Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings

Go down 
+9
poresia
chien
Duval_S
guy013
golfool2009
markdylan
billi
coe16arg
tonyj5
13 posters
AuthorMessage
tonyj5
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings Empty
PostSubject: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 4:17 pm

Honda LPGA Thailand Preview
Congratulations goes out to Jiyai Shin for winning the first tournament of the 2013 season. Jiyai held off a charging Yani Tseng to capture the ISPS Women's Australian Open. The Constructivist's full recap can be found here.

The tour moves to Thailand this week for the playing of the Honda LPGA Thailand.

This will be tournament #2 of 28 this year.

Don't be fooled by the fact that this is a limited field event. This will be one of the strongest fields you will see all year for a non-major event, 18 of the top 20 ladies on this week's Rolex Rankings will be teeing it up. Even more impressive than that, 56 of the top 60 ladies on the LPGA Priority List will be in attendance. My strength of field rating is 80%. Way up from last week's 49.5%.

Here are the key details:

http://mlyhlss.blogspot.com/2013/02/honda-lpga-thailand-preview.html
Back to top Go down
tonyj5
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 12:53 am

Here are the pairings for the first 2 rounds:

http://tinyurl.com/ag95o5m
Back to top Go down
tonyj5
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 1:43 pm

Here are the leaders after round 1:

1-Stacy Lewis -9
2- Karine Icher -6
3- C. Matthew -5
3- Amy Yang -5
3- Inbee Park -5
3- Gerina Piller -5
7- Beatriz Recari -4
7- S.Y. Ryu -4
7- Lizette Salas -4
10- Ai Miyazato -3
10- Karrie Webb -3
10- Angela Stanford -3
10- Lydia Ko -3
10- 4 others

Other notable scores:
Jiyai Shin -2
Azahara Munoz -2
Lexi Thompson -1
Suzann Pettersen -1
Cristie Kerr -1
Michelle Wie +2
Natalie Gulbis +3
Paula Creamer +4
Cheyenne Woods +5

Back to top Go down
tonyj5
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 2:41 pm

Here are the leaders after round 3:

1 Ariya Jutanugarn -11 F
2 Beatriz Recari -8 F
2 Se Ri Pak -8 F
2 Stacy Lewis -8 F
5 Inbee Park -7 F
6 Lizette Salas -6 F
6 So Yeon Ryu -6 F
8 Shanshan Feng -5 F
8 Gerina Piller -5 F
8 Na Yeon Choi -5 F
11 Catriona Matthew -4 F
11 Amy Yang -4 F
13 Angela Stanford -3 F
13 Ayako Uehara -3 F
13 Nicole Castrale -3 F
13 Mi Jung Hur -3 F
13 Lexi Thompson -3 F
13 Jiyai Shin -3 F
Back to top Go down
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 6:01 pm

Unbelieveable outcome at the 72nd hole!

Congrats to Inbee Park, but the whole of Thailand must be in shock over how Ariya made a mess of the last hole.
Back to top Go down
billi
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
billi

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 6:12 pm

What a waste .the caddie shld not give her the wood .sighn...
Back to top Go down
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 6:25 pm

Would you say this is the caddie's fault or player's fault?
Back to top Go down
billi
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
billi

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 6:28 pm

coe16arg wrote:
Would you say this is the caddie's fault or player's fault?

Too me caddie!s fault. Even the commentator say that.
Personal thgt ya.
Back to top Go down
markdylan
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
markdylan

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 6:31 pm

omg..i m in shock too..heart pain..just like Phil Mickleson throw away his US open champonship few yra back..haiz..
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 6:58 pm

Came home just in time to catch the last hole and it was incredibly heart-breaking.....such bad luck for the ball to be plucked in the bunker and from there it was clear that the nerves just took over....hopefully, it won't scar her for life....

6 to win, 7 for a playoff and she scores an 8...that's just tough....
Back to top Go down
guy013
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
guy013

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 8:47 pm

I was watching until 17 hole then went to work feeling happy for her.

Until I read the news reports. Felt very bad for her. Not sure when she get another chance to win in her homeland.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:35 pm

In the midst of Ariya, again Yani showed she really goes low on final round.....

Looks like if she can get another somewhat similar round earlier, she will be winning quite a few tourneys
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 10:11 pm

Actually I didn't really follow what's happening.. I was more concerned about my coach who's playing there.. Only saw her play in the tournament on tv, and my eyes were only on how well she was hitting the ball...

