Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RIP Paul Ponnudorai

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

RIP Paul Ponnudorai Empty
PostSubject: RIP Paul Ponnudorai   RIP Paul Ponnudorai I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:33 am

Not sure if you guys know about him. Used to go down to Harry's Esplanade on Sat nights just to watch him live. To me, this guy is one of the best one man guitar performers i have ever seen in my life. Sadly, he passed away 2 weeks ago.

Source: The Star
Famed M’sian guitarist Paul Ponnudorai, 51, dies of organ failure
By ANN MARIE CHANDY

KUALA LUMPUR: Legendary Malaysian guitarist Paul Ponnudorai, 51, died early Saturday morning because of organ failure due to a latent infection.

Once described by Time magazine as “quite possibly the greatest musical interpreter of our time”, the Ipoh-born guitarist came to prominence in the 1980s as a sought-after club performer.

He has backed up a variety of local artists in the last three decades, including Sheila Majid and Sudirman, as well as played with a wide range of foreign stars such as Billy Cobham and Wynton Marsalis.

Right on Time, Ponnudorai's first album (of mostly covers but with a couple of originals), was released in 2005.

The guitarist's music ability was across the board and he was able to shine in all genres - from blues and rock to jazz and bluegrass and pop.

He was widely known in the regional live music scene and a highly respected performer.

The wake will be held Saturday from 2pm onwards at the Gui Yin Funeral Parlour at Jln 222, Petaling Jaya. The funeral is scheduled for Monday.

Ponnudorai leaves behind his wife Agnes, 91-year-old mother Kamalam, four brothers, three sisters, nieces, nephews and a host of fans.

Paul Ponnudorai Performance
Back to top Go down
mayalab
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
mayalab

RIP Paul Ponnudorai Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Paul Ponnudorai   RIP Paul Ponnudorai I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:59 am

RIP paul ponnudorai
Back to top Go down

RIP Paul Ponnudorai
Page 1 of 1