Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to get PC?

Go down 
+11
zakevich
Harold03
Derek
escyb
Ant
Tituman
timang84
Ironman
catdforever
Khorkar
NikeN
15 posters
AuthorMessage
NikeN
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
NikeN

How to get PC? Empty
PostSubject: How to get PC?   How to get PC? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 4:54 pm

For golfer who dont own any club membership and never attended any lesson with any golf academy, what is the way to get a PC/Handicap?
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

How to get PC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to get PC?   How to get PC? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 6:58 pm

In the 1st place, why do you think you need a PC?

Assuming PC stands for Proficiency Cert.... and not Professional Cert...
Back to top Go down
catdforever
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
catdforever

How to get PC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to get PC?   How to get PC? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 7:02 pm

I got mine from my coach. Took at 10 package lesson with him, after which took a test on the course and gained my PC. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ironman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Ironman

How to get PC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to get PC?   How to get PC? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 7:15 pm

I went for my PC course after 4 lessons with my coach at the Asian Golf Academy. 9 hole PC at this Mandai Executive Course.

Back to top Go down
http://www.smarterliving.asia
NikeN
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
NikeN

How to get PC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to get PC?   How to get PC? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 9:21 pm

Khorkar wrote:
In the 1st place, why do you think you need a PC?

Assuming PC stands for Proficiency Cert.... and not Professional Cert...

Thought PC is the step stone for handicap test...

Most ppl get their PC after lesson. How about skipping lesson and just sit for PC test?
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

How to get PC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to get PC?   How to get PC? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:36 pm

You dont need a PC for HCP test. PC cannot be admitted for use in other clubs other than place that issue it. In some case i.e. MBGC dont give a toss what PC card, they still insist you pay 10.50 to be tested before you can play in their "Tour" course

What I am trying to say, dont waste yr money on PC test. It has no use, just go straight for HCP test.

Last edited by Khorkar on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
timang84
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
timang84

How to get PC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to get PC?   How to get PC? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:41 pm

How does one go for the HCP test without going for lessons?
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

How to get PC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to get PC?   How to get PC? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:45 pm

Assuming that you are golfer and been playing the game for a while..

Join SSG, attend their HCP workshop and HCP test, then submit the 5-10 score cards then play their quarterly game at least 1 every quarter. Alternative is join Mygolfkaki, they offer HCP mngt as well, I think their process are similar to SSG.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

How to get PC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to get PC?   How to get PC? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 9:49 am

I thought some of the coaches in the forum offer official HC test whereby the Card can be used anywhere in Singapore. Real official HC.
Back to top Go down
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ant

How to get PC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to get PC?   How to get PC? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:29 am

AA Singapore also do PC and HCP maintenance. Just pay a small amount annually on top of your AA membership. Good for those who do not have a golf club membership. Check it out: www.aa.com.sg
Back to top Go down
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ant

How to get PC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to get PC?   How to get PC? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:29 am

soory... miss out the "s" Laughing ..... should be www.aas.com.sg.....
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

How to get PC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to get PC?   How to get PC? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:39 am

Consider Golf Allianze too. They are decent and membership includes optional but heavily subsidize insurance from NTUC Insurance as well.

Feel free to PM me if you need more info.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

How to get PC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to get PC?   How to get PC? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:55 am

I think I need to clarify a few things here.

Firstly, PCs tend not to be universally accepted. The acceptance is based on affiliation. For example, Jurong will recognised a PC from Pros based in their driving range and possibly other academies depending on the tie-up the club has.

For MBGC, PCs from Star Golf (based at MBGC) and mygolfkaki Academy (based at OCC) are accepted for weekday play before 5pm. PCs issued by country clubs for their members are also recognised for play before 2pm on weekdays. Other PCs are not accepted. Likewise, NSRCC strictly requires a handicap for their full length courses and only recognises PCs from their own in-house academy, no other PCs are accepted.

In essence, PCs are not universal, and are a particularly Singaporean phenomenon. A properly issued Handicap is universal, and no club globally has a right to refuse to accept your handicap as long as it is issued by a properly sanctioned club.

In Singapore, the overall licence to issue USGA handicaps is given to the SGA. SGA in turn licences both its ordinary (clubs with estate) and associate (clubs without estate) members. Handicaps are issued by Golf Clubs, not individuals.

