Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is a "What if" Golf Story

Go down 
+2
jtek
TDO
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

This is a "What if" Golf Story Empty
PostSubject: This is a "What if" Golf Story   This is a "What if" Golf Story I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:43 pm

This is a "what if" golf story --

What if you were playing in the club championship tournament finals and the match was halved at the end of 17 holes. You had the honor and hit your ball a modest two hundred fifty yards to the middle of the fairway, leaving a simple six iron to the pin. Your opponent then hits his ball, lofting it deep into the woods to the right of the fairway.

Being the golfing gentleman that you are, you help your opponent look for his ball. Just before the permitted five minute search period ends, your opponent says: "Go ahead and hit your second shot and if I don't find it in time, I'll concede the match."
You hit your ball, landing it on the green, stopping about ten feet from the pin.

About the time your ball comes to rest, you hear your opponent exclaim from deep in the woods: "I found it!". The second sound you hear is a click, the sound of a club striking a ball and the ball comes sailing out of the woods and lands on the green, stopping no more than six inches from the hole.

Now the real "what if" in this story......

What if you had your opponent's ball in your pocket?
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: This is a "What if" Golf Story   This is a "What if" Golf Story I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:50 pm

ha ha ha....
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: This is a "What if" Golf Story   This is a "What if" Golf Story I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:01 am

Ha ha ha... good one!!!

I suspect this type of thing really does happen on the golf course!!!
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: This is a "What if" Golf Story   This is a "What if" Golf Story I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:51 am

How about throw the ball to the fringe of the woods n shout "i found ur ball! Probably u hit the wrong 1 & tat means penalty?"
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: This is a "What if" Golf Story   This is a "What if" Golf Story I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:04 am

Roystonnn wrote:
How about throw the ball to the fringe of the woods n shout "i found ur ball! Probably u hit the wrong 1 & tat means penalty?"

But you have already hit your ball to the green 10' away from hole how to go back and put the ball on the fringe of the wood?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: This is a "What if" Golf Story   This is a "What if" Golf Story I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:17 am

That was hilarious!! Good post, TDO! Smile
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: This is a "What if" Golf Story   This is a "What if" Golf Story I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:20 am

Bro,

Well, both of us cheated ! I rather lost the match to him rather to known to have cheated in a tournament Hehehe.

After the games ... I will return the ball to him and tell him " sorry, here your ball I picked up and I guess we both do not deserve to play golf any more " ... ROFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is a "What if" Golf Story   This is a "What if" Golf Story I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is a "What if" Golf Story
Page 1 of 1