Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is an Appropriate Response?

Go down 
+37
TimLai
blee67
Kookk
mUAr_cHEe
danielleecm
Turbo
bogeyman72
audi
Technospaz
beehome
Khorkar
Bangla123
krone
simon1982
enwee
Gofnut
escyb
coconutz
buzz1211
andrew-golf
bryanachong
sob
poresia
skybobo
Duval_S
slinger
crayon33
kamen
volkswagenboy
Shwong2003
slash
haragolfer
robert33
cybermambo
DLWL
hkhamateur
pocketace
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 10:49 pm

andrew-golf wrote:

The lousy attitude golfer is in his 50s and wears a cap with fake hair on top

i also got those cap with fake hair leh.... but mine is blonde hor

but cannot be me lah.... cos i always borrow fairway, seldom on my fairway

What a Face What a Face
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 10:51 pm

If only, if NIKE can generously sponsor all players on course their new COVERT driver, then u ll hve all sayg 'SORRY' to each other liao! Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:15 pm

hkhamateur wrote:
If only, if NIKE can generously sponsor all players on course their new COVERT driver, then u ll hve all sayg 'SORRY' to each other liao! Razz Razz

Haha good 1.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:25 pm

slinger wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:

The lousy attitude golfer is in his 50s and wears a cap with fake hair on top

i also got those cap with fake hair leh.... but mine is blonde hor

but cannot be me lah.... cos i always borrow fairway, seldom on my fairway

What a Face What a Face

Slinger. I'm sure u r more stylo milo with that on ya!
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:33 pm

sob wrote:
I remember once I almost hit Bro Haragolfer when my second shot sliced and bounce off the buggy track to where he was teeing off.

Went over to apologized immediately, but he so steady never scold me. Rolling Eyes

apologize so fast, i cannot be outdone in steadiness mah. Any way if there is any doubt ever, i apologize first. shake hands if possible. I really hit one fella before at the long par four kranji on the back nine. I sliced a 3 wood into next fairway, i shouted so loud, not knowing if anyone was there.

They heard me, but, in their own words, too late. hit someone in the thigh, hard! i felt so bad, he was limping. No tempers were frayed, i apologized profusely, he said he heard me. we exchanged names and numbers in case of claims.

my game was shit after that from guilt. When you actually hit someone, unless you like hurting people. It will affect you, at least for me. I shudder to think if the ball was higher or lower, if it hit the head instead..... whew ! Lucky the guy was ok after that.
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 10:37 am

I was once hit by a stray golf ball whilst preparing to tee off. A guy teeing off on the par 3 that I had just completed pulled his tee shot and the ball hit me on my back between my shoulder blades. Good thing it missed my head/spine. I did not hear him shout and was not certain if he did shout. The guy came over and appeared too embarrassed to apologise and contritely asked if I liked to keep the ball??? It was an old ball, ha ha. I guess he thought I might like to keep it as a souvenir. On second thought, maybe I should have! As no real damage was suffered, I let the matter passed. But if the guy does not show any remose, I strongly feel we should report such golfers and get them suspended for the safety of other golfers. We should not let the minority spoil the enjoyment of the game by the majority.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 10:41 am

Well you should ask him if he did shout?
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 10:51 am

Lucky u didnt ask him if he shout bcos most golfers didnt shout loud enough or word if they came n said " I shouted already! ". Most think as long as they shout means its ok that they hit someone or their ball landed near other golfers.
Back to top Go down
simon1982
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
simon1982

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:18 am

Once tried to hit with a hybrid to try to get near to the green left distance maybe I think about
200m (my hy distance maybe the max 160 to 170m) waited for the front flight to clear and they walk out already.

Practice swing and swing but suddenly my swing causes the ball go to left towards the buggy track where the front flight maybe at but still short of the distance. Shouted to warn the front flight just in case.

Went to search ball, find the front flight waiting for me.
Straight away apologise but kenna scolding till like no tomorrow

"How I noe where your ball come from even you shouted"
"you know is dangerous and you could have killed me"

Needless to say after the scolding my next hole game sux to core.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:23 am

simon1982 wrote:
Once tried to hit with a hybrid to try to get near to the green left distance maybe I think about
200m (my hy distance maybe the max 160 to 170m) waited for the front flight to clear and they walk out already.

Practice swing and swing but suddenly my swing causes the ball go to left towards the buggy track where the front flight maybe at but still short of the distance. Shouted to warn the front flight just in case.

