Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Palm villa or palm resort?

Go down 
+33
coe16arg
membina27a
almag69
MrMisty
Gregg Hood
asahi
Duval_S
Vinny
kyleyann
addirk
Khorkar
enwee
identti
leobody
iron eagle
vinjess
dyeosh
IOI Palm Villa Johor
nadt wasikowska
Elephant789
Heiwa
playgolf
spacegolfer
3131T
jeffman88
raccoon80
LeftRightUpDown
mtheseira
Turbo
beehome
Peterpan
jwing
davechew8381
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:44 pm

Considering the Haze situation in the Northern neighbour, even if Palm Villa or Palm Resort offering me at half price, I would prefer to stay put in the Lion City ...
Back to top Go down
leobody
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 1:50 pm

i thought Palm resort weekdays @Rm88 only starts in Aug?
Back to top Go down
identti
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 5:35 pm

yea RM88 every weekday starts in Aug but for month of july, the RM88 only applies every wednesday for all.

for ladies and seniors apparently have promotional rates for other weekdays.

http://www.palmresort.com/weekday-golf-super-deal-promotion-promo-231-72.aspx
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 6:13 pm

This ramandan period best rate had to be pulai spring rm65
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:00 pm

Palm Resort definitely better than Palm Villa as the former has 3 x 18 holes courses plus the condition are pretty decent ...
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:13 pm

Turbo wrote:
Palm Resort definitely better than Palm Villa as the former has 3 x 18 holes courses plus the condition are pretty decent ...

+1.
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:56 am

I would still prefer Palm Resort, beautiful course, buggy, friendliness.

Most of all reasonable price @RM88.00 huat arh!!
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:05 pm

iron eagle wrote:
I would still prefer Palm Resort, beautiful course, buggy, friendliness.

Most of all reasonable price @RM88.00 huat arh!!

Second that! plus great spacious change rooms w full size lockers & jacuzzis n steamrooms
Back to top Go down
addirk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
addirk

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 9:34 pm

Any idea if Palm Resort got caddy? Is it buggy on track?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 10:35 pm

addirk wrote:
Any idea if Palm Resort got caddy? Is it buggy on track?
Palm resort can ask for caddie, but must booked. Played there 2x recently, only allamanda buggy on track the rest buggy on fairway.
Back to top Go down
addirk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
addirk

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 10:47 pm

Thanks enwee, i'm trying to dig up good reviews on their courses. Any recommendations on their degree of difficulty?

1) Allamanda Course
2) Cempaka Course
3) Melati Course
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 10:49 pm

addirk wrote:
Thanks enwee, i'm trying to dig up good reviews on their courses. Any recommendations on their degree of difficulty?

1) Allamanda Course
2) Cempaka Course
3) Melati Course
Cempaka is one of the toughest, as it's a championship course, Melati is the longest but relatively hazard free also a bit like links style, Allamanda is so far i think everyone fav.

Perhaps members can give you their view.
Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kyleyann

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 9:48 am

In terms of difficulty it'll be Cempaka followed by Allamanda then Melati. I think enwee is spot on giving brief descriptions on each course

Cempaka - Most difficult. Hilly and undulating. Shot placement and course management is vital to a good score. Apart from the par 3s, you can't use driver for some of your tee shots. You can't really attack all the par 5s. Signature (least fav) hole for me is probably the is probably the par 5 11th. Blind tee shot, OB left and right, easily 'lost-ball' hole. Par here is a wonderful score for me. Course can be tiring to play on if buggy on track for the day.

Allamanda - Most scenic. Good risk reward course. A couple of drivable par 4s, and a few tricky par 5s you can try for 2 ons. A few challenging greens (e.g., one very steep, and one 3-tiered elevated green, both on par 5s). Signature hole is a drivable par 4 over the lake. Can be very congested and fully booked due especially during weekends due to its popularity. Strictly buggy on track.

Melati - Easiest among the 3. Relatively flat course with fairway bunkers you can attack the greens from. Quite a long course, but usually they allow buggy on fairways. Signature hole is probably the long par 5 15th. 600 over yards from the blue. The only course with the 10th hole not near the club-house. The least crowded course among the 3. Good course for beginners as wayward shots are easier to fine.

Hope the info helps. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 9:17 pm

Played Cempaka couple weeks back, course was well maintained with fairway & greens well manicured. Only setback was that fairway was slightly soft so there wasn't much roll. My flight played off the black tee, so going into the greens for our 2nd shot was mostly with hybrids and fairway woods. As for the Par 3s, mostly fairway woods and driver was used to attack the pin ~ rare and unheard of, but was an interesting experience.........

Beer
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 9:45 pm

just checking ....does Palm villa or resort allow one ball to play?

My std had gone to the drain so badly that I now shy to play with others
Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kyleyann

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 9:55 pm

Duval_S wrote:

My std had gone to the drain so badly that I now shy to play with others..
..In another context, this statement just doesn't sound right.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 9:56 pm

Duval_S wrote:
just checking ....does Palm villa or resort allow one ball to play?

My std had gone to the drain so badly that I now shy to play with others
Shy to let ppl see your new WMDs?

Razz
Back to top Go down
Gregg Hood
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:03 pm

Played Cempaka (Palm Resort) a couple of weeks ago in a works golf day - pretty good course all in all.  Fairways are pretty generous, greens well guarded by bunkers and the greens themselves were in really good condition - not overly fast, but the putts ran true.  Food and drink service was strange - no range of snacks that could be taken onto the course and my takeaway coffee was given in a large plastic container that was too hot to hold and so weak it buckled in the middle!  Minor complaints - golf was good, day was good.
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:29 pm

Gregg Hood wrote:
Played Cempaka (Palm Resort) a couple of weeks ago in a works golf day - pretty good course all in all.  Fairways are pretty generous, greens well guarded by bunkers and the greens themselves were in really good condition - not overly fast, but the putts ran true.  Food and drink service was strange - no range of snacks that could be taken onto the course and my takeaway coffee was given in a large plastic container that was too hot to hold and so weak it buckled in the middle!  Minor complaints - golf was good, day was good.
Overall is ok. Hole 9 & 10 need course management. Cannot attack.
Back to top Go down
MrMisty
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
MrMisty

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi 

Just to check whether Palm Resort still charging $88.00 Ringgit for walk in on weekdays? Or have to book in advance?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
almag69
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 6:21 pm

MrMisty wrote:
Hi 

Just to check whether Palm Resort still charging $88.00 Ringgit for walk in on weekdays? Or have to book in advance?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Yes, just walk in. Just play there last Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 6:27 pm

MrMisty wrote:
Hi 

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Walk in promo RM88
Back to top Go down
Gregg Hood
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 6:44 pm

That is a great price - well worth the money!
Back to top Go down
membina27a
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 7:08 pm

Was there 2 months back on a weekday. Still RM88. The toilet is marvellous.
Back to top Go down
MrMisty
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
MrMisty

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 7:23 pm

Great! Thanks for the info. Probably gg next Tuesday.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Palm villa or palm resort?   Palm villa or palm resort? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Palm villa or palm resort?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next