Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who's your favorite youtube instructor?

Go down 
+15
andytath
nutty88
bkll
daveaha
Derek
duffader
wilkang
benedictteo83
Duval_S
qqqqqq
dmateo
jocheang
bb2
TourSwing
gabong
19 posters
AuthorMessage
gabong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
gabong

Who's your favorite youtube instructor? Empty
PostSubject: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 7:13 pm

Hi,

There must be a million golf videos on youtube.
And many of us find them very useful.

Here's my fav instructor to share with everyone.

Dave Marsh - igolftv

Last edited by gabong on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 8:04 pm

Thanks , more info to absorb!

The brian manzella series is informative ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW0BbCzdPOk

Shawn Clement has a lot of videos covering most things ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFGrmHocmjM

The best is looking at 300FPS vids of all my fav golfers ... I never get bored of those!!!
Back to top Go down
bb2
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bb2

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 8:55 pm

Mark Crossfield - tests out latest equipment as well as golf instructions
Back to top Go down
jocheang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:01 pm

haha mark crossfield's pretty good but i really can't stand his introduction song. hahahaha.

love this guy: Conan Elliot. he's pretty senior and doesn't have a swing like Mcilroy, but he's got great, simple teaching points and a whole selection of videos to cure many common problems in the golf swing. he makes things very simple, and not only tells you what you should do, but why you shouldn't do other things.

has been very useful for me and hope it will be for you guys too.

enjoy!

Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:56 pm

I used to watch this guy named Rickard strongert. I don't think it was you tube originally, expert village if I'm not mistaken.
he has a really nice easy swing, which I tried to copy misserably.. Smile
Back to top Go down
qqqqqq
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:38 am

TourSwing wrote:
Thanks , more info to absorb!

The brian manzella series is informative ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW0BbCzdPOk

Shawn Clement has a lot of videos covering most things ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFGrmHocmjM

The best is looking at 300FPS vids of all my fav golfers ... I never get bored of those!!!

My vote is for shawn clement too, good thing is he has a forum too which they discuss his videos and teaching points.
Back to top Go down
gabong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
gabong

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:55 am

dmateo wrote:
I used to watch this guy named Rickard strongert. I don't think it was you tube originally, expert village if I'm not mistaken.

Yes. I find his videos to be very good and fun to watch too.
His videos are hosted on http://www.videojug.com/user/RickardStrongert.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:57 am

I have been searching for Tecno's swing on the tube...but to no avail yet....
Back to top Go down
benedictteo83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
benedictteo83

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:02 am

How abt David leadbetter? Love to watch his teaching too though I watch mark crossfield more.
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:21 am

For those who don't mind doing abit of reading.

http://www.golfmedic.net/
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:27 am

it has to be Lowhan Academy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:30 am

here is mine......for the last 2 months...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eLAG5GxQ_c

Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:48 am

dmateo wrote:

Perfect! ... the Videojug Way!
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:51 am

Come on. You forgot our GR teaching resident.

Click here.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:57 am

I like the part on the video where he emphasis on swing not hit the ball.
Specially the illustration when he was trying to throw a stone with a bent elbow that was hillarious.
The other good point is to hit through the ball and this time he use his knucle and palm to illustrate the point.

As Derek Said, Perfect, the video jug way Smile
Back to top Go down
bkll
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bkll

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:59 am

My game saw a little breakthrough with the style taught by Geoff Jones (aka SliceFixer) and Dan Whittaker (aka dfw1500).

I wonder if any local instructor teach similar type of swing?
Back to top Go down
gabong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
gabong

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:42 pm

wilkang wrote:
For those who don't mind doing abit of reading.

http://www.golfmedic.net/

Good read. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
gabong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
gabong

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:12 pm

bb2 wrote:

Mark Crossfield - tests out latest equipment as well as golf instructions

Mark's equipment reviews are pretty good.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 12:23 pm

Jeff Ritter for me if you believe in one plane swing

http://www.jeffrittergolf.com/
Back to top Go down
andytath
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
andytath

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:35 pm

Mark Crossfield
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:52 am

i like videojug too.

but for the one plane swing, i look for Jeff Ritter on youtube.
Back to top Go down
kwannick
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
kwannick

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:41 pm

I like Rickert Strongert. His videos make a lot of sense and he seems like a genuinely funny guy!

Videos are not a replacement for one to one personal instruction though. I learnt that the hard way. Took me months to get the right chipping & pitching techniques! Was topping my balls all over the green before I finally figured out what worked for me!
Back to top Go down
Harold03
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 4:42 pm

I'm torn between two now. First off, I want to say there are a lot of good instructors out there and they all have the niche's that make them good guys. I'd say that AFC Adam Lyons is an obvious choice. He is very very good at what he does and his students are phenominal from what I hear. Despite being married he is still very active helping people and attending seminars.

Also, Jon Sinn would be my second. Jon can break down game like nobody's business. He worked under Mystery for years and was the lead instructor for Mystery Method then he worked with Savoy. From there he's mastered his own techniques and single night lays with the help of Capt. Jack some. His obsessive nature allows him to be able to break down any instructor in the communities game and analyze like you wouldn't believe!!! From what I hear he genuinely cares about his students and follows up with them too. He has a great blog by the way. [link]

I personally have learned SO MUCH from reading Sinn's blog that it's melted my brain and reassembled it a few times. His takes on the community and "game" are definitely his own and are well thought out.

With that being said I'll mention some seriously under rated PUAs and instructors in the game today.

-Doc Holiday (this young man is a day game master)
-Speer
-Psych (I've heard interesting stuff about this guy, he's on his way!)
-Bravo PUA (Amazing stuff for online game)
-Steve Mayada aka El Topo (his red stack is awesome and his ability to go sexual is amazing)
-Capt. Jack (the pirate king is great a single night lays and taught most of the best instructors in the business how to master it as well)
Back to top Go down
megatiskandar
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:06 pm

Recently I found out about Bobby Clampett..pretty good advice on impact zone. I'm hoping to find a reasonably priced dvd around as well.
Back to top Go down
megatiskandar
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:34 pm

Actually, where in singapore can I buy golf instructional dvds at reasonable prices? I live in KL but will be down in singapore soon. So if have time, may shop for some. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite youtube instructor?   Who's your favorite youtube instructor? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's your favorite youtube instructor?
Page 1 of 1