Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Driver Head Scratch Repair

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jdyap
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Driver Head Scratch Repair Empty
PostSubject: Driver Head Scratch Repair   Driver Head Scratch Repair I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 12:27 am

Hi All,

I borrowed a friends driver yesterday and unfortunately, my golf bag fell off my cart on the pavement due to a loose bag strap, resulting in all my clubs, including my friend's driver, scratched. The damage is more cosmetic than function but I need to make sure I return an item I borrowed at the same quality.

Any idea if there are any shops here in SG that can driver head re-painting/polishing? I have used the above search function but am unable to find one.

Photo of damage below for reference. Hope you can advise.

Driver Head Scratch Repair Damage10
Back to top Go down
mariateo
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mariateo

PostSubject: Re: Driver Head Scratch Repair   Driver Head Scratch Repair I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 9:42 am

I have some wear scratches too... It will be nice to have the whole head respray. But will it change the specs of the driver?
Back to top Go down
jloo61
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Driver Head Scratch Repair   Driver Head Scratch Repair I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 11:39 am

oh mind, bad scratch.
Try go to a stationary shop and ask for a Paint maker.
must be Paint maker not a normal marker.
I try b4, it looks better.
Cheers mate
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Driver Head Scratch Repair   Driver Head Scratch Repair I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 2:07 pm

@maria, yes it does change the swing weight of the club if too many layers were sprayed onto the head. I had my head resprayed before and the first time I had it done, the swing weight was a little light and the feel wasn't as good. Subsequently added 2-3 more layers to bring it to back to the swing weight I like.
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Driver Head Scratch Repair   Driver Head Scratch Repair I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 8:21 pm

thats a pretty bad scratch u've got.. spraying paint wont really solve the prob. i'm quite sure your friend will notice it coz it is quite deep scratch.
Back to top Go down
jdyap
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Driver Head Scratch Repair   Driver Head Scratch Repair I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 10:20 pm

Thanks for the response guys.

I have already informed my friend and I told him I will try to fix it. It's a spare driver for him. Unfortunately, I'm not convinced that I want to buy it as I can probably get a new R11 for just a little more than what my friend would want for this R9 Supertri.

jloo61 - Thanks for advise. I will look for a paint marker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driver Head Scratch Repair   Driver Head Scratch Repair I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driver Head Scratch Repair
Page 1 of 1