Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JACK AND THE POPE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

JACK AND THE POPE Empty
PostSubject: JACK AND THE POPE   JACK AND THE POPE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 9:34 pm

JACK AND THE POPE

The Pope met with his Cardinals to discuss a proposal from Benjamin Netanyahu, the leader of Israel.

"Your Holiness," said one of the Cardinals, "Mr. Netanyahu wants to challenge you to a game of golf to show the friendship and ecumenical spirit shared by the Jewish and Catholic faiths."

The Pope thought this was a good idea, but he had never held a golf club in his hand.

"Don't we have a Cardinal to represent me?" he asked.

"None that plays very well," a Cardinal replied. "But," he added, "there is a man named Jack Nicklaus, an American golfer who is a devout Catholic. We can offer to make him a Cardinal, and then ask him to play Mr. Netanyahu as your personal representative. In addition to showing our spirit of cooperation, we'll also win the match."

Everyone agreed it was a good idea. The call was made. Of course Nicklaus was honored and agreed to play.

The day after the match Nicklaus reported to the Vatican to inform the Pope of the result.

"I have some good news and some bad news, your Holiness," said the golfer.

"Tell me the good news first, Cardinal Nicklaus," said the Pope.

"Well, Your Holiness, I don't like to brag, but even though I have played some pretty terrific rounds of golf in my life, this was the best I have ever played, by far. I must have been inspired from above. My drives were long and true, my irons were accurate and purposeful, and my putting was perfect. With all due respect, my play was truly miraculous."

"How can there be bad news?" the Pope asked.

Nicklaus sighed, "I lost to Rabbi Tiger Woods by three strokes".
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

JACK AND THE POPE Empty
PostSubject: Re: JACK AND THE POPE   JACK AND THE POPE I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 9:56 pm

lol! Good one !!
Back to top Go down

JACK AND THE POPE
Page 1 of 1