Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JB: MAC and non MAC clearance

Go down 
+2
hardrock
pippin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

JB: MAC and non MAC clearance Empty
PostSubject: JB: MAC and non MAC clearance   JB: MAC and non MAC clearance I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:43 pm

Went in with a fren to play over the weekend...

When we were coming back through the Malaysia checkpoint... then realised the non MAC passport was not STAMPED at time of entry....

Apparantly the officer was still sleeping in the early AM... or have mistaken both passports to be MAC.

The gist of it all... pls pls double check on your passports!!!

HELP
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: JB: MAC and non MAC clearance   JB: MAC and non MAC clearance I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:57 pm

Are you referring to MACS?
I usually will inform M'sia custom officer at e counter upon entry M'sia
Experience the officer stamp while checking thru my passport, immmediated ask them to cancel it.
So, is everyone responsibility to check before leaving e custom
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: JB: MAC and non MAC clearance   JB: MAC and non MAC clearance I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:07 pm

You better go back and explain to the officer otherwise your next visit they consider u illegally exit without stamp, than you're in trouble. It happened to me when I went JB with another 2 golf kakis they have MACS I don't. So they didn't stamp my PP when leaving JB.

My trip went in explained to the officer, he wrote a remark and signature, than it's cleared!
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: JB: MAC and non MAC clearance   JB: MAC and non MAC clearance I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:17 pm

oooh no.... coz now its no stamp in... no stamp out...
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: JB: MAC and non MAC clearance   JB: MAC and non MAC clearance I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:18 pm

iron eagle wrote:
You better go back and explain to the officer otherwise your next visit they consider u illegally exit without stamp, than you're in trouble. It happened to me when I went JB with another 2 golf kakis they have MACS I don't. So they didn't stamp my PP when leaving JB.

My trip went in explained to the officer, he wrote a remark and signature, than it's cleared!

Wow that's scary... wonder what would hv happended to u if they didnt accept ur so called "illegal' entry and exit of their country during ur last visit?
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: JB: MAC and non MAC clearance   JB: MAC and non MAC clearance I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:56 pm

Don't wait too long go asap to explain to the officer the actual situation
so that you'll be cleared.

If not your next trip or visit thru their JB custom could be a long one.
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: JB: MAC and non MAC clearance   JB: MAC and non MAC clearance I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:21 pm

Oh my... Wonder if anyone else has advice for this situation... affraid
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

PostSubject: Re: JB: MAC and non MAC clearance   JB: MAC and non MAC clearance I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:57 pm

pippin wrote:
oooh no.... coz now its no stamp in... no stamp out...

If no stamp in and no stamp out, shld not be an issue. Arrow
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: JB: MAC and non MAC clearance   JB: MAC and non MAC clearance I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 5:43 am

pippin wrote:
Went in with a fren to play over the weekend...

When we were coming back through the Malaysia checkpoint... then realised the non MAC passport was not STAMPED at time of entry....

Apparantly the officer was still sleeping in the early AM... or have mistaken both passports to be MAC.

The gist of it all... pls pls double check on your passports!!!

HELP

Suggest you go to Malaysia High Commission here to sort it out with the Immigration Officer before your next trip into Malaysia. You won't want all the hassle when you are the checkpoint.

My 2 cents worth...being an ex-Malaysian
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: JB: MAC and non MAC clearance   JB: MAC and non MAC clearance I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 7:55 am

yeah... i think they are not so diligent in checking the stamps... will know next when my fren goes in hahah !
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: JB: MAC and non MAC clearance   JB: MAC and non MAC clearance I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:13 am

pippin wrote:
yeah... i think they are not so diligent in checking the stamps... will know next when my fren goes in hahah !

It happen to one of my friend before stamp in but didn't stamp out, kana call to the office to settle by paying rm$50
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JB: MAC and non MAC clearance   JB: MAC and non MAC clearance I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JB: MAC and non MAC clearance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.