Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Such a funny game.. golf

Go down 
+2
guangzhao
buweeza
6 posters
AuthorMessage
buweeza
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Such a funny game.. golf Empty
PostSubject: Such a funny game.. golf   Such a funny game.. golf I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:14 pm

After 3 months of frustration with the driver, my flight mates (whom had enough of shouting "fore") pushed me into find a golf pro for lessons.

I went for the first lesson and guess what? My horrendous slices and pulls started to go dead straight... and far.

The golf pro then told me that it is just "mental". Nothing wrong with my stroke.

But I already paid for the lesson package. So how?

Golf is such a funny game.
Back to top Go down
guangzhao
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Such a funny game.. golf   Such a funny game.. golf I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:16 pm

Ask to learn other things? improve your short game? Or do some mental training?
Back to top Go down
buweeza
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Such a funny game.. golf   Such a funny game.. golf I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:19 pm

The point is that I had 3 months of pure frustration with my driver stroke that couldn't go straight.

Then SUDDENLY when I finally paid the money for a Pro coach. The ball just started going straight.

I'm kind of pissed off actually.
Back to top Go down
guangzhao
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Such a funny game.. golf   Such a funny game.. golf I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:21 pm

Well, the money did pay off... At least your ball is now going straight...

Prolly due to you exerting more control rather than just whacking...
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Such a funny game.. golf   Such a funny game.. golf I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:51 pm

I think most people, including me, wanna know how to bring range form to course.......
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: Such a funny game.. golf   Such a funny game.. golf I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 8:58 pm

Eeeh u pay coach for plenty of things ... Not just hitting it straight ... But also doing it efficiently so tat u can finish your games strong. Be patient n learn all the right things to do.

Give more credit to your coach Smile
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Such a funny game.. golf   Such a funny game.. golf I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 11:26 pm

buweeza wrote:
After 3 months of frustration with the driver, my flight mates (whom had enough of shouting "fore") pushed me into find a golf pro for lessons.

I went for the first lesson and guess what? My horrendous slices and pulls started to go dead straight... and far.

The golf pro then told me that it is just "mental". Nothing wrong with my stroke.

Buweeza: can u kindly share with us what mental aspects were addressed so that u can now hit dead straight shots? I for one would be most appreciative to know. Thx!
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Such a funny game.. golf   Such a funny game.. golf I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 11:34 pm

buweeza wrote:

"Nothing wrong with your stroke" does not mean you have a flawless stroke ... there will always be a part of your game that will warrant attention ... and if your rationale is you just want to have fun and game improvement is not important ... trust me , when you start playing better you will have so much more fun! ... make full use of the coach ... and you shouldnt be under any pressure to use up your lessons asap ... keep the lessons for a rainy day Beer

lol .. just realized the rainy day saying doesnt really work here in singapore!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Such a funny game.. golf   Such a funny game.. golf I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Such a funny game.. golf
Page 1 of 1