Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore

Go down 
+9
strokeguru
Turbo
haragolfer
chien
Technospaz
TDO
Derek
Duval_S
Ian4Golf
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Ian4Golf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Ian4Golf

Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore Empty
PostSubject: Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore   Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 4:32 pm

Hi,

Arrived in Singapore a few months back and was astounded at the cost of playing the game here. I knew it was expensive but this is outrageous.

Invariably it stops a number of amateur golfers getting better by restricting how many times they can play per week.

I have managed to play a few games in Batam.

I am looking for more golfers to join in a Group so that we can travel and share costs accordingly.

Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore   Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 4:52 pm

welcome to the forum

what does the '2' mean?
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore   Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 4:55 pm

means he will give us 2 strokes per hole! cheers
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore   Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 5:13 pm

Derek wrote:
means he will give us 2 strokes per hole! cheers

Wahaha! I like. 2 strokes per hole. But I think I will you can take out par 3s. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore   Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 5:14 pm

The 2 means that his handicap is 2.

I'm also 2. 2 legit to 2 quit.

Seriously though, welcome to the forum Ian4Golf Smile There are many games organized here so I'm sure you'll find fellow golfers to play with Smile
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore   Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 8:28 pm

Welcome to the forum !!!

Out of curiosity which many of us would be keen to know too, where were you residing before here ??
cheers

Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore   Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 9:57 pm

I would assume australian, if he finds it expensive here. Welcome to Singapore!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore   Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Hello Ian4golf, welcum on board ... Look forward to play and learn something from you ... Social golfer having single handicap in Singapore is a rare breed ... cool, man! Cool
Back to top Go down
strokeguru
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore   Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:20 pm

Welcome. Another choice is to play in Malaysia. That's of course you have your own transport.
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore   Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:55 pm

Which part of Batam u played ?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore   Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:56 pm

haragolfer wrote:
I would assume australian, if he finds it expensive here. Welcome to Singapore!
Actually can be an american as well.

@Ian4golf:Btw, you can try Sebana Cove, just near desaru but I'm not sure is that place still there.
Back to top Go down
golfjunk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
golfjunk

PostSubject: Re: Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore   Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:16 pm

Sebana Cove is still there but you have to book your flight.

They do not have enough buggy if you walk in.... White Flag

The price is very cheap RM 140 for Sunday golf...and they have government rate RM88 (don't understand what that means)

Get from agent will be cheaper than RM140.

Course condition (I play last week):

1) Rough = 80% lost ball unless you bring your dog or Sebana member along to find them
2) Hazard = 100% lost ball unless you bring your dog or Sebana member along to find them
3) Green = Slow, very slow... wet green even at 11:00 am....green don't feel soggy when you walk but when you putt your dry ball become wet ball.
4) Tee box = Don't bring any ladies.....they have anti-lady tee box....they did not maintain the ladies tee....you need a super long tee too see your ball.

Note: I did not bring along our dog but was playing with member of Sebana so only lost 1 ball.
Cheers Jump

Golf Junk
Back to top Go down
sp
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore   Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 10:22 pm

golfjunk wrote:
Sebana Cove is still there but you have to book your flight.

They do not have enough buggy if you walk in.... White Flag

The price is very cheap RM 140 for Sunday golf...and they have government rate RM88 (don't understand what that means)

Get from agent will be cheaper than RM140.

Course condition (I play last week):

1) Rough = 80% lost ball unless you bring your dog or Sebana member along to find them
2) Hazard = 100% lost ball unless you bring your dog or Sebana member along to find them
3) Green = Slow, very slow... wet green even at 11:00 am....green don't feel soggy when you walk but when you putt your dry ball become wet ball.
4) Tee box = Don't bring any ladies.....they have anti-lady tee box....they did not maintain the ladies tee....you need a super long tee too see your ball.

Note: I did not bring along our dog but was playing with member of Sebana so only lost 1 ball.
Cheers Jump

Golf Junk

ROFL
Actually I played there early of this year. At that time first nine was terrible bad like what you mentioned but second nine was much better.
The Government rate should refer to Government servant rate if not mistaken.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore   Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Single Handicap (2) Golfer new to Singapore
Page 1 of 1