Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is he one of your kaki?

Go down 
+11
DRGjr72
Tituman
Aloyboy
buweeza
Turbo
pushslice
billi
golfool2009
nientsu
Dstruc
p3nboy
15 posters
AuthorMessage
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

Is he one of your kaki? Empty
PostSubject: Is he one of your kaki?   Is he one of your kaki? I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 12:28 pm

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20120516-346286.html
Back to top Go down
Dstruc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Dstruc

PostSubject: Re: Is he one of your kaki?   Is he one of your kaki? I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 1:18 pm

i think its a TM 5 iron with NS pro shaft...
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Is he one of your kaki?   Is he one of your kaki? I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 1:20 pm

nice drama to start the weekend
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Is he one of your kaki?   Is he one of your kaki? I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 1:44 pm

Man, i hope it wasn't a forged iron.......the audi would really have scratched the club face.......
Back to top Go down
billi
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
billi

PostSubject: Re: Is he one of your kaki?   Is he one of your kaki? I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:12 pm

ROFL ROFL ROFL
Maybe Miura
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Is he one of your kaki?   Is he one of your kaki? I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:20 pm

to legal eagles in the forum

if somebody hold or wave a golf club or a bat or a whatever objects at me with obvious intention/threat of hurting me or my property (assume a verbal argument preceded it). what lawful options do I have for self defense?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Is he one of your kaki?   Is he one of your kaki? I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:28 pm

pushslice wrote:

if somebody hold or wave a golf club or a bat or a whatever objects at me with obvious intention/threat of hurting me or my property (assume a verbal argument preceded it). what lawful options do I have for self defense?

Buy lots of insurance ... lol!
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Is he one of your kaki?   Is he one of your kaki? I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:30 pm

pushslice wrote:

From what I've read on the forum....klj seems like an acceptable form of self defence......cup softly for pleasure.....squeeze with all your might for pain...
Back to top Go down
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

PostSubject: Re: Is he one of your kaki?   Is he one of your kaki? I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:35 pm

how about this

http://worldfamousdesignjunkies.com/illustration/marvel-comics-heads-to-springfield/attachment/ironman-ironman/
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Is he one of your kaki?   Is he one of your kaki? I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:57 pm

golfool2009 wrote:
pushslice wrote:

From what I've read on the forum....klj seems like an acceptable form of self defence......cup softly for pleasure.....squeeze with all your might for pain...

Laughing have you been receiving or giving?
Back to top Go down
buweeza
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is he one of your kaki?   Is he one of your kaki? I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 6:13 pm

Let's say a confrontation reaches a stage where a potentially deadly weapon is brandished.

Are you cornered? Look for all possible escape paths and get out of the situation immediately. If there is (there usually is), you should take it and exit. Conflict resolved.

What if you engaged him? Possible situations:

1. He deals you significant damage. You can file criminal charges etc etc but compensation is never enough.

2. You deal him significant damage. Rest assured even if he was the aggressor, you will have a hard time in court and face alot of unecessary troubles after that. Not worth it.

If you run away:

1. You have a bruised ego. Probably feel shitty for awhile but at least you suffer no physical pain or criminal consequences.

2. You have no long term reprecussions. Think: What if you get injured badly, permanently?. What if you injure him badly, is all the hassle after that worth it? Will it affect your job? Why do you risk the many more years in your life for that moment of anger?

--- What if there is no escape route ? ---

Hit him hard and fast in all the OB areas. Poke the eyes and knee the crotch is a good combo. Practice at home a few times first. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

PostSubject: Re: Is he one of your kaki?   Is he one of your kaki? I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:22 pm

lol... the black t shirt bald guy looks like Guy013 .... cheers
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Is he one of your kaki?   Is he one of your kaki? I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:26 pm

What Pushslice is trying to say is during a confrontation, the other party brandish a weapon of sort, a golf club for example, though it ended with no physical contact, is there a course of action for you to take like ........ scratch
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Is he one of your kaki?   Is he one of your kaki? I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:33 pm

Not sure about here in Singapore, but in the US depending on the state you reside if you are attacked or feel as if they are trying to harm you, you can defend yourself. Whether that is a gun, golf club, or whatever. It really depends on the situation and the 3 stories...The truth, and each of the other persons account of it.

Dan
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Is he one of your kaki?   Is he one of your kaki? I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:43 pm

Stand by your ground eh Dan?
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Is he one of your kaki?   Is he one of your kaki? I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:48 pm

pushslice wrote:
Stand by your ground eh Dan?

Sounds like a plausible defense if legitimate. It is a little wild wild west, but at the end of the day...if someone attacks you, what would you do? FIght or Flight?

Easiest way sometimes is to just walk away. But sometimes you don't have a choice.

Last edited by DRGjr72 on Sun May 20, 2012 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is he one of your kaki?   Is he one of your kaki? I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 10:45 am

I think using Wedge will be better than using Driver

did a quick browse....apparently in the report , Odyssey was mentioned....think he used putter
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is he one of your kaki?   Is he one of your kaki? I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 2:00 pm

Duval_S wrote:
...Odyssey was mentioned....think he used putter

Haha I think a Honda Odyssey was the car of the club-wielding attacker.
He would have to have a lot of balls to use an Odyssey putter (likely 2 ball). Razz
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is he one of your kaki?   Is he one of your kaki? I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 4:31 pm

This considered road rage right? So licence kangtong & jail, right? In Singapore, never be the the offensive one....
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
riverdeity

PostSubject: Re: Is he one of your kaki?   Is he one of your kaki? I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:52 pm

If he has a club brandished and is threatening to hurt you with it, any form of self defence as long as viewed to be reasonable in court would be fine. The problem is no one can really specify the boundaries of reasonable , best thing to do is to walk away in confrontations. The potential next year of your life plagued with the police and legal troubles is simply not worth it, even if you u are the claimant. Sg police is not the most efficient in these situations anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is he one of your kaki?   Is he one of your kaki? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is he one of your kaki?
Page 1 of 1