Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where to get golf shoes?

Go down 
+4
enwee
abadan
Technospaz
excursive
8 posters
AuthorMessage
excursive
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Where to get golf shoes? Empty
PostSubject: Where to get golf shoes?   Where to get golf shoes? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 11:58 am

Any recommendations to get decent golf shoes? Need to get a pair to go on course in Batam. Still taking beginner lessons so I'm not looking to spend that much.. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Where to get golf shoes?   Where to get golf shoes? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 11:59 am

Golf House, Transview and Pan West are good bets.

For discounts, head to FESC or Golf Bargains Smile
Back to top Go down
excursive
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get golf shoes?   Where to get golf shoes? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 12:55 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Golf House, Transview and Pan West are good bets.

For discounts, head to FESC or Golf Bargains Smile

Thanks for the info.. Any particular brands I could pick out? I observe quite a lot of Adidas shoes while at the driving range..
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Where to get golf shoes?   Where to get golf shoes? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 1:03 pm

I personally prefer adidas to other brands. Ever since my first pair of Adipure, i can't look at anything else. The leather is top notch. comfort wise walking 18 holes no problem. but they're abit heavy. the 10 spike configuration provides excellent grip.

you can find them on sale with limited sizes at novena sq (velocity). $130 for $300 shoes i think damn worth it. cus they will last you a looooong time.

There are also alot of good deals at golf direct. decent shoes under $100. but i've had my fair experience of buying cheap shoes.. they won't last very long.

so my advise.. invest in a good, lasting pair. Smile
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Where to get golf shoes?   Where to get golf shoes? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 1:07 pm

abadan wrote:
I personally prefer adidas to other brands. Ever since my first pair of Adipure, i can't look at anything else. The leather is top notch. comfort wise walking 18 holes no problem. but they're abit heavy. the 10 spike configuration provides excellent grip.

you can find them on sale with limited sizes at novena sq (velocity). $130 for $300 shoes i think damn worth it. cus they will last you a looooong time.

There are also alot of good deals at golf direct. decent shoes under $100. but i've had my fair experience of buying cheap shoes.. they won't last very long.

so my advise.. invest in a good, lasting pair. Smile
I agree, Adipure is still the best among shoes, during recent Adidas sales, the sales was trying to persuade me to buy a new pair of the crossflex, but he heard I got adipure already he know i'll not buy because too lasting.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Where to get golf shoes?   Where to get golf shoes? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 1:28 pm

I too like Adidas shoes but I had a pair of Nikes which I got from the Golf Punk game and they're pretty darn good too!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Where to get golf shoes?   Where to get golf shoes? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 1:36 pm

I think ECCO and FJ golf shoes are good ... Some of the Adidas models are not very comfy especially for walking courses as they can be heavy ... I owned both the Adipure and 360 Tour Ltd models.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Where to get golf shoes?   Where to get golf shoes? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 1:45 pm

So far, I wore Adidas, FJ, Ecco, Tourstage, Callaway.

The worst experience so far is the Tourstage and Callaway, perhaps it's too old model, Tourstage after few games the soles drop off. Callaway better still before the game start all the studs wore out, within 1 year the sole come off as well. Ecco is comfortable but price on the high side. IMHO, if you wanna play this game for a long time, get a good pair of shoes. I'm using the Adipure for course and Adicross for range, only wore the Adicross for course once which was 2 wks ago. Comfort wise, Adipure win hands down. Yes, Adipure is ex, many would say but wait until the Adidas sales, you'll get good price for it. If you still not willing to spend on the Adipure, you can consider the Tour 360 series as well, according to the Adidas sales, it's made like the Adipure except Adipure is full leather and 360 is not.

Fyi, not sure abt dan, up till now my studs for Adipure still yet to be change despite I wore it for almost 2 years liao.
Back to top Go down
cmxcmx
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get golf shoes?   Where to get golf shoes? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 1:55 pm

Can get adidas shoes from imm outlet. Pretty cheap and last time got 50% for second pair also nt sure if promotion still on.
Back to top Go down
excursive
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get golf shoes?   Where to get golf shoes? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 2:10 pm

Thanks for the great info so far.. But is the Adipure only for men? Female here Very Happy Plus, I've relatively small feet, so even if it's unisex i'm not sure the smallest size will fit me Sad Shall be heading to velocity tonight to check the shops out
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Where to get golf shoes?   Where to get golf shoes? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 2:13 pm

excursive wrote:
Thanks for the great info so far.. But is the Adipure only for men? Female here Very Happy Plus, I've relatively small feet, so even if it's unisex i'm not sure the smallest size will fit me Sad Shall be heading to velocity tonight to check the shops out
Why not try the new Adizero.
Back to top Go down
excursive
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get golf shoes?   Where to get golf shoes? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 2:16 pm

enwee wrote:
excursive wrote:
Why not try the new Adizero.

Looks good too. I'm checking out their online store now..
Back to top Go down
excursive
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get golf shoes?   Where to get golf shoes? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 2:19 pm

By the way, where's golf direct ah?
Back to top Go down
je7170
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get golf shoes?   Where to get golf shoes? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 2:37 pm

GD Midview City has one pair going at S$19.00
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: Where to get golf shoes?   Where to get golf shoes? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 4:11 pm

oh if you're female then i think much easier to get size. The adidas outlet has some ladies golf shoes on sale. the puma outlet also have but more ex. and not as good as adidas.

Adidas has recently launched quite a few spikeless shoes for women. But about $150. unless u know someone in adidas.
Back to top Go down
Ngn52
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get golf shoes?   Where to get golf shoes? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 10:03 am

Nike golf shoe is not so reliable, I ever buy one but only last for 1 year, now my Adida 360 2 still perfect, and I once buy FJ, not bad too! at least they're lasting for at least 2 years. Nike always open mouth Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Where to get golf shoes?   Where to get golf shoes? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 11:19 am

excursive wrote:

GD has 3 outlets - Kaki Bukit (Enterprise Bldg), Bishan (Mid View City Bldg) and Commonwealth (opp. Commonwealth MRT Stn and within the used carmart).

Try the Adidas warehouse store at Velocity as you may get good bargain. I believe the golf sales at Taka mall still on ... check it up!

cheers
Back to top Go down
excursive
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get golf shoes?   Where to get golf shoes? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 3:13 pm

Turbo wrote:
excursive wrote:

GD has 3 outlets - Kaki Bukit (Enterprise Bldg), Bishan (Mid View City Bldg) and Commonwealth (opp. Commonwealth MRT Stn and within the used carmart).

Try the Adidas warehouse store at Velocity as you may get good bargain. I believe the golf sales at Taka mall still on ... check it up!

cheers

Thanks! Any idea what's the opening hours for the GD at Bishan? I can't find their contact number to call up. Went there yesterday but it was closed already...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Where to get golf shoes?   Where to get golf shoes? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 5:27 pm

excursive wrote:
Turbo wrote:
excursive wrote:

cheers

Thanks! Any idea what's the opening hours for the GD at Bishan? I can't find their contact number to call up. Went there yesterday but it was closed already...

I think they should open for business at 11AM but u can call them at 66848370 for confirmation ... GD has FJ ladies models which look quite nice to me ...
Back to top Go down
excursive
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Where to get golf shoes?   Where to get golf shoes? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 6:21 pm

Turbo wrote:
excursive wrote:
Turbo wrote:
excursive wrote:

cheers

I think they should open for business at 11AM but u can call them at 66848370 for confirmation ... GD has FJ ladies models which look quite nice to me ...

Called them already, thank you thank you thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to get golf shoes?   Where to get golf shoes? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where to get golf shoes?
Page 1 of 1