Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji

Go down 
+8
flamer0454
MadScientist
enwee
andrew-golf
hardrock
slinger
shimizu.toruk
pakleow
12 posters
AuthorMessage
pakleow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
pakleow

Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji Empty
PostSubject: Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji   Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 9:27 pm

Hi, unless I have something I cannot change, I play most Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji.

Anyone is welcome to join me. I play for fun, social golf not serious golf but I am a decent player. I dont drive far, maybe 170 and once in awhile 200 - too old liao Laughing but dont be mistaken because I can compete in short game Twisted Evil As a senior-age, I prefer white tee but ok to play blue if all my partners are good and vote to do so, but I do resist if people who cant dive 170 and score over 100 but want to play blue - I think they mess other people's game especially the flight behind.

I am also known as the fisherman of Kranji tongue as I sometimes do fish in between shots when play is slow. Purely catch and release.

I am a very fast player but its ok if you are slow, no issue at all. I communicate with the wild fowls, appreciate the nature around the course while waiting for my flight mates

So if you like to join me, whether you are a mamber or not, just let me know, best to PM me - Nope I cant get you special price, the cost is at the website, but I can show you some golf tricks and help you managed the course which can cut quite a few strokes of your score.

Lets be HAPPY HAPPY and GOLF (Gane Of Lure Fishing? Go On Let's Fish?) drunken
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji   Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 9:32 pm

Wow, you mean you can manage to fish while playing? Is it a case a really many fishes there or the play is unbelievably slow? Smile

And I'm presuming this is not fishing for golf balls right?
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji   Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 9:40 pm

so u are that Fisherman of Kranji...

heard a lot about u...

hope to meet u someday...
Back to top Go down
pakleow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
pakleow

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji   Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 9:44 pm

No lah bro, I am a scratch player in fishing (not golf hor). In my group we have this little friendly wager at halfway house.

If I dont catch a decent fish (at least half a kilo) within 2 minutes, I pay the drinks for the rest of flight. If I do, they pay for my drink. If I catch within 1 minute, they pay for my curry puff and banana Twisted Evil

So good odds right? Lai leh lai leh!

Hmmm, nobody seems to want to have a wager with me leh....maybe they pity me as a semi-retired person...
Back to top Go down
pakleow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
pakleow

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji   Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 9:46 pm

slinger wrote:
so u are that Fisherman of Kranji...

heard a lot about u...

hope to meet u someday...

Yes bro, golfer, fisherman, ball picker (average 6 nice balls per game since got nothing to do), and now learning the latest craze that is happening, taming the water fouls such that they eat from your hands Wink
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji   Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 9:55 pm

Heard abt you too...
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji   Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 10:32 pm

Pak leow

I said hello to u before at kranji

U r behind my flight and as we r leaving the island par 3, we saw u with your catch. Haha

Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji   Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 10:40 pm

pakleow wrote:
No lah bro, I am a scratch player in fishing (not golf hor). In my group we have this little friendly wager at halfway house.

If I dont catch a decent fish (at least half a kilo) within 2 minutes, I pay the drinks for the rest of flight. If I do, they pay for my drink. If I catch within 1 minute, they pay for my curry puff and banana Twisted Evil

So good odds right? Lai leh lai leh!

Hmmm, nobody seems to want to have a wager with me leh....maybe they pity me as a semi-retired person...

Very interesting! Hope to meet you one day at Kranji and witness your fishing prowess! Smile
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji   Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 10:47 pm

So where is the best place to fish in kranji? I often see the water so empty leh.
Back to top Go down
MadScientist
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji   Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 11:36 pm

Wow... The most amazing post I've seen here.

Walking urban legend!
Back to top Go down
flamer0454
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
flamer0454

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji   Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 12:00 am

If not wrong, Pak Leow fishes just before Kranji Hole 5, the shortest par 3 at Kranji.
Back to top Go down
pakleow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
pakleow

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji   Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 6:24 am

Haha looks can be deceiving...lots of fishes all over but hole 5 par 3 is where people see becoz of 2 happenings; bet on halfway house and hole 13 have a clear view Smile Hole 1, hole 3 is very good as well. Hole 10/17 fishes seems to be panicky buy do getthem once awhile...
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji   Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:05 pm

pakleow, how r u? I have played with u b4 - join flight. You really amazes me with your fishing.

To jog your memory, I am the one that sells fishing nets but do not know how to fish with a rod and line. haha!

You should find someplace that we can go and bbq the fish you caught right after the game. Free lunch. C u around. U make Kranji a more interesting place. cheers
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji   Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:57 am

if pakleow is who I think he is, then pakleow fishing damm good... and fast (wun hold up the back flight one). Throw hook without bait, make the fish pissed off, fish bite book like a dog, and up it comes. Best of all, as the hook has been trimmed off (thus not sharp), the fish goes back to the pond unhurt (unless if it is big enough for the half-way house)... real joy to watch.

As for the wager... I remember I paid for drinks as you said 3 tries, got fish, buy drinks (@ Kranji, Par 3, 5th hole). You got one in the 3rd try...

Too bad I broke my back, else, sure would love to have a game again together with PakLeow...

Back to top Go down
pakleow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
pakleow

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji   Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 6:13 am

Heh heh thx for the compliments... always a pleasure to play with you guys and make the most value from the time and $$$ bounce However, I know not everyone likes it especially those very serious golfers so I do refrain from ball picking and fishing if they show any signs of unhappiness Sad

March School Holidays, anyone wants to play Pulai Spring let me know. I am a member and can sign you in, let me know.. will be there for the week but on weekdays only. thx
Back to top Go down
slash
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji   Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:13 am

Good thing about playing with pakleow is that he does not hold anyone up even when he fish because he plays so fast.

Typical shot routine:
(1) Walks to ball
(2) Looks at target
(3) Address
(4) Shoot ( yeah, no practice swing! Done in 5 seconds! )
(5) ....... Proceeds to fish...

My demoralizing experience:
(1) He tees off 200++++++ meters
(2) I tee off (distance too embarasing to say)
(3) I proceed to play ping pong left and right
(4) He caught 3 fish when I reached his ball

Back to top Go down
billi
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
billi

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji   Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:18 am

Nice golfer .play with him once 9 holes .
Same front jam .he fish .powerfull fast catch
Back to top Go down
pakleow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
pakleow

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji   Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 12:32 pm

slash wrote:
Good thing about playing with pakleow is that he does not hold anyone up even when he fish because he plays so fast.

Typical shot routine:
(1) Walks to ball
(2) Looks at target
(3) Address
(4) Shoot ( yeah, no practice swing! Done in 5 seconds! )
(5) ....... Proceeds to fish...

My demoralizing experience:
(1) He tees off 200++++++ meters
(2) I tee off (distance too embarasing to say)
(3) I proceed to play ping pong left and right
(4) He caught 3 fish when I reached his ball

Its been too long since we last played...Shot routine, still the same...demoralizing experience, rubber band no more elastic. Muscle old liao...200 tee off is the past. Now lucky to get 180 meters.

Fishes still catch, but nowadays catch more balls. I go driving range brining my own balls that I pick up - Heh heh... I rinse them with the soap /shampoo I put in golf cart. When I reach home, I bring them to swim with me in the pool and it gets real clean from the clorinated water bounce When you free, come to Kranji Tues and Thursday and we can play. If you free this PM we can do 9 holes in the evening lah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji   Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tuesday and Thursday morning at Kranji
Page 1 of 1