Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open

Go down 
+3
Khorkar
S70B
DGman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open Empty
PostSubject: Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open   Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 1:00 pm

well the player did not physically come, but his putter arrived at our doorstep via the courtesy black BM 740 limo.

we were asked to increase his current putter Odyssey #2 (a tour issued black series full milled) from 36 to 36.5 inch. good thing we have the black out Pingman too cos thats what he asked for.

i guess you will not see the yellow Grip Master on his mallet Odyssey at round 3 today.

DGman

PS - sorry no photo
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open   Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 2:02 pm

EE?
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open   Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 2:06 pm

S70B,
Wow, you can actually tell with that bits of info.... Not bad huh...
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open   Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 2:09 pm

Not too difficult to guess as I try and follow all the top players' WITB quite regularly. Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open Icon_wink

Thats the club of players I always try and catch a glimpse of everytime I watch a tournament.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open   Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 6:09 pm

right on Rex...

another surprise visit...Prom Meesawat just came to have fun and pit his skills against "i' on the TrackMan.

looks like limo coming again with a bend 8 iron....trouble is where to find Rifle 6.5 at this time.

DGman
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open   Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 9:08 pm

EE's putter was refitted by DGMan? Awesome!!
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open   Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 10:18 pm

It is EE, saw him with those two putters by his side during the pre-tourney interview.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open   Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 10:21 pm

I think I might have heard the story about the bent 8 iron, got wrapped around a tree ala tiger woods. Caddie advised against the shot, but player said he could get to the ball before the tree got to his club. Wasted effort and shaft cos the ball hit another tree and stayed in the rough.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open   Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:30 pm

Technospaz wrote:
EE's putter was refitted by DGMan? Awesome!!

EE putted poorly in the final round. If not, he might be in contention.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open   Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:49 am

Even for a top player, his backside has also the same type of itchiness like the rest of us. Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open Icon_lol

He has putted poorly for a few years now no matter what putter he has put in play. Pity cos I love to see him win more.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open   Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:31 am

Yeah, his putting has failed him for some time. That's too bad. He should give Yes! putters a try Smile
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open   Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:50 am

i was going to sneak him a Zen but he is contracted to use Odyssey.

the difference at that level is finding birdies and not par.

DGman
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open   Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:27 am

DGman wrote:
i was going to sneak him a Zen but he is contracted to use Odyssey.

the difference at that level is finding birdies and not par.

DGman

You are right, DGMan. At their level, pars are not ideal. Birdies are what they want. While being contracted is good in that you get good putters (and customized prototypes) sent your way, you ultimately are bound to stick with that company for contractual reasons.

Golf has its own patents too and if another golf company has the patents to a better putter, you can't break away even though you may feel that the other putter performs better for you.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open   Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:30 am

yeah the first time the Zen was introduce into US many years back. Jesper P. use it and won the same week, then his contracted brand stop him from doing so.

cest la vie.

DGman
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open   Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:53 am

I am a little surprised that Ian Poulter is using a RIFE putter and not a Scotty since he endorsed Acushnet equipment. Though I have heard about RIFE putter but it is not very common both in the PRO and social golf scene.

Anyone here can shed some light on this putter?
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open   Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:59 am

quite a few tour players is using Rife ... was watching GC last night and saw the players using Rife ... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open   Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Surprise visit by leading player at Barclays Open
Page 1 of 1