Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interesting Day At BFG

Go down 
+9
nicasio
pushslice
hkhamateur
mUAr_cHEe
DGman
aquaman
timang84
asahi
bigbanana14
13 posters
AuthorMessage
bigbanana14
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Interesting Day At BFG Empty
PostSubject: Interesting Day At BFG   Interesting Day At BFG I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:58 pm

Was at Big Fish yesterday to get shafts replaced on a set of irons - as usual, Eric and co offered top notch service and advice, plus some little perks here and there (got matching-colored ferrules along with my Steelfiber shafts). Along the way, saw a couple of expensive clubs being built, including a $3.5k iron set. But the highlight of the day was seeing the number 1 and 2 ranked players in Singapore come in! First time seeing both of them together in person, and I was told it was purely coincidental.

First, LCB came in to fix his putter and was hitting some shots on the Trackman. Was quite an eye-opener seeing a top local Pro up close. One thing that really stood out was how relaxed his swing looked - did not look like he was breaking a sweat, and how consistent the shots were.

And then, MM came in to change grips on some of his clubs. Pity that I did not manage to see him in action though.

Managed to grab a photo together with the both of them, and got autographs as well!

As for my own set, work was delayed a bit as the Pros were getting their stuff fixed. At the end of an eventful day, managed to get a new set irons fixed to the exact specifications I was used to. At the same time, while I'm still a beginner to the game (around mid-90s score), it's reassuring to know that the guy who works on your gear is the same guy that the top local pros go to.

Just sharing an eventful encounter and dropping a note of appreciation to the great guys (and girls) at BFG.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Day At BFG   Interesting Day At BFG I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 11:18 pm

Have you tried the famous couch yet? It is so comfy one can just doze off on it.
Btw, nt casting couch but a real one yea
Back to top Go down
timang84
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
timang84

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Day At BFG   Interesting Day At BFG I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 11:21 pm

Wah bro got nice pics of your swee irons?
Back to top Go down
aquaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aquaman

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Day At BFG   Interesting Day At BFG I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 11:32 pm

Bro,
got your set of i95?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Day At BFG   Interesting Day At BFG I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 11:41 pm

Mardan is hot right now...the funny thing is he was "conned" into using a set of tour issue S300 ...we reshafted that about 2 weeks ago. "Conned" because he believe it is 110 g but its actually 125g. All the silkscreen were removed so he still thinks its the light version. his remark was the club feels light and easy to control.

he came by yesterday to report that ever since he had those changed, he has been shooting underpar on every round. he finished 65 today at the Goodpack Championship to win by 6 strokes ahead of Qunicy.

as for LCB, its going to be interesting next week as he brace himself with a new approach to the short game and putting. lets see how the next week will pan out and i hope he will give us a pleasant surprise.

DGman

picture Victor?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Day At BFG   Interesting Day At BFG I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:19 am

Interesting Day At BFG Untitled-1
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Day At BFG   Interesting Day At BFG I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:48 am

bigbanana14 wrote:
Was at Big Fish yesterday to get shafts replaced on a set of irons - as usual, Eric and co offered top notch service and advice, plus some little perks here and there (got matching-colored ferrules along with my Steelfiber shafts). Along the way, saw a couple of expensive clubs being built, including a $3.5k iron set. But the highlight of the day was seeing the number 1 and 2 ranked players in Singapore come in! First time seeing both of them together in person, and I was told it was purely coincidental.

First, LCB came in to fix his putter and was hitting some shots on the Trackman. Was quite an eye-opener seeing a top local Pro up close. One thing that really stood out was how relaxed his swing looked - did not look like he was breaking a sweat, and how consistent the shots were.

And then, MM came in to change grips on some of his clubs. Pity that I did not manage to see him in action though.

Managed to grab a photo together with the both of them, and got autographs as well!

As for my own set, work was delayed a bit as the Pros were getting their stuff fixed. At the end of an eventful day, managed to get a new set irons fixed to the exact specifications I was used to. At the same time, while I'm still a beginner to the game (around mid-90s score), it's reassuring to know that the guy who works on your gear is the same guy that the top local pros go to.

Just sharing an eventful encounter and dropping a note of appreciation to the great guys (and girls) at BFG.

Wow....up close and personal! cyclops
U re so...lucky man! Very Happy
I ve to squeezed thru a big crowd inorder to hve a look at them fm far still! Crying or Very sad
Share pics? Wink
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Day At BFG   Interesting Day At BFG I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:52 am

two days ago was tour pro day at the den, today is duck rice day.

heard rumors a couple korean lpga players going to change grip...
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Day At BFG   Interesting Day At BFG I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:55 am

Panji.....sssshhhhh
Back to top Go down
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Day At BFG   Interesting Day At BFG I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 8:05 am

wa lau wei...like that must visit the den asap lor...

Last edited by nicasio on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Day At BFG   Interesting Day At BFG I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 8:08 am

pushslice wrote:

some times it does make u wonder... whether BFG is selling golf services or a place to get free food.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Day At BFG   Interesting Day At BFG I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 8:15 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
pushslice wrote:

some times it does make u wonder... whether BFG is selling golf services or a place to get free food.

I though you knew ? "both" and also TCSS, free book or magazine, sofa, sometime free duck rice, check, check, touch, touch " i mean putters" ... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dexter06
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dexter06

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Day At BFG   Interesting Day At BFG I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 9:57 am

Slicer51 wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
pushslice wrote:

I though you knew ? "both" and also TCSS, free book or magazine, sofa, sometime free duck rice, check, check, touch, touch " i mean putters" ... Very Happy

Yeah agree its both! See see look look and then more damage lol !
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Day At BFG   Interesting Day At BFG I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:00 am

dexter06 wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
pushslice wrote:

Yeah agree its both! See see look look and then more damage lol !
This one I totally agree, see see look look, most of the time ended up buying...maybe the food or items there got some buy medicine in it....eat liao...sure buy buy buy.. lol!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Day At BFG   Interesting Day At BFG I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:41 am

i have to sent Razel to buy live chicken in JB once a week....if you see a bloody trail, you know why....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Day At BFG   Interesting Day At BFG I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 11:27 am

I'm afraid of being conned to buy a club that will make my game better..
on second thought, maybe not at all hahaha.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Day At BFG   Interesting Day At BFG I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting Day At BFG
Page 1 of 1