Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nakashima golf clubs

Go down 
+3
edgolf
eqtrend
benjiaming
7 posters
AuthorMessage
benjiaming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Nakashima golf clubs Empty
PostSubject: Nakashima golf clubs   Nakashima golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 3:31 pm

If you have come across Nakashima golf clubs, can advise the quality and performance compare to other Japanese brands such as Mizuno, Miura, Yamaha, etc.? Many thanks.
Back to top Go down
eqtrend
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nakashima golf clubs   Nakashima golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi Benjiaming

i think this might help
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/180208-what-is-the-word-on-nakashima-golf/

personally i never owned this club so can not comment

Back to top Go down
benjiaming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nakashima golf clubs   Nakashima golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 3:49 pm

Thanks bro eqtrend. Thought Nakashima was a Japanese brand but comments on golfwrx said it's American brand. A bit confused.
Back to top Go down
edgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nakashima golf clubs   Nakashima golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 4:16 pm

Its' an American brand.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Nakashima golf clubs   Nakashima golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 4:28 pm

what? that's so misleading....i almost bought a nakashima wedge, mainly because i thought it was a japanese brand. good thing i didn't follow my sucker instinct =)
Back to top Go down
benjiaming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nakashima golf clubs   Nakashima golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 4:37 pm

Most of the comments in golfwrx are positive about Nakashima golf clubs. I wonder why it is not as popular in S'pore.
Back to top Go down
jocheang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nakashima golf clubs   Nakashima golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 5:05 pm

incidentally I've got a Nakashima 60 deg lob wedge going for S$45. See here:

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t19593-wts-brand-new-tommy-hilfiger-golf-polos-2012-season-nakashima-60deg-lob-wedge-reduced

I've used it to chip around a practice green.. The spin (especially coupled with a Pro v1) is quite incredible. Only problem is I already own a 57 deg wedge, and so I don't pull it out of the bag.

It's in great condition if you wanna have a go at it. Let me know.
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Nakashima golf clubs   Nakashima golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 5:24 pm

Nakashima only have one shop in Singapore with Mark Higgs. I think Nakashima is as good as any other brand here . At the end of the day technology is the same . What i appreciate the most about Nakashima is you are actually fit for the club you going to try , the level of club fitting is so good from difference frequency shaft to kick point to 0.5 degree loft change to really get the optimum numbers . It is just step higher than other company i try from , it's a tour van experience i will say, but that my own opinion. Mark Higgs is so good and he will give you advice to improve your swing to get more efficient.
Back to top Go down
Dimples
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Dimples

PostSubject: Re: Nakashima golf clubs   Nakashima golf clubs I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 7:20 pm

Hey Benjiaming....

Nakashima is stocked by Mark Higgs, so CypPGA is spot on...

But if you just want to try and see how it is like, do drop by my work place at Turf City South End... we have a few sets that you can try the driver and irons... but as Cyp said... it is best to have it fitted...

Mark is a PGA professional. Hence, he would understand your swing and what not... I went to have myself fitted with him. And at that time, what he recommended to me was game improvement irons... but because of pride... i did not want to get it.. Shy lah... :p

But i kept in touch with him and i realised later why he recommended so.

So swing by Turf City if its convenient... and i'll bring out the clubs for you to hit around... I will be off tomorrow.. but SUnday i'm testing the Burner 3.0 clubs... swing by then if you wish... from 8 am to 3 pm.

Take care and have a great weekend.

Dimples
Back to top Go down
benjiaming
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nakashima golf clubs   Nakashima golf clubs I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 2:41 pm

Thanks for the offer, Dimples.
It's no hurry for me. I am still ok with my current golf clubs. Just see see look look for now, trying to find the next driver and iron sets when I am ready for the next upgrade.
Will contact you when I am ready and if your Nakashima clubs are still available. Many thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nakashima golf clubs   Nakashima golf clubs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nakashima golf clubs
Page 1 of 1