Went to search ball, find the front flight waiting for me.
Straight away apologise but kenna scolding till like no tomorrow

"How I noe where your ball come from even you shouted"
"you know is dangerous and you could have killed me"

Needless to say after the scolding my next hole game sux to core.

they will have no case against u if they file a compliant to the DC.....
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:58 am

Why no case?
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 1:02 pm

[quote="buzz1211"]Agreed with bro crayon. They will never learn otherwise. I've had my fair share of experiences too:
1) Driver went right and borrowed fairway at RCC Palm. About to hit my ball when flight turns up barking that it is his ball. Point out my markings and showed him the other ball in my pocket with same marking. He told me to spend more time at the range instead of playing on the course. Then he hits my ball.

you should have told him to spend some time with his parents to learn some manners
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 1:15 pm

i marked my ball with the initials of my name. unless the shared same initials, or else they can never claim its their ball. ridiculous!
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 1:27 pm

poresia wrote:
Why no case?

1) front flight has cleared the green n walked off

2) the hitter has already shouted "fore"

the golf course does not belong to that flight alone...

the ball striker has already done his part... except he cant control where his ball wanna go
Back to top Go down
krone
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 1:27 pm

2 wks ago when me and my other 3 friends were playing at Horizon Hill, we were behind a 3-ball flight and when a 2-ball flight pulled up behind us, we decided to let them pass. Mid-way thru the game, they must have moved quite forward as we did not see neither the 2-ball or the 3-ball flights. However, on one particular hole, after 2 of us had teed off, I noticed the top of a buggy just ahead of where my friends were hittin their shots. I immediately asked them to stop hitting while I went abit further ahead to check. The 2-ball flight was really there and we immediately went up to say sorry. After that, our caddy told us that their caddy told her that they were so bored waiting for the flight in front to finish that they turned back to play another hole which was the hole that we met them. Hard to say who is wrong and who is right but I know we almost hit them and the right thing to do was to apologies for it.
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 6:40 pm

slinger wrote:
poresia wrote:
Why no case?

the ball striker has already done his part... except he cant control where his ball wanna go

Not sure what you guys are talking about. But you have to wait for the flight to clear the green and drive off to the next hole before you proceed with your shot.
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 6:41 pm

krone wrote:
2 wks ago when me and my other 3 friends were playing at Horizon Hill, we were behind a 3-ball flight and when a 2-ball flight pulled up behind us, we decided to let them pass. Mid-way thru the game, they must have moved quite forward as we did not see neither the 2-ball or the 3-ball flights. However, on one particular hole, after 2 of us had teed off, I noticed the top of a buggy just ahead of where my friends were hittin their shots. I immediately asked them to stop hitting while I went abit further ahead to check. The 2-ball flight was really there and we immediately went up to say sorry. After that, our caddy told us that their caddy told her that they were so bored waiting for the flight in front to finish that they turned back to play another hole which was the hole that we met them. Hard to say who is wrong and who is right but I know we almost hit them and the right thing to do was to apologies for it.

Obviously the two ball is in the wrong. That is why time sheet is so important, it helps you gauge the pace of play better
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:10 pm

This is why I never recommend 4 newbies go on course together because most of the time they cannot really judge whether will they hit the flight in front or not.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:30 pm

A true story. You know fairway grass mower driven by workers. My buddy hit one of them fellers and fortunately, it hit the feller stomach. He is a big fat guy. The worker was driving one and came down and at the same spot my buddy's ball stray towards. And smacked, you hear it far away at 220m. It was loud. We shouted and hailed at him. He didnt listen and why, he was wearing headset with his music on.

What do you do? Quickly rush over, checked that he is ok and he is not hurt. Apologize and made sure he is alright. He was lucky to be alive

Last edited by Khorkar on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 8:31 pm

Bangla123 wrote:
slinger wrote:
poresia wrote:
Why no case?

Not sure what you guys are talking about. But you have to wait for the flight to clear the green and drive off to the next hole before you proceed with your shot.

thats what i meant....

but to give an example.... kranji hole 15 and hole 16, the 2 long par 4s

hole 15 green is pretty close to hole 16 tee box, i was on 1 occasion hit by a ball from hole 15 while i was standing at hole 16 tee box, i heard the shout but too late, hit me on the chest, but i dun fault the guy for dangerous play, cos i know its not his fault as he has waited for us to leave the green n walk to hole 16.....SHIT happens
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Bangla123

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Poor thing, and your golf is still so good despite that.
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 9:31 pm

tt is y kranji got fight mah last year. Anyone knows what happened to those goons?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 9:47 pm

Bangla123 wrote:
Poor thing, and your golf is still so good despite that.

Bangla! Where have you been?
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:45 pm

No matter how wrong it is, the person that hit the stray balls should apologize, it is the right thing to do.
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:27 am

some people just don't accept apologies.. even after you have apologise, they will still continue nag at you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is an Appropriate Response?   What is an Appropriate Response? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is an Appropriate Response?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next