Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ???

Go down 
+5
sunny
jaketang
S70B
Technospaz
Lamts18
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ??? Empty
PostSubject: Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ???   Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ??? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 5:06 pm

Sir ,
Is this possible and for real ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHphZve3qJQ
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ???   Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ??? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 6:17 pm

The last 15-20 seconds of the clip looks fake (particularly around 0:50).
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ???   Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ??? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 12:08 am

Abit fake. We never talked about whether it works in class.

But then again, my aircraft is so ugly the earth repels as long as the huge fan keeps things cool. Laughing
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ???   Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ??? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 12:19 am

it looks fake....
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ???   Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ??? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 12:25 am

it is certainly fake.

You look at the aircraft spin direction you will know.

Basics of aerodynamics, lift is created on the cambered surface as the fluid(air) has to travel a longer distance and thus created a pressure difference. For an aircraft that is moving forward(relative to the wings), the lift is upwards towards the cambered surface.

Look at when the wings snap. It is spinning the wrong way which is opposing the principles of aerodynamics.

Secondly, the aircraft relies on a very simple device called ailerons to do banking. The aileron is a very small compared to the entire wings and it requires the aircraft to be exactly balanced before it will work. Should the aircraft loses one wing, theoretically, all the lift is generated on only one side and the aircraft will go into a spin. If you make the aileron big enough(which never happen), and counter the lift for the aircraft to stop spinning, then total upward force will be=zero as the wings are the only aerofoils creating the lift and the aircraft will plunge.

3rdly, a light aircraft has it's fuel stored in the wings. If it snaps, theoretically it will have all the fuel leaked out and explode. Even if it doesn't, the pressure is in sufficient for the engine.

Lastly, it is a damn propeller for goodness sake... it simply cannot have enough thrust to carry an aircraft vertically up that way.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ???   Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ??? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 12:45 am

What I'm saying is that the video is fake as I think they merged an RC plane video with a real one.

Never say never with the RC:

Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ???   Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ??? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 12:47 am

Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ???   Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ??? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 12:51 am

yep... as i had discussed with you, the lift is wrong on the aircraft and causes wrong spin direction.

As RC aircraft are super light and the thrust is sufficient for the engine, most of the foils such as wings are not cambered on the top which enable them to do aerobatic stunts such as flying inverted etc. The lift is generated by manipulating the elevator.

Like what you had suspected, i also believe that it is a model aircraft, which explains why the engine can create sufficient thrust for hovering moves. It is probably built with the design of a actual aircraft and then the chop join the video to create the fake one.

edit: did you see the amount of exhause fuel leaking out of the aircraft? looks too suspiciously like a model aircraft
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ???   Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ??? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 1:02 am

Sound effects damn fake too. The guy sounds like he does B grade horror movies soundover.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ???   Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ??? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 8:53 am

Thanks Sir .... Cheere and have a nice weekend ... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ???   Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ??? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 9:43 am

haha did a bit of checking up and turns out it's all a bit of viral advertising by killathrill, a clothing company. looked cool for a while though..
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ???   Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ??? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 10:07 am

ironfist wrote:
haha did a bit of checking up and turns out it's all a bit of viral advertising by killathrill, a clothing company. looked cool for a while though..

Thanks Bro Ironfist ... You guys here are ever so helpful .... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ???   Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ??? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 3:44 pm

haha you're welcome. Smile

anyway i was also damn curious. i wanted to see that plane crash though!
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ???   Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:26 am

idol.. hope u and the missus are ok...

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/18/earthquake-hits-southern-california/
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ???   Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:00 am

I'm ok dude. Thanks for asking.

Didn't even realised it happened as we were all too engrossed in our work until someone mentioned that the hangings on the wall were shaking. It was a very short one that I didn't feel it at all.

OK, back to work. Smile
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ???   Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Now I know wat S70B stand for....hehehehe
Back to top Go down
fatmax
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
fatmax

PostSubject: Re: Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ???   Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:09 pm

I know i may get shot down with my following observations and my limited knowledge of aviation..... just my "PERSONAL" opinions and dis-believers are wel-cum

I certainly think it is possible for that to happen, clip shows an aerobatic/pylon racing "kit" plane. Unorthodox in built as compared to sunday club flyers and conventional people transporters...

These planes are either self built or purchased as a KIT and self assembled. The high Thrust to Weight ratio allows unthinkable manoeurvers to be performed based purely on engine thrust. Center of Gravity of aircraft is also very cleverly displaced right to the center/middle of it's longitudinal/lateral axis so plane is "UNSTABLE" making it capable of flipping and tossing ard. Which in this aspect is an oppose to conventional aircraft design striving for flight stability.

In terms of fuel storage, fuel in wings and belly are conventional storage locations and as mentioned earlier its a purpose built plane, careful positioning of fuel is very important to achieve its desired C.G further to add, it does not require range thus carriage of fuel is only sufficient for it's flight show/performance time frame. In satisfying the above, it does not sacrifice it's requirement of high thrust/weight ratio...

Also note normal planes with ailerons positioned at outboard of wing's trailing edge, in this purpose built plane, to achieve it's high rate of roll for aerobatics purpose its' ailerons actually stretches the whole of it's wing trailing edge!!!

Lastly i salute the Pilot who survived this wing-breaking experience, not an easy task, who would actually learn to fly an aeroplane without wings, given that few seconds between preserving his life and screaming to death, he chose the former!!! A quality i deemed all aviators must possess or shd be striving to achieve...

Old master S70B dun jips me okies...
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ???   Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:42 pm

fatmax wrote:
I know i may get shot down with my following observations and my limited knowledge of aviation..... just my "PERSONAL" opinions and dis-believers are wel-cum

Old master S70B dun jips me okies...

Hello, you r the ATPL master le so how to jip you sir? Laughing I oni can try and jip you on the golf course.

Anyway, still looks fake to me la. Whether its possible or not its another matter but your IT skills very good so explanation: pass. cheers

BTW, this was a thread from Oct 09. Almost forgot about it liao.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ???   Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paging S70B ... is this for real and possible ???
Page 1 of 1