Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings from Shanghai

Go down 
+2
TigaWood
browncow
6 posters
AuthorMessage
browncow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Greetings from Shanghai Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Shanghai   Greetings from Shanghai I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 1:50 am

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum and new to golf. Hoping to make new friends (especially if there are any Singaporean golfers in this forum who are based in Shanghai) and learn more about golf here.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shanghai   Greetings from Shanghai I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:35 am

Welcome to GR, I'm going Shanghai in Dec. hope it's not too cold there!
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
stingray
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shanghai   Greetings from Shanghai I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 10:35 am

@browncow Keep in touch. I travel frequently to Shanghai for work. Perhaps we'll get in some rounds in 2013.
Back to top Go down
browncow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shanghai   Greetings from Shanghai I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:30 pm

TigaWood wrote:
Welcome to GR, I'm going Shanghai in Dec. hope it's not too cold there!

the coats and scarves are already out now so it's only going to get worse when december hits. pale
Back to top Go down
browncow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shanghai   Greetings from Shanghai I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:32 pm

stingray wrote:
@browncow Keep in touch. I travel frequently to Shanghai for work. Perhaps we'll get in some rounds in 2013.

Sure! But do you really want to be seen with someone who can barely make 60% of his swings cleanly at the range? Haha.
Back to top Go down
Happy Feet
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shanghai   Greetings from Shanghai I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:48 pm

Quote :
browncow wrote:
stingray wrote:

Sure! But do you really want to be seen with someone who can barely make 60% of his swings cleanly at the range? Haha.

all these means is that you are not a range pro.....believe me, its a good thing
Back to top Go down
stingray
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shanghai   Greetings from Shanghai I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:57 pm

@browncow So long as you can enjoy the game and observe basic etiquette, I think that's more than half the battle won. : )
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shanghai   Greetings from Shanghai I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 10:11 pm

@ Browncow, Welcome to GR. So you are 黄 牛 ?
Back to top Go down
browncow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shanghai   Greetings from Shanghai I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:00 am

Slicer51 wrote:

Hello! Haha, I wish I am such a lobang king. But already fretting over where, how and what to get for my first set of clubs.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shanghai   Greetings from Shanghai I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:03 am

browncow wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:

Hello! Haha, I wish I am such a lobang king. But already fretting over where, how and what to get for my first set of clubs.

You are a local stationed is Shanghai?
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
browncow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shanghai   Greetings from Shanghai I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:05 am

@stingray @Happy Feet

That's all very encouraging to a newbie, thanks!

Hopefully I get to test myself on the green soon. For good or for bad, you don't need PC or handicap ratings to go on the green at most golf courses in China. All you need is $$$$
Back to top Go down
browncow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shanghai   Greetings from Shanghai I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:07 am

@TigaWood

Yup, Singaporean in Shanghai. 7mths into my second stint here.
Back to top Go down
ahhoe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shanghai   Greetings from Shanghai I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 7:48 am

This time of the year is not a good golfing time in the north ..... come to the south and that's where I am ........ Dongguan.
Back to top Go down
browncow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shanghai   Greetings from Shanghai I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:38 pm

ahhoe wrote:
This time of the year is not a good golfing time in the north ..... come to the south and that's where I am ........ Dongguan.

ahhh yes, it's getting too cold to even be at the range. I always hear plenty of other exciting stuff besides golf in DG. HAHA.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shanghai   Greetings from Shanghai I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 7:17 pm

browncow wrote:
ahhoe wrote:

ahhh yes, it's getting too cold to even be at the range. I always hear plenty of other exciting stuff besides golf in DG. HAHA.

Exciting stuff ? DG Nothing compared to Shanghai Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shanghai   Greetings from Shanghai I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Shanghai
Page 1 of 1