She's been my inspiration, I have learned so much from my coach...

Jessica Korda has helped me shape my game.. She'll allways be one of my greatest coach, on Golf Channel...

Well done Jessica !

cheers

Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 10:27 pm

I was surprised that she used a wood for her 2nd shot. She should have used a long iron and lay up and get to green in 3 and 2 putts to win by 1-2 strokes.
Wonder did caddy advise her to use wood?

Think she was on cloud nine and want to win in style.
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 11:46 pm

Looking at where the ball plugged....one more foot and she would have been putting for birdie.....this was hard to watch.....a chance to win in front of her countrymen......the look on her sister's face was very painful....
Back to top Go down
BruiseLee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 2:02 am

poresia wrote:
I was surprised that she used a wood for her 2nd shot. She should have used a long iron and lay up and get to green in 3 and 2 putts to win by 1-2 strokes.
Wonder did caddy advise her to use wood?

Think she was on cloud nine and want to win in style.

Maybe Ariya and her caddy didn't know that they were 2 up going into the last hole? Possible?

For me, it's twice disappointment in consecutive weeks, was rooting for Lydia last weekend and Ariya this (Ha. I always like SYTs. Just joking. Must support the younger ones as they are the future). Hopefully, Ariya will learn from this expensive lesson and practise more caution even when she is leading.

Coming week at the HSBC Women's Open, I will be supporting our very own, Christabel Goh. Go Christabel go!!!
Back to top Go down
tonyj5
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 7:44 am

Not sure I have ever seen anything like that. Jutanugarn needed a 7 on the last hole, and made an 8.

All she needed to do is lay up. Why go for the green in 2, with a two stroke lead on the final hole?

Her caddy should be fired.

Final results:

1 Inbee Park -12 F
2 Ariya Jutanugarn -11 F
3 Yani Tseng -10 F
3 So Yeon Ryu -10 F
3 Stacy Lewis -10 F
3 Beatriz Recari -10 F
7 Na Yeon Choi -9 F
8 Shanshan Feng -8 F
8 Lizette Salas -8 F
10 In-Kyung Kim -7 F
10 Gerina Piller -7 F
12 Lexi Thompson -6 F
12 Amy Yang -6 F
14 a-Lydia Ko -5 F
14 Jessica Korda -5 F
14 Nicole Castrale -5 F
14 Jiyai Shin -5 F
14 Catriona Matthew -5 F
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:36 am

it was very painful to watch.

it was such a roller coaster round for her. first losing the lead, then regaining it with an incredible and improbable hole in 1, only to lose it in similarly incredible and improbable fashion with her ball plugged in the lip of the bunker

but her final missed putt, which would have gotten her into the playoff had nothing to do with luck or the lack of it. just pure nerves.

hope she bounces back strongly from this
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:45 am

the girls is young and does not really give 2 hoots about anything. thats her style. but i am sure she should still be hurting in some ways. she has a team behind her since she is young and if she practice "note and ease" she will be ok.

she has her sights set on finishing top 5 but it was a great week for her except for the last hole in the tournament. its cruel but thats the game of golf.

here's Ariya in Sg....

Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings 8504981431_57822febb0
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:48 am

Nice LV !

Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:52 am

chien wrote:
Nice LV !

The real deal, not from MBK!
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 11:01 am

pocketace wrote:
chien wrote:
Nice LV !

The real deal, not from MBK!

lol!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 11:11 am

Nice OT...i wonder when will someone mention Chin Bee Chin.......thats the best toast in town. Kaya and bread made at premises, owner operated and the grouchy shop assistant adds to the unique flavour........
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 11:16 am

oh her caddy is "borrowed" from an asian tour player....he probably was too engrossed in the moment and have failed in his duty. he also do not know the player well and hence may not have made the important judgement call.

as for firing, he got earful from the family and other people in entourage.

DGman
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 11:29 am

DGman wrote:
oh her caddy is "borrowed" from an asian tour player....he probably was too engrossed in the moment and have failed in his duty. he also do not know the player well and hence may not have made the important judgement call.

as for firing, he got earful from the family and other people in entourage.

DGman

She needs a caddy here in Sgp ?? Laughing (me me me)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings   Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honda LPGA Thailand Preview & Pairings
Page 1 of 1