back to top Go down
56789pgs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 5:36 pm

No bookings. Just walk in. Avoid weekend morning long queue at first tee.
Back to top Go down
nremda
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
nremda

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 6:42 pm

anyone know when this course is closing?
Back to top Go down
chip_munkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
chip_munkie

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 10:37 pm

July 13
Back to top Go down
antegg
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
antegg

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 10:43 am

My favourite practice course in Singapore, value for money, well maintained, and beautiful...  I went there twice or more a week in the past

so sad it is going to be closed soon.
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 8:44 pm

Mid july they will closed 4 or 5 holes for this course but still playable.  The counter girl said price will be adjusted with the few holes course that will lasts till maybe the end of the year or when they need to commence the handing over of the land.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 8:50 pm

This is the best course to train ur short game.

I used to practice there 2-3 times a week when my office is in the east, I really miss the morning walk on the green.
Back to top Go down
BryanSiow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 10:22 pm

It is closing!?!? So sad. Great training ground
Back to top Go down
IceShelterX
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 3:53 pm

Played there on Sunday morning... still open.
I like to play NSRCC par 3 becos of the green. Short game and putting training ground
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)   NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NSRCC PAR 3 EXECUTIVE COURSE (CHANGI)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next