Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Customizing club

Go down 
+4
golf_snowman
mizzy
Khorkar
Desmando R
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Desmando R
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Customizing club Empty
PostSubject: Customizing club   Customizing club I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:18 pm

Hi Fellow Golfers,

Am looking to customize a set of clubs and have a brand and club fitter in mind..

Do y ou guys have any take on club fitting that is fitted at the range? Means that there is not launch reader or any technology stuff reading your swing... Just the normal hit and see where the ball fly kinda customizing ....

Hope to hear some pros and cons from the experience players out there.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

Customizing club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing club   Customizing club I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:23 pm

Big Fish Keppel and/or Big Fish Bukit Merah. But I think Keppel will be more appealing as you can swing it in the range and see the result for yr self.

Contact Ms Frostee if you need the contact for Big Fish
Back to top Go down
Desmando R
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Customizing club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing club   Customizing club I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:26 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Big Fish Keppel and/or Big Fish Bukit Merah. But I think Keppel you can swing it in the range.

Hi Khorkar, Thanks alot for the reply but what im trying to find out is based on experience, is there any big difference or more confidence to the golfer if the club is fitted based on the reading of a machine indoor or based on how you hit it at the range?

Sorry if my question is too confusing Smile

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

Customizing club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing club   Customizing club I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:29 pm

both will not be an acid test of your iron fitting. because both are not done on the grass/fairway.. i.e. not rubber mats
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

Customizing club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing club   Customizing club I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:34 pm

you can consider fitter located at Laguna driving range...

dun think they have any flight monitor there...maybe it's something that you are looking for..
Back to top Go down
Desmando R
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Customizing club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing club   Customizing club I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:36 pm

mizzy wrote:
both will not be an acid test of your iron fitting. because both are not done on the grass/fairway.. i.e. not rubber mats

So given the both method is using rubber mat, can i ask which is better? or none... just buy whatever club that looks nice and play with it Smile Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Desmando R
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Customizing club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing club   Customizing club I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:40 pm

golf_snowman wrote:
you can consider fitter located at Laguna driving range...

dun think they have any flight monitor there...maybe it's something that you are looking for..

Hi Golf Snowman, Ever considered using them but as i have mentioned in my initial post, i do not know if i can get a more detailed / better fit for my clubs if i go to someone with a flight monitor.... hence asking around to see if someone has any experience on both Smile

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

Customizing club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing club   Customizing club I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:48 pm

Desmando R wrote:
mizzy wrote:

So given the both method is using rubber mat, can i ask which is better? or none... just buy whatever club that looks nice and play with it Smile Rolling Eyes

for irons, you only want to be sure the distance gaps are covered. that's the best you can do.
go play a game or 2 and after you have a feel for your irons, you will know if the distance gaps needs to be adjusted. you also know if you tend to hit the ball left or right and maybe need to adjust your lie angle.. look at your divots. if it is uniform and straight, then it maybe a swing issue.

reading a little deeper into your comment about buying whatever club that looks nice and play with it, I'm guessing you are just starting golf?

if that is the case, just go try a bunch of clubs.. you don't know what will fit you until you try it or your skill level changes. its a long road of discovery.. littered with tons of equipment hoing.. many wrong paths and experiments..
Back to top Go down
Spookieracer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Customizing club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing club   Customizing club I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 6:08 pm

hey, glad to see this thread. I'm also looking to customize my next set of clubs. always thought that going to the "range fitters" was better because you actually see where the ball goes. But you brought up an important point in the computerized analysis with "indoor fitters". So yah, which is actually better?
Back to top Go down
acidic88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Customizing club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing club   Customizing club I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 9:41 pm

BFG Keppel... driving range with trackman!! Although I got fitted by DGman at BFG BM (indoor) using trackman.. I'm a very happy customer. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

Customizing club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing club   Customizing club I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 1:55 pm

I agree with Mizzy... go try out the irons on the green and feel it for yourself, some may say fitting on a rubber mat is different from the real thing, but i feel at least it sets something constant...

Anyway, fitting the club is not a means to an end, its just the beginning... set your expectations right and you probably will enjoy golf more.

I got fitted at BFG by DGman too and i have to say i am playing more consistent golf now... at least i know when i dun hit my irons well i can't blame the club haha! Beer
Back to top Go down
Saviya
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Customizing club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing club   Customizing club I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 3:05 pm

I am not sure, so sorry...
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfsohot.com
Sponsored content

Customizing club Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing club   Customizing club I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Customizing club
Page 1 of 1