An extract from section 8.4a: of the USGA Handicap System

"A player must earn a Handicap Index. No player has an inherent right to a Handicap Index without providing full evidence of ability to the golf club's Handicap Committee ..."

The key phrase here is "FULL EVIDENCE OF ABILITY". Aside from safety, the cornerstone of any handicapping system is the ability of the player to post the correct scores. And in order to post the correct scores, one needs to have a working knowledge of the rules of golf. Hence the need for a Rules of Golf Workshop (normally part of the PC process).

A player must also show that he and she can move around the golf course in good time, with an acceptable golf standard, i.e. acceptable playing ability. Hence the need to assess this during a courtesy round.

A club will normally ask for 5 x 18H scorecards to show that the testee is ready for his/her courtesy round. Otherwise, it is a waste of time and money for the testee. The catch 22 is that without a handicap, golf clubs in Singapore will (should) not let you play, so how does a new golfer go about obtaining those crucial practice rounds? Hence the PC, which is a temporary card to allow a new golfer to gain access to golf courses to obtain enough experience to obtain a proper handicap.

Kenkong79, pls PM me if you need more details.

On a side note, all clubs in Singapore are subject to audit to ensure that they are in compliance with the requirements of the USGA Handicap System. Whether the testing of "FULL EVIDENCE OF ABILITY" occurs over 1 session or 2 sessions is up to each club, but it must be done.

Like any other license for activities which has a risk of injury to self or others, it is no big deal faking it or "buying" a license, until such time as something happens, e.g. Injury. Most clauses on Golf Insurance also exempt those without established playing ability. Why not put your mind at ease and get it done properly?
Back to top Go down
Harold03
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

How to get PC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to get PC?   How to get PC? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 4:43 pm

I've had this hacker for a couple of months, but I keep getting cookie errors pop up on AVG virus protecter thing. In my tracker cookie document there are loads of txt documents with funny names like N7439LKH (that's not one of the names, but similar) And when I click on them they have a bunch of links and numbers in. I've deleted them even out of the recycle bin but everytime I click on Google or go on a website about 11 more come back! What should I do?
Back to top Go down
zakevich
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zakevich

How to get PC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to get PC?   How to get PC? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:48 pm

Is there a testing center. example like a driving center for me to take the rules and regulations theory test for golf in order to get a PC without a coach telling me what a wedge is use for, how to stroke a iron club?
Back to top Go down
zakevich
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
zakevich

How to get PC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to get PC?   How to get PC? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:00 pm

I found this from star golf academy. It seem that they offer rules of golf theory test.

http://www.stargolf.com.sg/test-fees-workshop/
Back to top Go down
SigmaOne
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
SigmaOne

How to get PC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to get PC?   How to get PC? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:15 pm

Check out big3golf.com.sg , cheap and good and super friendly. Fast and efficient to add. Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.SigmaGolfStudio.com
sparco212001
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

How to get PC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to get PC?   How to get PC? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 12:08 pm

so is it worth it to get a PC and from which club?

Really struggling to a firm decision now...hahaha
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

How to get PC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to get PC?   How to get PC? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 1:13 pm

sparco212001 wrote:
so is it worth it to get a PC and from which club?

Really struggling to a firm decision now...hahaha

If you want to play golf especially in Singapore, you're likely to need it. It's definitely worth it. It's like getting a learner's license to drive. Without it, you may know how to drive but that doesn't give you the right to drive Smile
Back to top Go down
sparco212001
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

How to get PC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to get PC?   How to get PC? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 1:24 pm

Hi Technospaz,

Thanks!

so which is the better centre? very much considering MBGC though.
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

How to get PC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to get PC?   How to get PC? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 1:14 pm

sparco212001 wrote:
Hi Technospaz,

Thanks!

Bro, do some search in the past threads....MBGC may not be the right choice.....just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

How to get PC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to get PC?   How to get PC? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 6:59 pm

sparco212001 wrote:
Hi Technospaz,

Thanks!

Hey Sparco, have you considered the MGK Academy at Tanglin Golf Course? The PC issues by MGKA gives you weekday playing privileges at OCC and MBGC (no need for swing test) and if you are also a MGK member, means you can enjoy the corporate union rate at OCC on weekdays (you will have to get a full hcap before being allow to play on weekends).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How to get PC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to get PC?   How to get PC? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to get PC?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: Golf Academy :: Golf Rules & Etiquette-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.