Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Internet Sales Can Put A New Twist On The Old Switcheroo

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

Internet Sales Can Put A New Twist On The Old Switcheroo Empty
PostSubject: Internet Sales Can Put A New Twist On The Old Switcheroo   Internet Sales Can Put A New Twist On The Old Switcheroo I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 11:41 pm

Heads-up!

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/2011-03/golf-johnson-equipment-0328
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Internet Sales Can Put A New Twist On The Old Switcheroo   Internet Sales Can Put A New Twist On The Old Switcheroo I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:14 am

thx bro for sharing.. very informative ... didnt know vokeys were also copied
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Internet Sales Can Put A New Twist On The Old Switcheroo   Internet Sales Can Put A New Twist On The Old Switcheroo I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:35 am

jeffman88 wrote:
thx bro for sharing.. very informative ... didnt know vokeys were also copied

Exactly! ANd i thought there wasn't counterfeit PING as well. Sad truth it is! Where there is demand there will be supply!
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Internet Sales Can Put A New Twist On The Old Switcheroo   Internet Sales Can Put A New Twist On The Old Switcheroo I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:45 am

people are looking for cheap stuffs nowadays. thats why counterfeit products are here in the market. in a glace, those clubs are very similar to me, i didnt know until i read the part that says the fake clubs are the bottom ones.
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
IGT

PostSubject: Re: Internet Sales Can Put A New Twist On The Old Switcheroo   Internet Sales Can Put A New Twist On The Old Switcheroo I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:50 am

Yes, and these are new clubs.

If they were used clubs with all the dings, gashes, scratches and discolored, really no clue how to differentiate.

Even with the serial # doesn't prove anything. Coz there is many genuine clubs don't carry serial #.
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Internet Sales Can Put A New Twist On The Old Switcheroo   Internet Sales Can Put A New Twist On The Old Switcheroo I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:52 am

bro, what can't counterfeit product do? if they can fake a club, faking a serial number is a piece of cake. true to what you said, if those are used clubs, it will be more difficult to tell which is which.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Internet Sales Can Put A New Twist On The Old Switcheroo   Internet Sales Can Put A New Twist On The Old Switcheroo I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 1:08 am

Internet Sales Can Put A New Twist On The Old Switcheroo Poorly-made-in-china-insiders-account-tactics-behind-paul-midler-hardcover-cover-art

Think the biggest culprit for fakes is China. Read above book POORLY MADE IN CHINA.
Interesting insider revelations about chinese factories, being squeezed by clients from countries with strong intellectual-property protection and innovative products eg USA, Europe for favourable pricing on manufacturing are turning such low profit to profitless contracts into lucrative relationships by producing extra factory overruns (or sometimes fakes) and selling them thro their backdoors to other Asian, African, Middle Eastern countries where are more laxed in what the author Midler called “quality fade”, ie making products that match specifications, innovation inside the factory turns to cutting costs, leaving out QC and often in ways that range from unsavoury to dangerous. In a further effort to create a margin, , but only because the factory can then directly sell knock-offs to buyers in other countries where patents and trademarks are ignored. It is, Midler says, a kind of factory arbitrage.
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Internet Sales Can Put A New Twist On The Old Switcheroo   Internet Sales Can Put A New Twist On The Old Switcheroo I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:30 am

we cant really blame china for doing it. they got very cheap labour and raw material over there. thats why big companies set up their factories there. but i think it has been in everyone's mind that all chinese made stuffs suck/fake. i think its quite naive to say that. it is true that the material used in china for making counterfeit products is not of the highest quality compared to the ones used for making original ones. and they also lack of QC imo. but not all chinese products are in "bad quality". when it all comes down to money making, even the big companies will want to cut down costs to make more profits for themselves.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Internet Sales Can Put A New Twist On The Old Switcheroo   Internet Sales Can Put A New Twist On The Old Switcheroo I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:18 am

most of the giant factories are facing a hard time. they are promised lucrative deals if they can get to a certain size and conditions such as living conditions, welfare and recreational facilities are all specified in the pre-contract agreements.

so they invest in building HDB style apartments in the factory premise, stock up library, ensure living standards is up to par.

then comes the contract, the giant international brands are very precise and they can submit a quote to the manufacturer (not the other way round). it list everything from cost of electricity, wage, raw material, component cost, profit expectation, etc......to arrive a manufactured unit. its the same from garment to furniture. of course they often neglect to acknowledge infrastructure cost, land lease, under-table money, entertainment expenses, living expenses to upkeep workers and lots of hidden costs in everyday business conditions. at the end of the day, the bigger the contract, the more money manufacturers can potentially lose.

i knew a factory who was making an entire range of golf bags for a renowned brand. the production was for one model in 3 colours and it was supposed to be completed in 6 months. the contract also stated that the last 15% payment will be paid 2 months after the final delivery of the contract. At the end of the production cycle, there were finger pointing on production issues and the entire projected profit was hinged on half the last payment. it went sour and the factory had to shut. to a certain extent, it was over extension of the factory's financial capabilities, but it boils down to naiveness at the end of the day. the international giant brands are not as level and partner-centric when it comes to profit.

China will lose its competitiveness with rising cost of living and wages. the international brands will have to find new manufacturing bases to reduce their cost and increase their profit. Vietnam and Indonesia seems to be that new promised land, of course once the doors of Myanmar is open, there will be another 20 million workers (at least) waiting in line.

now if you think about it there were many Asian countries before China. so Asia will also be the factory to the rest of the world cos whoever owns the trademark and IP will also be the king of the road.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Internet Sales Can Put A New Twist On The Old Switcheroo   Internet Sales Can Put A New Twist On The Old Switcheroo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Internet Sales Can Put A New Twist On The Old Switcheroo
Page 1 of 1