Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

golf shoe chat

Go down 
+20
duffader
teegem
Tloc
ChrisD
shimizu.toruk
crayon33
jeffman88
simoner
chien
JohnBGLee
scottycollector
eiji
renode
pushslice
pocketace
AC
audi
enwee
bogeyman72
mi5trooper
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
crayon33
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
crayon33

golf shoe chat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:25 am

hi bro Chien, u can get this in Singapore only at Takashimaya Golf section, at the nike sales section.

I bought mine there the weekend it came out, and had to pay full price for it. NBZ. The sales person was quite adamant about holding his price and he had done his homework, so I paid full price.

Yesterday I bought a back up pair at Siam Paragon at 20% off, at $260.

Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:18 am

crayon33 wrote:
hi bro Chien, u can get this in Singapore only at Takashimaya Golf section, at the nike sales section.

I bought mine there the weekend it came out, and had to pay full price for it. NBZ. The sales person was quite adamant about holding his price and he had done his homework, so I paid full price.

Yesterday I bought a back up pair at Siam Paragon at 20% off, at $260.

Thanks mate !!!

Taka here I come !!!!

cheers

Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:24 am

pushslice wrote:
crayon, i had plantar fasciitis. I used to roll my feet on a frozen canned drink to alleviate the pain/swelling every day

went to Changi sports clinic and physio. turns out my whole muscles from shoulder to calf is so tight that it just pulls on the fascia.

try loosen your calf muscles and hamstrings primarily. Butt and mid back (thoracic) helps too.

I am free of pain...but if I forget to stretch, the sensation comes back.

My doc say during flare ups you should use the soles. when healthy, can use the natural foot approach to train the feet.

Bro PS, I used to have plantar on the left heel as well for the last 2 years or so. You're right rolling on a frozen canned drink would help, but IMO the diameter (of the can) is abit small...

You might wanna check this out - The Fit Bar. It's basically a high density foam roller. It cured me of my plantar, but I'm still using to massage other areas (quads, calves, hamstrings, back etc).
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:36 am

I bought my FJ 2 years back and still wearing it till now.
Be it rain shine or storm, still in good condition.
Whereas my 2 pairs of Nike and 3 pairs of callaway gave way after 3 to 4mths for each.
FJ is the best IMHO.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:40 am

Shimizu

yeah I have the fit bar, blue and red. Cannot tahan the black Laughing I use it to relieve big muscles like quads and butts

do you go to FTI at Queen Street?

I am not even 40 but my body is breaking down everywhere Stretcher
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 11:05 am

Bro PS, Yes I do! In fact I'm heading to FTI tomorrow :-) Who's your trainer?

I have the Red bar at home, use the black one at FTI for warm-up. Calves and quads still can tahan, but not the ITB :-)

Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 11:44 am

Joseph.. i go there mainly to fix all these ailments and improve posture to prevent backache.

shoe wise, I think I will get myself FJ XPS next. Has anyone worn it yet? Is it heavy after you walk for a while?

Back to top Go down
crayon33
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
crayon33

PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:16 pm

Go to Vinc Golf. They have both colors
Back to top Go down
Tloc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 1:54 pm

chien wrote:
Sorry to hijack your thread mi5trooper... Very Happy

Just wondering whether any of the good guys here have experienced spikeless golf shoes and which ones are light soft and comfy ??

Many thanks guys !! cheers

Just got a pair of FJ contour casual and tried them on the green.
Verdict no regrets.
Grip was ok on sand and turf for now.
Not as grippy as spikes but cleaning was a breeze after the game and comfort wise for this shoe is superb compared to adi 360 if you have broad toes like me.

I feel that getting a comfortable fit is more crucial then performance as we will be walking on them for 18 holes
Back to top Go down
teegem
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
teegem

PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:10 pm

The new adidas puremotion is really good too. Think its $145 less 20%. Its a golf shoes but spineless. 2 colours blue n white only.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:12 pm

pushslice wrote:
Joseph.. i go there mainly to fix all these ailments and improve posture to prevent backache.

shoe wise, I think I will get myself FJ XPS next. Has anyone worn it yet? Is it heavy after you walk for a while?

Heel portion abit high, might affect lie angle.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:19 pm

I keep putting my name into the hat for the FJ wins, you win contest but so far, no luck.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:20 pm

Technospaz wrote:
I keep putting my name into the hat for the FJ wins, you win contest but so far, no luck.

u r not alone...
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:57 pm

pushslice wrote:

Why not consider Icons bro... ?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:02 pm

thanks duff..suppose the more upright lie will help reduce my pushslice Laughing

Icons very classic loh...prefer something sportier, less posh hehehe i've been wearing contour since started golf. happy with FJ
Back to top Go down
LateGolfer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:48 pm

i just got my white FJ spikeless shoes from Golfhouse today..$99... i tried the mizuno 1 did not feel soft n comfy as FJ....

Next up going to the range to try it out...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: golf shoe chat   golf shoe chat - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

golf shoe chat
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2